$199/mo for SV, 24mo, 12k miles -- too good to be true?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I closed this afternoon on my new Silver SV Leaf

I've said it many times here, the lease is the way to finance this car. Congrats on the great deal.

Given that the money factor for these deals is for all intents and purposes zero... I think I'm paying a grand total of $35 in finance fees over my lease... it might be simplest to just have people report what they're paying IN TOTAL for the leases... that way we can factor out down payments or stuff like that...

I think the only real meaningful numbers are:
total payments, miles/year, model/trim

My dealer kept talking about how many they were selling, and from walking the lot there were at least four "new faces" since last week, and three more sitting on a transport truck. So either the dealer is actually selling a BUNCH of cars, or they're making an extremely good attempt to fake me into believing it. ;-)

I'm even more convinced now that they have a massive glut of 2012 inventory that they need to move... they're desperate to make sales numbers and/or something about the 2013s will make the 2012s impossible to sell when they arrive. Either way, I'm more than happy to pay what I'm paying for a 24 month electric car experiment...

Rich;

I would ask for 11,500 off msrp on the one you like on the lot and don't I it to just the 2 you listed. They should all be configured about the same unless the dealer has added extra paint and fabric coating that you may not want or need and jack up the price. The 11,500 is what Fontana Nissan in California is offering and they are one of the largest Leaf selling dealer. If they don't want to match, be prepared to walk and they will call you back by Sep 30 and accept your offer. They need the sale more than you need the Leaf.

Good luck,

Ian B

Mauileaf said:
Does 12,000/year 39 months and $350/month sound bad for SL? Zero sign and drive.

That sounds high but you would need to get more information - specifically the residual percentage, the MSRP, the discount, etc, to really compare it

Good to hear a few of you picked up some LEAFs using the information!

topaz, they should be able to lock it in no problem. The trick is they will need to 'RDR' the LEAF (tell Nissan you are buying it), run your credit, submit it for approval. Once you get back you can officially sign the paperwork. When I bought mine I did previously mentioned on 8/30 and didn't actually sign paperwork for about 2 more weeks...couldn't get the wife's schedule to align with mine haha.

Most dealers don't like doing it because you can back out at any time and having a car 'sold' without getting paid is worrisome. Offer to give them like a $500 non-refundable deposit if you back out or decide not to buy the LEAF. IE... free $500 for them if you don't buy the car from them.

Discount to ask for.
If you can line the numbers up with what I highlighted earlier, or what other folks are saying they signed up at after using the information here, you should be fairly safe. If you want to get specific though. There is roughly $1500-1800 in profit from the MSRP and the invoice (what the dealer paid Nissan Corp for the car). There is also between $1000-1200 dealer 'holdback' money Nissan Corp pays the dealer for selling the vehicle. Through 10.1.12 there is an extra $1000 dealer cash (bonus money Nissan Corp feeds to dealerships). So though the end of the month there is ~$3500-4000 in markup on the vehicle. (edit this going off of my region/market, there can be slight variations depending on the market)

With the amount of inventory out there and how easy it is to get more LEAFs I would imagine the vast majority of dealerships would be good with taking $1000 deals...probably less if you go in educated with what you want to accomplish. Might get yourself a super smoking deal if you can pit a pair of Nissan dealerships against each other ;) I do net cost deals whenever I find out that they were shopping at the dealership across town lol

Might even try going in there with all of this information and just explain that you understand they need to make money. Ask them point blank what the profit is, might just tell you. Good honesty check too since everything is fairly well spelled out now in this thread haha.

I reached out to Round Rock Nissan with specific terms and was able to get them to offer me a 24/24 lease on an SL, with absolutely no up front costs, with a monthly payment of $295.

Town North is going to match it, though I got the sense that they were not too thrilled about it.

Regardless, this seems like a pretty great deal. Looks like I am going to be driving a LEAF by this weekend.

:)

RichUT said:
I reached out to Round Rock Nissan with specific terms and was able to get them to offer me a 24/24 lease on an SL, with absolutely no up front costs, with a monthly payment of $295.

Town North is going to match it, though I got the sense that they were not too thrilled about it.

Regardless, this seems like a pretty great deal. Looks like I am going to be driving a LEAF by this weekend.

:)

There you go. Good bye to one gas bill, save money and get ready to have fun in this peppy Leaf. What color by the way?

