$1000 Loyalty Program for current Leaf owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iluvmacs writes:
We're working that out on our Leaf '13 lease right now. It's VPP+loyalty, so it just shows $8500 lease cash total.[/quote]

Iluvmacs,
Good luck to you! Are you looking at an SL? I'll be curious to see how your numbers match up to Evnow's chart on p. 20 and 21 of the companion lease thread. Have you seen Evnow's VPP breakdown showing current VPP prices + loyalty on all the Leaf models on the other thread?

I will be shopping for my second SL (I have a 2012 now that I got on closeout last October) in June and will be wanting Evnow's VPP + loyalty deal per the Nissan chart.[/quote]

I luvmacs writes:
We're getting an SV+LED+Premium. My wife and I both can't stand leather seats, so the SL is out of the question. Too bad, because I really love those new wheels! Our terms worked out to $710 down and $238/month for 24 months. Inclusive of a few accessories, tax, registration, etc.[/quote]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Great! Sounds like you are feeling comfortable about how things are going. Having experience in the car business many moons ago I am a skeptic. I hope at the end of your deal that you really did get the VPP pricing AND the $1000 loyalty credit that you deserve.

Corina1231 said:
Iluvmacs writes:
We're working that out on our Leaf '13 lease right now. It's VPP+loyalty, so it just shows $8500 lease cash total.
Iluvmacs, Good luck to you! Are you looking at an SL? I'll be curious to see how your numbers match up to Evnow's chart on p. 20 and 21 of the companion lease thread. Have you seen Evnow's VPP breakdown showing current VPP prices + loyalty on all the Leaf models on the other thread?

I will be shopping for my second SL (I have a 2012 now that I got on closeout last October) in June and will be wanting Evnow's VPP + loyalty deal per the Nissan chart.

We're getting an SV+LED+Premium. My wife and I both can't stand leather seats, so the SL is out of the question. Too bad, because I really love those new wheels! Our terms worked out to $710 down and $238/month for 24 months. Inclusive of a few accessories, tax, registration, etc.

Great! Sounds like you are feeling comfortable about how things are going. Having experience in the car business many moons ago I am a skeptic. I hope at the end of your deal that you really did get the VPP pricing AND the $1000 loyalty credit that you deserve.

Yes, I had them tell me the invoice price of the vehicle (confirmed independently), and I know VPP is $1K below that. Then there's the extra $1K loyalty on the lease cash. It was actually "difficult" for them at first -- they got the VPP price wrong because they're "just so used to VPP pricing being $150 under invoice" :roll: I haven't seen paperwork yet, but I won't until the vehicle is secured, which as a "special order" will take an indeterminate length of time... Good thing we love our '12 SL, and it will serve its purpose just fine until the new one comes in.

iluvmacs said:
Corina1231 said:
Iluvmacs writes:
We're working that out on our Leaf '13 lease right now. It's VPP+loyalty, so it just shows $8500 lease cash total.
Iluvmacs, Good luck to you! Are you looking at an SL? I'll be curious to see how your numbers match up to Evnow's chart on p. 20 and 21 of the companion lease thread. Have you seen Evnow's VPP breakdown showing current VPP prices + loyalty on all the Leaf models on the other thread?

I will be shopping for my second SL (I have a 2012 now that I got on closeout last October) in June and will be wanting Evnow's VPP + loyalty deal per the Nissan chart.

We're getting an SV+LED+Premium. My wife and I both can't stand leather seats, so the SL is out of the question. Too bad, because I really love those new wheels! Our terms worked out to $710 down and $238/month for 24 months. Inclusive of a few accessories, tax, registration, etc.

Yes, I had them tell me the invoice price of the vehicle (confirmed independently), and I know VPP is $1K below that. Then there's the extra $1K loyalty on the lease cash. It was actually "difficult" for them at first -- they got the VPP price wrong because they're "just so used to VPP pricing being $150 under invoice" :roll: I haven't seen paperwork yet, but I won't until the vehicle is secured, which as a "special order" will take an indeterminate length of time... Good thing we love our '12 SL, and it will serve its purpose just fine until the new one comes in.

