About to Lease 2013 SV in Atlanta, is this a good deal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infounlim

Ready to lease a 2013 SV with just floormats.
Have VPP.
Was given a quote that included everything (tax 6.5%, title, tags) for $313/mo 2 years/12k mi. per year, $0 down
Plus standard dispo fee of $395 at end of lease

Does this sound right?

Based on what I have seen I appears to be pretty good.

This does not include the $5k Georgia tax credit.

what's your commute like? after tax credit you will essentially be riding free if you used to spend about 100/mo in gas

infounlim said:
Have VPP.
Was given a quote that included everything (tax 6.5%, title, tags) for $313/mo 2 years/12k mi. per year, $0 down

What is the MSRP, Invoice and the agreed price ? What money factor & residual are they using ? The number seems to be in the ball park, but we can't make out if they have added some junk fees unless we have all the numbers.

infounlim said:
25mi each way

You are at the sweet spot. You'll save about 200 per month, but your 12,000 miles will be too low. You'll use this car most if not for all your weekends. For $125 more per month I was able to purchase my SL without any money down.

infounlim said:
Have VPP.

Does this sound right?

$313.00 X 24 months = $7,512.00. $7,512.00 + $395.00 Dispo Fee = $7,907.00 Total Lease Cost.

$7,907.00 / 24,000 miles = $0.32945 per mile.

I'm a noob here and may be doing the math wrong, but I thought it was established earlier in the 2013 Buying/Leasing thread...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11245&start=430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... that a "good" deal on a base SV was around $0.25 per mile and some of the "great" deals were coming in around $0.20 to $0.23 or so. IIRC, some folks were getting SV's with either the Premium or QC Packages for between $0.25 and $0.29.

I'll have go back over that 2013 Buying/Leasing thread, but unless I've got it wrong, $0.33 per mile for a 2013 SV without one of the upgrade packages and with VPP doesn't qualify as a "good" deal :(

I just leased an SV with premium package in ATL for 24 months 15K miles NON-VPP price @ $325 per month with only the first month down.

Hope this helps...

infounlim said:
Have VPP.

Does this sound right?

I think that you should work the credit into the deal, 6 weeks ago I leased a similar car with navi, 1k down 275 per month. I am in FLA and the supply of cars here is not what you can find up where you are.
bottom line, I think that you can do better

Unlike the Federal Tax Credit, the GA Tax Credit is completely separate from the lease negotiation/sales price.

Does the Zero Down include the first month's payment? 12,000 or 15,000 annual miles?

The MSRP, Invoice and the agreed price are basically meaningless and only serve to confuse the leasee. These are the
Down Payment +
# of months x monthly payment +
Dispo Fee at End of Lease?

Personally, I'd be driving a harder bargain, especially with the Holiday weekend/End of Month coming up. The 2013 buying/leasing thread at the top of the forum is best place to review recent deals and email the Atlanta dealers seems to be the best way to maximize your neogitation time.

If you have the cash, I'd offer a $1000 down payment to see how that effects your monthly payments over the life of the lease.

Back