$199/mo for SV, 24mo, 12k miles -- too good to be true?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bradbissell said:
Have money factors remained the same since last month?

Sorry been waiting on the official call.... as far as I've been told the money factors and residuals have remained the same, just the loss of about $1400 in rebates.

KayserNissan said:
bradbissell said:
Have money factors remained the same since last month?

Sorry been waiting on the official call.... as far as I've been told the money factors and residuals have remained the same, just the loss of about $1400 in rebates.

Joe (aka KayserNissan) and others: Thank you for your posts. Could you give us an update on the rebate situation as of mid/late Oct 2012? How many LEAFs have Nissan sold YTD in USA? What's the inventory situation for the remainder of the year?

I am in California, so I am looking for the 36-months lease because of the $2500 Calif. rebate. We want the SL for its rear camera.

For 12,000 miles/year, 36 months lease, $2500 down or Zero down, what deal should we expect? (In SF bay area)

I got a recent quote of $230/mo, 15,000 miles/yr, 36 months, 2500 initial payment, 35 payments of $230 pre tax. 0.00003 rate, 47% residual. Is that pretty reasonable? How much will the payment per month go down by if I was to opt for 12,000 miles/year?

This is the incentive listed from my local dealer (Southern Middle TN)

2012 LEAF SV Lease
36 Months - $249/Month - $1,999 initial payment.
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,750 consumer down payment, $249 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $7,675 manufacturer's rebate applied to $249 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.

2012 LEAF SV Lease model 17112 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $26,227 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $8,964 At lease end, purchase for $17,304, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 10/31/2012.

Philip

bradbissell said:
Big thanks to Joe at Kayser Nissan! I was able to negotiate (okay really demand) $11500 off msrp for a new 2012 SL at a local dealer. Now all I need to do is fight on the residual and money factor. They are quoting 56% residual and refusing to quote .00003. Even with the higher % interest the monthly cost is crazy cheap with $0 down.

If I am not misunderstanding this, I don't think you have to "fight" the residual and money factor. The residual is set by Nissan leasing (57% for 2yr, 47% for 3yr). The money factor is already so low it is not material.

It's Oct 16 and I have a quote for 11,425 off msrp as well (for a 36mo/45k lease) in California. Anyone doing much better than 11,500 total discount for an SL?

As Joe of KayserNissan indicated earlier, there is less money on the table for the dealerships as of Oct 1. Maybe 11,500 is about as good as it gets.

(BTW, in the offer I received, money factor is 0.00003 w/ 47% residual, 3 yr lease.)

philipscoggins said:
This is the incentive listed from my local dealer (Southern Middle TN)

2012 LEAF SV Lease
36 Months - $249/Month - $1,999 initial payment.
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,750 consumer down payment, $249 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $7,675 manufacturer's rebate applied to $249 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.

2012 LEAF SV Lease model 17112 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $26,227 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $8,964 At lease end, purchase for $17,304, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 10/31/2012.

Philip

Current lease deal on a Leaf SV: $199/mo, $1,999 initial payment, 36mo/36k, plus taxes and fees.

Below lifted directly from NissanUSA web site Mid Oct 2012:

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $9,425 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.

2012 LEAF SV Lease model 17112 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $24,427 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $17,304, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 10/31/2012.

jon said:
(BTW, in the offer I received, money factor is 0.00003 w/ 47% residual, 3 yr lease.)

To convert Money Factor to APR Interest Rate, use the following formula:

Interest Rate = Money Factor * 2400

For example, 0.00003 * 2400 = 0.072% (almost free)

Jul 1, 2011 example:

Tier 1. 0.00003 (0.072%) Tier 2. 0.00048 (1.152%) Tier 3. 0.00228 (5.472%)

Hello all,
First post here so please give me some slack!
I just leased a black SV here in Denver for that 199/mo, 1999/down deal.
Luckily I'd texted the deal to my phone from Nissan's website because the salesman didn't believe me!
To that they tacked on a 499 handling fee for a total of 204/month. My buyout at the end of three years is 17,500.
Hope that encourages people on the fence!

Based on this thread, I am having an email dialogue with several dealers in WA State.

