2016 Lease deals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
Why do you think that's a 2016? They seem to still be clearing out the 2015 stock, and the year isn't given.
With the 2016 S having a 24 kWh battery, why doesn't Nissan consider making only SV and SL models for now until the 2015 24 kWh versions are all sold out? That might get the 30 kWh models to us who are waiting sooner ... If this gets too slow some of us are likely to hold out until the much longer range Leafs arrive.

LeftieBiker said:
$400+ a month for a Base SV with no Premium doesn't strike me as a good deal.

I haven't got dealers willing to go below 295/mo for a 2015 SV + premium. So considering that 418, while not good, isn't too bad either. I now have a quote for 450/mo all inclusive 0 down for an sv+premium 2016 (not in stock).

SV trim
242$ including taxes
36 months - 15K miles / Year, : Total: 45K miles
2500$ down

CA state has a rebate of 2500$ that I can apply.
This is in Burlingame nissan.

barterback said:
Have anyone closed a 2016 Leaf lease yet? If yes, please post the lease monthly pricing and down payment.
In CA
SV trim
242$ including taxes
2500$ down

forbayca said:
SV trim
242$ including taxes
2500$ down

Is this with or without Premium Package? That's a lease I could do, but Premium isn't optional for me..

LeftieBiker said:
forbayca said:
SV trim
242$ including taxes
2500$ down

Is this with or without Premium Package? That's a lease I could do, but Premium isn't optional for me..
It includes
LED headlight package
Premium Package
Mud Guards
17" Tire Package

Some else had posted purchase price in forum inTN as
2016 SV, MSRP $35,445, dealer gave $5000 NMAC discount + $2500 dealer discount, final price $27,945.
And apply for 7500$ federal credit.

forbayca said:
LeftieBiker said:
forbayca said:
SV trim
242$ including taxes
2500$ down

It includes
LED headlight package
Premium Package
Mud Guards
17" Tire Package

2016 SV, MSRP $35,445, dealer gave $5000 NMAC discount + $2500 dealer discount, final price $27,945.

Are you sure this is a 2016 leaf? That is the pricing dealers here have for the 2015

sgd2z said:
forbayca said:
LeftieBiker said:
It includes
LED headlight package
Premium Package
Mud Guards
17" Tire Package

Are you sure this is a 2016 leaf? That is the pricing dealers here have for the 2015
sgd2z said:
forbayca said:
LeftieBiker said:
It includes
LED headlight package
Premium Package
Mud Guards
17" Tire Package

Oh yes, 2016 leaf SV , I get the car today, was getting it tomorrow. Have signed . Several people I know have got it from same dealership. The prices you mentioned here were the prices mentioned to me last week and I said no.

For 2015 , over here the lease is 99$ per month, 0 down, 12K miles Per year for 36 months lease.

forbayca said:
sgd2z said:
forbayca said:
It includes
LED headlight package
Premium Package
Mud Guards
17" Tire Package

sgd2z said:
forbayca said:
It includes
LED headlight package
Premium Package
Mud Guards
17" Tire Package

Oh yes, 2016 leaf SV , I get the car today, was getting it tomorrow. Have signed . Several people I know have got it from same dealership. The prices you mentioned here were the prices mentioned to me last week and I said no.

For 2015 , over here the lease is 99$ per month, 0 down, 12K miles Per year for 36 months lease.
That sounds like a 2015. There is no LED headlight package on the 2016 SV. To get LED headlights you have to get the SL. Likewise there is no 17" tire package.

2015 for $99/mo with nothing doing doesn't sound possible. Thats $3600 total for a 3 year lease? Some people pay more than that at signing.

Update :
It is 2016 SV . The dealer called in morning as they got the car and I have the car home .
The packages they had mentioned were their mistake - for example LED

I have a premium package .

3 years lease is still a big problem. Essentially you have to sit out Gen 2 EV introduction.

May be I'll hang on till May and get Outlander.

evnow said:
3 years lease is still a big problem. Essentially you have to sit out Gen 2 EV introduction.

Yes, but you'll get the best deal, real,world feedback and have more options. Only thing holding me back is the Bolt being out in a year, with double the range of the 2016, and for the price of an SL.

Since the Gen II Leaf will probably be unaffordable to those of us who have low incomes, at least at first, I'd be fine with a three year lease at a good rate.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
But would get you more safely to a Model 3 release.
Model 3 with autopilot is going to be hard to beat. Hopefully Nissan will surprise us and have a good implementation of autopilot on their vehicles before Model 3 arrives.

evnow said:

And what's so bad about that? Is it really the end of the world to have to wait 1.5 years longer than the Joneses to get your Gen II Leaf? Afterall, at that point you won't be paying early-adopter prices on the car (like we have on our 2011-2015, and now again on the 30kwh 2016).

If the idea is to not buy early and pay a premium - we shouldn't be getting the '16 this early either - it is clearly overpriced - even compared to '11 Leaf.

True. And yes, I bought my Leaf as soon as it was available in my area. I'm familiar with paying a premium to buy early. What I don't understand is those who continue to do so every couple of years. I did once, and it was uncomfortable. Continually doing so is just not in my budget. And I guess that's the bottom line - there are many who have deeper pockets than I do. I guess I should stop speaking up and just enjoy my symbiotic relationship with them, hopefully buying a used 50kWh Leaf in about 5 years from now, while they move on to a shiny new 100kWh Leaf. And in the meantime, I'll keeping enjoying my ~25kWh Leaf, which is now down to about 17kWh usable.

Back