$1000 Loyalty Program for current Leaf owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Honda has much better Loyalty Program than Nissan. They are applying new lease prices for the existing customers. I should have waited.. :evil:

Honda Reduces the Cost to Take Home a Fit EV

Fit EV monthly lease price reduced from $389 to $259 a month for new and existing lessees

New three-year lease term requires no down payment and includes unlimited mileage, routine maintenance and collision coverage

Customers receive 240 volt EV home charging station equipment as part of the lease

In addition to the new lease price, the Fit EV online application process is further streamlined to allow for quicker approval and delivery of the vehicle to the customer.

The new reduced lease price and unlimited mileage term also will be applied to existing Fit EV customer leases going forward starting in June 2013. With the reduced payment, unlimited mileage, maintenance and collision coverage, this new lease program makes the Fit EV one of the most affordable2 electric vehicles available in the U.S.

http://green.autoblog.com/2013/05/30/honda-fit-ev-lease-drops-to-259-adds-unlimited-miles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smkettner said:
Unlimited miles on a lease :shock: Who could have thought of that with a limited range vehicle :eek:
You would be surprised at how far some managed to push their cars. There is guy on this forum that has more that 70k miles on his leaf...

Copy of email from Honda

Dear XXXXXXX,

Tomorrow, Honda will announce that we are reducing the lease price of the Honda Fit EV from $389 to $259 per month for new customers starting June 1. We will also announce the elimination of the mileage cap of 12,000 miles per year, allowing customers to drive unlimited miles uring the term of the lease.

As we appreciate your business and want to reward your leadership as an early adopter of Fit EV technology, I wanted to let you know that we intend to offer our current Honda Fit EV customers a similar reduction in your lease plan as well as the elimination of the mileage cap. Beginning in June, subject to your agreement, your monthly Honda Fit EV lease payment will be reduced from $389 per month to $259 per month (plus tax) for the remainder of your lease. You will soon receive a follow up communication which will provide details regarding the specifics of this payment reduction. Should you have any questions regarding these lease enhancements, please contact [email protected].

I hope you are enjoying your Fit EV, recently named one of the Ten Best Green Cars of 2013 by KBB.com. To further enhance your experience, I encourage you to take advantage of Honda’s partnership with SolarCity to install solar power at your home with no upfront cost. This will allow you to charge your Fit EV with clean, affordable power from the sun. To find out more, please visit http://www.hondasolarcity.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or call 855-775-SOLAR (7652).

Best Regards,

Steven Center
Vice President
Environmental Business Development Office

tcherniaev said:
smkettner said:
Unlimited miles on a lease :shock: Who could have thought of that with a limited range vehicle :eek:
You would be surprised at how far some managed to push their cars. There is guy on this forum that has more that 70k miles on his leaf...
A back of the envelope calculation suggests that with the Fit EV's 6kW charging, 14 hours of charging and 10 hours of driving a day, you could rack up on the order of 400 miles per day, or 438,000 miles over the three year lease.

LeafLeafLeaf said:
Looks like Honda has much better Loyalty Program than Nissan. They are applying new lease prices for the existing customers. I should have waited.. :evil:

That IS a super attractive deal, and nice that they are lowering the prices of the lease for previous leasees. Of course, they've leased only 161 through April - much easier to do that when the number is so small.

tcherniaev said:
smkettner said:
Yes and for the handful that run 40,000 per year, many more are way under 12,000.
Just saying unlimited mile lease might be a great marketing tool with a limited range EV.
Sure the manufacturer might lose a bit on some but I speculate most will be under.

smkettner said:

ummm, If it was available here, I would be too tempted to do it. no down, $259 a month, EVSE included...

my SO is going back to Centrailia which means commute going from 9 miles back to 64 miles. I am working a temp job that involves a lot of driving. on my 2 year anniversary, I was just at 12,000 miles a year (about 24,800 I think in Jan) now, I am just over 34,000 miles and on pace to go over my 45,000 limit. so ya, that unlimited mileage is a HUGE benefit. think about Steve Marsh? he could have made out like a bandit on a deal like that

The FEV deal is very tempting. I like more space in my Leaf and QC but I can see the writing on the wall before I lose first capacity bar. I did sit in a FEV today and the Leaf does feel more upscale. One additional factor is that I will soon have a 70+ mile daily commute which will be tight on my Leaf's aging battery. My work place is installing charging stations, charging will unlikely be free, so no charging at all or charging at 6.6kW will be more cost efficient or convenient. I guess QC capability is really a deal breaker here, I was able to take my Leaf on 160 mile trips, it will be more difficult to do so in the FEV. Hmm.. scratching head

Yeah! Imagine the incredible good will and repeat business Nissan would generate by following the same path!