Ian B

Since it's a short term lease, I'm leaning to blue. I've always driven white cars, but that's because I've always bought them and figured that I would get tired of a colored car before it was time to get a new one. That's not an issue with a 2 year lease.

What color did you get, Ian?

I love mine. The blue with the graphics package, really stands out. Considering it is a 2 year lease, yeah I did a different look than I normally would because it's not that long. The white with the graphics package looks pretty great IMO as well.

Sent my dealer to this thread and he came back with an offer of.

$1100 down & $231/24months. He's checking on if that was for 15k or 12k miles. I've gotta have 15k miles.

It's a 2012 SL with about 200 miles, most of which I put on it during my extended test drive last month ;)

RichUT said:
Since it's a short term lease, I'm leaning to blue. I've always driven white cars, but that's because I've always bought them and figured that I would get tired of a colored car before it was time to get a new one. That's not an issue with a 2 year lease.

What color did you get, Ian?

I have 2 of them here at the house. My primary Leaf is red and the other Leaf is silver. They get charged every 2-3 days since I work out of the house with the EVSE upgrade from Ingineer in this forum that turns the charging cable from 110 to 220. He offers an adaptor to plug and still use off a 110 plug if there is not a 220 where you go.

Congrats and let us know when he/she comes home.

Ian B

philipscoggins said:
Sent my dealer to this thread and he came back with an offer of.

$1100 down & $231/24months. He's checking on if that was for 15k or 12k miles. I've gotta have 15k miles.

It's a 2012 SL with about 200 miles, most of which I put on it during my extended test drive last month ;)

Do it but get that mileage worked out before signing.

Ian B

ljwobker said:
So I closed this afternoon on my new Silver SV Leaf (insert whatever emoticon means "excited" here...)

My lease details:

24 months, Silver LEAF SV
MSRP: 36620
Discount: 3050
Rebates: 8050 (7500 plus maybe more from the Nissan Mothership?)
Adjusted Cap cost: 25715
Money factor: .00003 (effectively zero)
15,000mi / year
Base payment: 212.62
add 3% NC use tax: $219/month
Cash at closing: $750 (includes first month's payment)

So the total amount paid will be ($750 + 23*219) or $5787... if you converted this to a "zero down and 23 payments" lease it would be $251 month. Looking at it another way, I'm paying 5787/30000 or 19.3 cents per mile to drive my leaf... which is almost what I will save in gasoline vs driving my existing Acura TL.

The sales guy bounced back and forth between me and "the sales manager" a few times and I had to push pretty hard to get this through... so while I think it might have been possible to get a little better deal, I think I did relatively well here. Maybe someone will pop that bubble, but this seems like a "good enough" deal in my book.
Yep, this is great. I don't want you to ever regret the car at that cost, you stole the thing. I've told people I know about it but still none have bothered looking into it. I think these cars are a total no-brainer at these lease rates.
Even if it's 12k that is solid because you're talking an SL. Don't sweat too much if it's only 12k, as you can buy miles at the end at a pretty reasonable $.15/mile, or $37/month, and if you're under the miles you haven't pre-bought something you cannot get back. I am betting it's a 12k.

KayserNissan said:
Good to hear a few of you picked up some LEAFs using the information!
Big +1 to Joe here at Kayser Nissan for going into all these details and arming potential customers with the data they need to negotiate a good deal. Anyone near them should be buying/leasing their LEAFs from him!

KayserNissan said:
topaz, they should be able to lock it in no problem. The trick is they will need to 'RDR' the LEAF (tell Nissan you are buying it), run your credit, submit it for approval.

Thanks Joe

Just wondering, will an RDR lock in the lease program+holdback+dealer cash even if Nissan doesn't renew them after the 1st?

Thanks!
--Daniel

philipscoggins said:
What do you mean by $37/month? I thought all lease overages were $/mile?

(My first lease)

Philip

Do the math. 3000 miles/year equals 250 miles/month. 250 miles * $.15/mile equals $37.50. So you would be paying $37.50/month.

ztanos said:
philipscoggins said:
What do you mean by $37/month? I thought all lease overages were $/mile?

Philip

Do the math. 3000 miles/year equals 250 miles/month. 250 miles * $.15/mile equals $37.50. So you would be paying $37.50/month.

Aaaah, that makes sense. I'll still aim for the lease being 15k though. 3 kids... 15k will be a little tight.

Philip

Back