13 2011 LEAF ORPHANS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW @ Mossy Kearny Mesa

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
Steering wheel with heater has a nice stitching around it:

158f8829.jpg

HEY!! I want that steering wheel! I might have to get a nice cover for mine.

Great! are you selling these orphans for less than MSRP yet? Several dealers in the area are selling orphans for $1000 off MSRP and one dealer in San Jose sold an orphan 2012 for $1250 less than MSRP. Let us know and we'll send people your way!

Yesterday I got the long pending firmware update for my Leaf. I saw a few Leafs at the dealership, most of them with a "sold" note. One of the sold notes said MSRP+$4,999 AGM - bringing the price to $40k.

That's madness. It looks like Washington and the Pacific Northwest may lead California in building QC infrastructure but behind in prices ;-) (I went to high school in Vancouver, WA). Dealerships in California are known to sell orphan LEAFs for $1000-$1250 off MSRP now.

evnow said:
Yesterday I got the long pending firmware update for my Leaf. I saw a few Leafs at the dealership, most of them with a "sold" note. One of the sold notes said MSRP+$4,999 AGM - bringing the price to $40k.

there seems to be an upsurge in the interest in the Leaf lately around here... that's a good thing!

Looks like Mossy share Leaf inventory. No wonder Leon will sell most of them the other one null.

TonyWilliams said:
My local Mossy Nissan (not Leon's) has a $5000 markup on MSRP on their orphan in the showroom floor, as of Tuesday.

TonyWilliams said:
My local Mossy Nissan (not Leon's) has a $5000 markup on MSRP on their orphan in the showroom floor, as of Tuesday.
wow! my local Mossy Nissan (Mossy KM i.e. mossyleaf) is selling for MSRP but I had to buy at another Mossy Nissan for $1000 less than MSRP. In fact, several dealers in California are selling for less than MSRP now. I saw on this forum that one San Jose dealer was $1250 less then MSRP for a 2012 orphan. Just this afternoon, Fontana Nissan (not far from San Diego), had two 2012 orphans for $1000 less than MSRP. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5018&start=10#p151979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for keeping track! So what's a better deal? A 2012 for a thousand off or a 2011 for MSRP? I just sold someone an SL-e for 34770. They were soo stoked! It wouldn't surprise me if some dealers that are having trouble selling their inventory have to discount the new models that are thousands more there have been many market fluctuations with the Leaf thus far, and I expect there will be many more as long as there is a constriction on supply.

mossyleaf said:
Thanks for keeping track! So what's a better deal? A 2012 for a thousand off or a 2011 for MSRP? I just sold someone an SL-e for 34770. They were soo stoked!
I suppose some prefer 2012 and others prefer 2011 depending on whether they need the CW package but which ever angle you take it, $1000 off MSRP is better than MSRP. Personally, I like the deal that I got better: a 2011 SL-e orphan for $33,570 (MSRP - $1000 + $365 on extras that I wanted). So I think it's great that you have 10+ LEAFs available at an OK price but I certainly wouldn't be stoked by MSRP pricing this late in the LEAF rollout.

You are speaking from the perspective of someone who purchased months ago, before the the price increase of the 2012's was even announced. I assume you post and provide the data you do to help those who might find themselves in the market for a Leaf now under the current market conditions. Certainly it's not fair or wise to apply what happened in the past to the present when things are clearly different. The question is should a Leaf buyer who finds themselves in the market now, is not even a qualified ETEC household be stoked to come upon a new 2011 Leaf for 34770, surely you would have to agree that is a great opportunity given the current circumstances.

eHelmholtz said:
I suppose some prefer 2012 and others prefer 2011 depending on whether they need the CW package but which ever angle you take it, $1000 off MSRP is better than MSRP. Personally, I like the deal that I got better: a 2011 SL-e orphan for $33,570 (MSRP - $1000 + $365 on extras that I wanted). So I think it's great that you have 10+ LEAFs available at an OK price but I certainly wouldn't be stoked by MSRP pricing this late in the LEAF rollout.
mossyleaf said:
You are speaking from the perspective of someone who purchased months ago, before the the price increase of the 2012's was even announced....come upon a new 2011 Leaf for 34770, surely you would have to agree that is a great opportunity given the current circumstances.
Actually, I bought my orphan 1 month after the pricing of the 2012 was announced. I understand that you think MSRP on an orphan is a great opportunity but given the evidence I just don't see it; for example, Fontana currently has orphans for $2000 off MSRP. I mean - I think MSRP pricing is a fair deal for the uninformed but for those of us on this forum there are better deals. Again, your 10+ LEAFs at MSRP is a good source of readily available orphans for those who can't be bothered to look for or don't think that $1000-$2000 off MSRP is worth the effort.

Their website indicates $1000 off not $2000. Let's face it, in their remote location a Leaf might be a little hard to sell so they are forced to discount it to try to sell it from some online means. Their 2012's are still 38k after that discount still reinforcing the overwhelming value of a new 2011 for 35k. I think that's a great deal either way and let's face it on a 2011 once it's gone it's gone! I have 14 Left, Probably sub 10 by months end and most likely completely gone by the end of december along with your value arguements.

mossyleaf said:
Let's face it, in their remote location a Leaf might be a little hard to sell so they are forced to discount it to try to sell it from some online means.

As a former, long-time resident of Orange County, I don't think I ever considered Fontana as being "remote". Palm Springs is remote. Santa Barbara is remote. But arguing that Fontana is discounting their inventory because they are "remote" is pretty silly.

Back