LeafLeafLeaf said:

TomT said:
Yeah! Imagine the incredible good will and repeat business Nissan would generate by following the same path!

LeafLeafLeaf said:
What will be the real deal sealer is what Nissan does in a few years to keep all the people that are getting $199 a month Leafs right now. Unless the EV market drastically changes really soon I plan on leasing another Leaf just like my '13 in 21 months and I really expect that there will be some kind of loyalty program above and beyond just waiving the end of lease fees and the extra wear and tear allowance (which is still smaller that Honda's standard allowance).

LeafLeafLeaf said:
That deal works better with only closed end leases being offered. Otherwise those that purchased would be looking for a big fat check.

I'm planning to take advantage of the $1000 loyalty on a new lease. Currently, I am nailing down a price with a few dealers. At what point do I need to mention I want the $1000 loyalty cash applied?

Also, I do not have the loyalty cash post card anymore. Do I just tell the dealer that I have a $1000 loyalty from Nissan and to look it up with my VIN?

omkar said:
I'm planning to take advantage of the $1000 loyalty on a new lease. Currently, I am nailing down a price with a few dealers. At what point do I need to mention I want the $1000 loyalty cash applied?

Also, I do not have the loyalty cash post card anymore. Do I just tell the dealer that I have a $1000 loyalty from Nissan and to look it up with my VIN?
The card I got specifically said something about making your best deal then take an additional $1000. So I suggest springing it on them after the deal is done. Let us know how that works out :D

I was reading the terms of this offer the other day and it sounded like you have to actually own/lease the '11 car at the time of a new purchase/lease. It left me wondering if the loyalty cash can be applied when trading one's Leaf in. Anyone knows?

Also, I was thinking I could sell my Leaf privately and get a new one with the loyalty discount, it didn't sound like this is possible.

LTLFTcomposite said:
omkar said:

The card I got specifically said something about making your best deal then take an additional $1000. So I suggest springing it on them after the deal is done. Let us know how that works out :D

Some people have reported doing exactly that. The extra cash comes from Nissan so it doesn't hurt the dealer if you do so.

And yes, just tell the dealer you want the loyalty rebate and provide them your VIN.

Valdemar said:
I was reading the terms of this offer the other day and it sounded like you have to actually own/lease the '11 car at the time of a new purchase/lease. It left me wondering if the loyalty cash can be applied when trading one's Leaf in. Anyone knows?

Also, I was thinking I could sell my Leaf privately and get a new one with the loyalty discount, it didn't sound like this is possible.

It does apply when trading in the LEAF, in fact that may be the most common way it is applied. Yes, it must be your current LEAF, and Nissan will validate your registration. Once the registration is validated you could then immediately sell the LEAF if you wanted.

cgaydos said:
Valdemar said:

It does apply when trading in the LEAF, in fact that may be the most common way it is applied. Yes, it must be your current LEAF, and Nissan will validate your registration. Once the registration is validated you could then immediately sell the LEAF if you wanted.

But getting it after a private party same isn't an option as the vehicle is no longer registered under the buyers name I would assume, right? One can in theory get more than $1000 from a private sale than from a trade-in, so if you don't mind to deal with selling the car yourself it may be a better option.

So I negotiated a price and then told them I want to lease. I asked for lease numbers with $0 down. Then I asked for lease numbers with $1000 down. Those checked out and then I told them I want to use the $1000 Loyalty cash. I gave them my VIN, they looked it up, and apply the $1000 Loyalty cash as the down payment.

Valdemar said:
cgaydos said:
Valdemar said:

But getting it after a private party same isn't an option as the vehicle is no longer registered under the buyers name I would assume, right? One can in theory get more than $1000 from a private sale than from a trade-in, so if you don't mind to deal with selling the car yourself it may be a better option.

I was pointing out that private party and trade-in are options - obviously not both in the same deal :D If you have a private party arranged then your best bet is to get the $1k loyalty credit first, then sign the docs for the new car, then sell the old car (could happen all in the same day).

Back