This is what they've come back to me with and wanted to get thoughts if this is a good deal:

2012 Nissan SL

Out of pocket fees = $1,110 due at signing (595 acquisition fee, 150 doc fee, license fee 225 and b&o tax of 140).

$199 a month for 24 month lease, 12k miles a year.

The residual is 56% of the msrp leaf. Roughly $21,431 and there is a 395 disposition fee at the end of the lease.

Good or still room to negotiate?

I do not know the details, but a friend reported today that he is going with Puyallup Nissan - $1,500, $189 a month for 24 months. I think he said 15K miles a year.

I think there's still plenty to negotiate. Granted, compared to what the "old timers" paid for their lease deals its incredible, but if you get a friendly dealer I think you could better the deal.

Philip

FeiChangHaoKan said:
Based on this thread, I am having an email dialogue with several dealers in WA State.

This is what they've come back to me with and wanted to get thoughts if this is a good deal:

2012 Nissan SL

Out of pocket fees = $1,110 due at signing (595 acquisition fee, 150 doc fee, license fee 225 and b&o tax of 140).

$199 a month for 24 month lease, 12k miles a year.

The residual is 56% of the msrp leaf. Roughly $21,431 and there is a 395 disposition fee at the end of the lease.
M
Good or still room to negotiate?
Where do you live? You did not mention what your lease incentive is. Your lease incentive is tied to your zip code. I'm in eastern WA, and the lease incentive is currently $8025.00 here. Depending on your zip code, the incentive may be as high a s $9775.00

FeiChangHaoKan said:
I am in Seattle.

Got feedback that I can negotiate a bit more and will try and get 15k miles per year for the same price.
Yes, I also believe there is some room for negotiation. For example, you might show them that Larry H. Miller Nissan in Englewood, CO is leasing 2012 SL's for 0 down, $177 / month for 12,000 miles per year lease. You can take a screen shot of the ad on their website and use it as a negotiating tool. The ad is the 5th button on the scrolling banner.

http://www.larrymillernissan.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is the 15,000 miles per year something you would actually use? If yes, then it is a benefit and has value. If not, it has no value. Also, I was told by Burien Nissan that dealers on your side of the state have a ICE loaner program, good for 10 to 20 free days of ICE rental through Nissan's One to One dealership program. If you search some terms like loaner program on this site you will find info. The program is for a limited time, but the verbage says the benefits may extend beyond the end of the signup time. Might be worth asking about. Good luck.

With this thread being over 2 years old it'd be interesting to see what those that had chosen to lease are now driving.

BoulderNissan said:
With this thread being over 2 years old it'd be interesting to see what those that had chosen to lease are now driving.

A slightly better '15 SV, but had to do a 3 year lease to get the MA rebate. 2017 could present much better choices in EVs.

BoulderNissan said:

Not limited to just Leaf lessees, but if they stayed with a pure electric and decided on something other than a Leaf, they went to the RAV4 EV (when still available), Tesla, or the newly released Soul EV.

Some went to PHEVs especially the Volt and to a lesser extent C-Max Energi.

One former Leafer did go back to a pure ICEV (Sentra). However as mentioned above, a few got another Leaf, including at least a couple who had suffered premature battery degradation.

I am one of those who took advantage of the $199/month lease special on the 2012 SV (but for 3 years) and have slightly less than a year left on my lease. I am considering the Volt 2.0 and Soul EV but I'm also considering extending the lease until Leaf 2.0 comes out.

I might be in a Soul now if they had been available here late last year, but the '15 LEAF was still the best deal with loyalty cash compared to the BMW and MB EVs, the Mitsu's still too small.

But in '17, could be a LEAF.2, Soul(.2?), Bolt, eNV200(.2?), or hopefully a Tesla 3 to use the SCs.

While I can get by with 84 EPA and QCs for occasional trips, it would be nice to be able to go to Boston and back without having to recharge anywhere.

BoulderNissan said:

As the originator of the thread I feel I should post ;-)

I'm still driving the LEAF I acquired in October 2012, but I also now own a April 2014 Tesla Model S. The LEAF was my "gateway drug" to EV's, I suppose you could say...

Back