13 2011 LEAF ORPHANS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW @ Mossy Kearny Mesa

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weatherman said:
mossyleaf said:
Let's face it, in their remote location a Leaf might be a little hard to sell so they are forced to discount it to try to sell it from some online means.

As a former, long-time resident of Orange County, I don't think I ever considered Fontana as being "remote". Palm Springs is remote. Santa Barbara is remote. But arguing that Fontana is discounting their inventory because they are "remote" is pretty silly.

Then Why do you think they would be doing that then? They obviously do not have enough natural traffic for the Leaf to support selling the car for MSRP (Which you know is what they would prefer to do)or else they would be. Thus from the stand point of where prospective Leaf shoppers and buyers are, they are remote.

TonyWilliams said:
Late 2011's are available with the Cold Weather Package, and there were some in stock at Mossy Kearny Mesa a week or two ago.
Exactly Tony and you can still get them for $1000 off MSRP if you look.

Weatherman said:
mossyleaf said:
Let's face it, in their remote location a Leaf might be a little hard to sell so they are forced to discount it to try to sell it from some online means.
As a former, long-time resident of Orange County, I don't think I ever considered Fontana as being "remote". Palm Springs is remote. Santa Barbara is remote. But arguing that Fontana is discounting their inventory because they are "remote" is pretty silly.
+1

mossyleaf said:
Then Why do you think they would be doing that then? They obviously do not have enough natural traffic for the Leaf to support selling the car for MSRP (Which you know is what they would prefer to do)or else they would be. Thus from the stand point of where prospective Leaf shoppers and buyers are, they are remote.
Honestly? There are tons of reasons - it brings profits through volume of sale, not to mention good will and reputation among buyers who will send their families and friends to buy other cars there. It's the same reason, they and others provide orphans early to those who order with them for the same price without forcing customers to wait. You're a LEAF owner and forum supporter with a good reputation on here but sometimes, I think, you let the dealer side (no offense) get the better of you ;-)

I think you worded that very nicely and I do have to play both sides of the fence because honestly I live on both. But I absolutely believe that supply and demand drive pricing decisions made by dealers 100% of the time. Kind of hard to make it up on the volume with the Leaf...when there isn't and won't be any for a while.

evnow said:
But, in S California, does CW package matter ? I'd have liked to get hold of that CW package ....
I sure wish I had it in my LEAF! Probably will retrofit seat heaters in mine.

eHelmholtz said:
TonyWilliams said:
Late 2011's are available with the Cold Weather Package, and there were some in stock at Mossy Kearny Mesa a week or two ago.
Exactly Tony and you can still get them for $1000 off MSRP if you look.

Do you know where any are available at MSRP less $1000 (with cw)?

I am in Wisconsin - it will be a long time until we can order them - so I am considering buying out-of-state.

thefortunes said:

I am in Wisconsin - it will be a long time until we can order them - so I am considering buying out-of-state.
I sent you a PM with some suggestions ;-)

thefortunes said:

LOL. See the first post of this thread.

I find the recent discussion about Leafs selling below $1,000. MSRP amusing. It fails to take into consideration the big picture of the entire experience one has with a dealer. From purchasing to the on going maintenance of a Leaf. It seems to me that there is not a lot of room for a dealer to make a fair profit below $1000. Having a financially healthy dealer is important to me as I look to having a long term relationship with my dealer where if service issues arise, I will be given the benefit of any doubt about cost or what is necessary to make my Leaf right. While my Leaf has been trouble free. Retrofit and other issues may come up in the future. I am very comfortable that Leon will do the right thing if issues arise. He made my purchasing experience a pleasant one. Always honest and what he says he will do he does without the hassle that I have had from other dealers.

evnow said:
thefortunes said:

LOL. See the first post of this thread.

Not sure why it is lol...the first post says nothing about MSRP LESS $1000 (and my post was specifically talking about 2011's with cw). Am I missing something?

Back