$1000 Loyalty Program for current Leaf owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omkar said:
So I negotiated a price and then told them I want to lease. I asked for lease numbers with $0 down. Then I asked for lease numbers with $1000 down. Those checked out and then I told them I want to use the $1000 Loyalty cash. I gave them my VIN, they looked it up, and apply the $1000 Loyalty cash as the down payment.

Perfect. That matches what we've heard from others. To the Nissan dealership the $1k loyalty cash is as good as any other cash, so they are happy to apply it.

However, I like the idea of doing what you did, which is to agree to price first then mention the $1k loyalty. If you do it the other way around you may not get as good a price from the dealer.

I can't seems to find the official nissan website that mentions this offer. I do vaguely remember recieving a letter a while back, but it is now nowhere to be found. Can someone please point me to some official capacity so I can print it out and give it to the dealer when I am done negotiating with the final price?

It actually expires 12/31/2014, so it's still good! I received an email on 4/24/2013 with the title: Nissan LEAF(R) owners get $1,000 Owner Loyalty Cash*. It was an email I could print with my name on it with the offer. I would do a search through your email and see if you can find it around that date. Good luck!

asinclair said:
It actually expires 12/31/2014, so it's still good! I received an email on 4/24/2013 with the title: Nissan LEAF(R) owners get $1,000 Owner Loyalty Cash*. It was an email I could print with my name on it with the offer. I would do a search through your email and see if you can find it around that date. Good luck!

That's correct. You don't actually need the email or a printed certificate - just mention the Nissan LEAF Loyalty Cash program and the dealer can look up your VIN and check it. The dealers are well aware of it, I've seen it mentioned in local Nissan newspaper ads.

I just reminded them of the program and although it took a bit to get it, I got it. apparently they have some sort of list of names of people who qualify but since i had turned in my 2011 to the same dealer, they did not need much convincing on my part

I hope they keep it around next year also. I would like an extra grand thrown my way for my next lease.

I've read most of this thread. Does anybody have an actual link from an official source on this?

I leased a 2012, so it appears that as long as I claim this rebate before the end of this year on either a purchased or leased new Nissan I can get the $1000, but I'd love an official link.

If this is real it makes my lease even more absurd. As it was I paid only $5736 all out for 24 months in a Leaf. This makes that $4736 (if I was otherwise going to get a Nissan--which I probably was).

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
I've read most of this thread. Does anybody have an actual link from an official source on this?

I leased a 2012, so it appears that as long as I claim this rebate before the end of this year on either a purchased or leased new Nissan I can get the $1000, but I'd love an official link.

If this is real it makes my lease even more absurd. As it was I paid only $5736 all out for 24 months in a Leaf. This makes that $4736 (if I was otherwise going to get a Nissan--which I probably was).

you dont need one... can't really put it any other way.

DaveinOlyWA said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:

you dont need one... can't really put it any other way.
I guess what I'm asking though is, in the absence of a letter/email from Nissan, all I really have is a lot of people talking about it. I've seen mention of it on a few dealership websites (from last year in google history), but they're very sparse on details and I've seen no fine print :0

Well have to say I dont have the timelines for which cars qualify for the loyalty cash but was under the impression it was all 2011s and 2012s... anyone have info on that

Keep in mind, I was not on the list for the discount but it only took a call to corporate and about 15 mins to get it

I used my loyalty cash a few days ago when we leased a new Leaf. Our dealer had never even heard of this program and said he had no record of it in the system. But when I showed him the flyer I got in the mail, he said that would be no problem and they'd be able to use it. It ended up lowering my monthly lease payment by about $30 per month.

Okay this is what I was afraid of. I cannot find any information about this.

I called Nissan EV customer service, the guy couldn't find info about it, sent me to NMAC (nissan motor acceptance). Lady I spoke to there had no information about it. She found information about early lease turnin, which is in play through march 31st and will cover 3 payments.

Frankly, i could tell she "knew more than me" and was not particularly interested in my pleas to understand, but nonetheless I did specifically state that the loyalty program I'm asking about is $1000 and that it won't be well known because it's only for Leaf owners and a VIN can indicate whether it's valid. She said it's not done through Nissan; they only have the lease turn in. Maybe it's through a dealer.

If anybody here has actionable information we could use such as most helpfully a particular person's name at Nissan EV customer relations, then I'm sure we'd all enjoy it, otherwise I have to say this $1000 loyalty program is not in play, at least not for me, and I was hoping to use it very soon!

Hell, even an email from nissan or a scan of the letter they sent out. if this is still in play I will claim it, but I have been unable to do so thusfar.

I also recently leased a new 2013 SV and used my loyalty cash as the sole down payment.

Drove off with zero out of pocket.

I had no information other than a faint memory of this thread. I had to provide my VIN of my 2011 SL and that was it.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:

I called Nissan EV customer service, the guy couldn't find info about it, sent me to NMAC (nissan motor acceptance). Lady I spoke to there had no information about it. She found information about early lease turnin, which is in play through march 31st and will cover 3 payments.

Frankly, i could tell she "knew more than me" and was not particularly interested in my pleas to understand, but nonetheless I did specifically state that the loyalty program I'm asking about is $1000 and that it won't be well known because it's only for Leaf owners and a VIN can indicate whether it's valid. She said it's not done through Nissan; they only have the lease turn in. Maybe it's through a dealer.

If anybody here has actionable information we could use such as most helpfully a particular person's name at Nissan EV customer relations, then I'm sure we'd all enjoy it, otherwise I have to say this $1000 loyalty program is not in play, at least not for me, and I was hoping to use it very soon!

Hell, even an email from nissan or a scan of the letter they sent out. if this is still in play I will claim it, but I have been unable to do so thusfar.

i wonder if the offer was for 2011's only?

DaveinOlyWA said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:

i wonder if the offer was for 2011's only?

I have a 2012 and got the offer

And even if it was only 2011 the lady at NMAC said there is no such program. Like I said though she kind of had attitude with me from the get go and nothing I could say was going to change her opinion on it, so it would appear she was wrong. Still, if my dealer can't find anything about it I would love some ammo to use.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
And even if it was only 2011 the lady at NMAC said there is no such program. Like I said though she kind of had attitude with me from the get go and nothing I could say was going to change her opinion on it, so it would appear she was wrong. Still, if my dealer can't find anything about it I would love some ammo to use.
NMAC is the wrong organization to ask. They weren't/aren't offering the program. Nissan is. (I realize you tried to ask Nissan, but they are the right ones).

My offer came as an email back in April 2013 that says:
$1,000 LEAF® Owner Loyalty Cash*
Bring this email to your Nissan dealer by December 31, 2014 to receive $1,000 LEAF® Owner Loyalty Cash toward the lease or purchase of any new Nissan vehicle.
Excusively For:
xxxxxxxxx Offer ends: December 31, 2014
Learn more about national and regional incentives: choosenissan.com

* $1,000 LEAF® Owner Loyalty Cash available on all new Nissan models. Loyalty Cash valid through 12/31/2014. Available on lease and purchase. Customer must present their MY11/MY12 current LEAF VIN at the dealership to validate offer. Limit one offer per individual. Limit one offer per vehicle. Non-transferable out of household. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details.

Thanks, davewill. I will have to give Nissan a call--I guess consumer affairs on the right of this page: http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/contactus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I already tried EV and NMAc, maybe Nissan can hook me up ;)

Back