My concern is that while the actual sales price of the vehicle is the single important factor when BUYING a car in an all cash deal, it is only one of a number of factors which determines the LEASE price of a car. The dealer can still controls the money factor, residual value, amount they charge on dealer add ons and other factors to determine what your lease deal ends up looking like. That's why Evnow's lease chart is so helpful because it tells us what the dealer should be charging to lease each model, considering the term, with the VPP and customer loyalty factored in.

I simply don't trust that because the dealer is showing me the correct sales price, and the correct down payment number, that they are giving me the correct lease price/terms based on Nissan's VPP and customer loyaly lease chart.

iluvmacs said:
We're getting an SV+LED+Premium. My wife and I both can't stand leather seats, so the SL is out of the question. Too bad, because I really love those new wheels!

I think Nissan goofed a bit on the packaging. I want the same thing - the black cloth seats, but with the LED lights, around-view cam, 6kW charger, and 17" wheels.

TEG said:
iluvmacs said:
We're getting an SV+LED+Premium. My wife and I both can't stand leather seats, so the SL is out of the question. Too bad, because I really love those new wheels!

I think Nissan goofed a bit on the packaging. I want the same thing - the black cloth seats, but with the LED lights, around-view cam, 6kW charger, and 17" wheels.

Guess that gives them an opportunity of something to tweak for the MY '14 :lol: That plus the lack of backup camera on non-Premium SV/SL. That's the worst thing they did with this lineup, I think.

Does anyone know if I can still get this $1000 loyalty if my MY12 LEAF was totaled. X.X

Need a new LEAF, and VPP + Loyalty would be nice.

----------------------
Current owners of a MY11 or MY12 LEAF qualify for $1,000 Bonus Cash toward purchase or lease of any new Nissan!
Key Information:
Offer valid on the purchase or lease of any new Nissan vehicle (excludes Infiniti)
Offer is transferable to members of the household/immediate family
Offer may be combined with any/all other offers available at the time of purchase
Offer is limited to one transaction (one lease or one retail sale)
Customer must provide their MY11 or MY12 Nissan LEAF VIN

I traded in my 2012 SL for a 2013 SV and got the VPP + Loyalty cash, and will get the 7,500 back from the credit over the next 8 months after adjusting the withholding. I had to print out the email at the dealer. No big deal. I just got the actual physical coupon in the mail.

suzywillow said:
Does anyone know if I can still get this $1000 loyalty if my MY12 LEAF was totaled. X.X

----------------------
Current owners of a MY11 or MY12 LEAF qualify for $1,000 Bonus Cash toward purchase or lease of any new Nissan!
Key Information:
Offer valid on the purchase or lease of any new Nissan vehicle (excludes Infiniti)
Offer may be combined with any/all other offers available at the time of purchase
Well, by the letter of the rules you posted, no. However, I'd all 800-NOGASEV and tell them your sob story. After all, what's sadder than a totaled LEAF and what's more loyal then immediately buying another one? I would be surprised if you can't find a way to get it. Also, if you give the dealer your old VIN he might not care that you technically don't own it any more, since your name is probably still the one Nissan has on record.

davewill said:
suzywillow said:

----------------------
Key Information:
Well, by the letter of the rules you posted, no. However, I'd all 800-NOGASEV and tell them your sob story. After all, what's sadder than a totaled LEAF and what's more loyal then immediately buying another one? I would be surprised if you can't find a way to get it. Also, if you give the dealer your old VIN he might not care that you technically don't own it any more, since your name is probably still the one Nissan has on record.

Dave?

exactly what "letter" are you referring to?

if you mean current owner, there have been a few here that got rid of their LEAF and took advantage of the offer after the fact.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Dave?

exactly what "letter" are you referring to?

if you mean current owner, there have been a few here that got rid of their LEAF and took advantage of the offer after the fact.
The list of rules that suzywillow posted. Particularly where it said "Current owners of a MY11 or MY12 LEAF qualify". Technically, she doesn't own the car any more, but as I said, I'd be surprised if she couldn't get it. Glad to hear you have first hand knowledge that others have gotten it after getting rid of their LEAFs.

Leased my second Leaf (leased a 2012 SL last October on a great year end closeout deal) today at Premier Nissan in San Jose.

Here are the terms:

2013 Nissan Leaf SV, Blue Ocean, with QC/LED package, floor and cargo mats and Hologram Kick Plates

MSRP $34,600

Sales Price $31,285

Lease terms: 2 year, 12k miles per year. Not VPP.

Down:$1,000 (includes first month payment of $165.52).

Payment: 23 more months @ $209 month as I negotiated; then they applied my $1000 customer loyalty money and it became only 23 @ $165.52 month for a total of $3806.96. Includes all TTL, taxes etc.

Dispo fee: $395 at turn in of vehicle.

Total cost of lease: down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee equals $5201.96. If I did not apply my $1000 customer loyalty money, of course, the total cost of lease would be $1000 more.

They threw in two years free maintenance service per specs in booklet.

My salesperson was Jason, though his closer manager K.P and I really finally struck the deal after about 2 hours of negotiation. It was four hours before I finally got out of the place with my car, which was about the same amount of time I spent there last October. Glad they had hot dogs and soda this time.

Corina, thanks again for posting the deal details. If possible, please join the local Facebook group. Quite a few people are considering getting a LEAF, and they could benefit from your expert advice.
sfbayleafsmnl

DaveinOlyWA said:
timhebb said:
Have any MNL forum members actually received this offer by mail yet?

It apparently expires April 1st; if so there is only a month to receive it and take advantage.

it expires DECEMBER 31, 2014
C'est fantastique! My lease expires Aug/2014.

This is a golden time to be buying a Leaf. I don't know if Nissan can keep these incentives up, plus the $7500 federal credit won't last forever.

Corina1231 said:
Leased my second Leaf (leased a 2012 SL last October on a great year end closeout deal) today at Premier Nissan in San Jose.

Here are the terms:

2013 Nissan Leaf SV, Blue Ocean, with QC/LED package, floor and cargo mats and Hologram Kick Plates

MSRP $34,600

Sales Price $31,285

Lease terms: 2 year, 12k miles per year. Not VPP.

Down:$1,000 (includes first month payment of $165.52).

Payment: 23 more months @ $209 month as I negotiated; then they applied my $1000 customer loyalty money and it became only 23 @ $165.52 month for a total of $3806.96. Includes all TTL, taxes etc.

Dispo fee: $395 at turn in of vehicle.

Total cost of lease: down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee equals $5201.96. If I did not apply my $1000 customer loyalty money, of course, the total cost of lease would be $1000 more.

They threw in two years free maintenance service per specs in booklet.

My salesperson was Jason, though his closer manager K.P and I really finally struck the deal after about 2 hours of negotiation. It was four hours before I finally got out of the place with my car, which was about the same amount of time I spent there last October. Glad they had hot dogs and soda this time.
Oh man! I thought I stole my Leaf, but 24 months total payments + dispo (although it doesn't come into play if I get another Leaf) for me is $6131.

Does anyone happen to know if the $1000 loyalty discount applies if you owned another Nissan model that's not a Leaf and you now want to lease or buy a Leaf?

oxo said:
Does anyone happen to know if the $1000 loyalty discount applies if you owned another Nissan model that's not a Leaf and you now want to lease or buy a Leaf?

Definitely not. It is only for owners of '11 and '12 Leafs.

I just got my second LEAF yesterday. Applied $1,000 rebate, went with the base S model with no options. $1,600 drive off total, $125 plus tax on 24 month lease. 15k per year. I live in Utah.

Not that it matters, but if I could apply the $1k discount to the residual buyout of my current car I'd give it serious consideration.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
timhebb said:
Have any MNL forum members actually received this offer by mail yet?

It apparently expires April 1st; if so there is only a month to receive it and take advantage.

The coupon that I received in April and used last week had an expiration date of December, 2013. But if you do not receive the mailer, you can simply give the vin number of your 2011 or 2012 Leaf to the dealer and receive the $1000 credit. Good Luck!

Back