$1000 Loyalty Program for current Leaf owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, another dead-end. I called the "consumer affairs" number on nissanusa.com, it sent me to marketing, guy had never heard of it, he called lease department, they hadn't, either. The guy was helpful, too, but he just could not find anything about this at all for existing Leaf owners.

I defy anybody to in fact get an official acknowledgement that this program exists from Nissan. I've made 3-4 calls and nobody can even tell me they've heard of it or find anything about it. My last attempt will be my dealer but I'm not optimistic.

I was going to post the quote from the flyer I received, but then davewill beat me to it. But I'll validate that his text matches the text on mine exactly.

cgaydos said:
I was going to post the quote from the flyer I received, but then davewill beat me to it. But I'll validate that his text matches the text on mine exactly.
Damn it :evil: :lol:

I know this thing exists. Are you guys sure it's not some regional thing? I can't believe I can't get anybody to validate it. It's entirely possible I'm simply trying too hard and my dealer can identify it fast. I will give him a go next.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
cgaydos said:

I know this thing exists. Are you guys sure it's not some regional thing? I can't believe I can't get anybody to validate it. It's entirely possible I'm simply trying too hard and my dealer can identify it fast. I will give him a go next.

Don't have a "my dealer" to ask. Ask a list. Don't worry about how they work out a price. Keep asking "I've gotten a price of $____. Do you want to beat that price?"

WetEV said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
cgaydos said:

Don't have a "my dealer" to ask. Ask a list. Don't worry about how they work out a price. Keep asking "I've gotten a price of $____. Do you want to beat that price?"
Well the way I buy cars these days is I stalk local websites for months on end and when I see a loss leader posted I jump on it. In my experience they are unwilling to go below these to any significant degree. They'll try and squeeze you on a trade-in if you have one, so you can still get hosed on that, but if you're buying outright it's basically a take it or leave it. I've made a few killings with this method (although really anybody around here can do it if they're not married to a particular car at a particular time frame). 2010 Prius leased at $179/month with $1500 total out of pocket at signing, $209/month for a 2011 V6 Altima $1500 out of pocket, $239 2012 Leaf SV (24 month lease ), $0 out of pocket (that was my best one, it was legal theft).

I just got quotes on a vehicle today and once I had those numbers I then asked my guy about this program, so he'll look into it.

My sales guy can't find it, either, and neither can a couple of managers he asked.

I think this is not a national deal. I guess it was regional sent out to some people. I don't appear to qualify because I can't even get anybody in any official capacity to even admit it exists. I've found links online to other dealer websites that allude to it, so it is/was real, but it would seem not for new york, at the least.

EDIT: anybody with a flyer got letterhead or contact info or some program number or something? I'm about to buy a car this week and I wouldn't mind having this $1000. I appreciate the email above but even that isn't enough to move ahead with this.

EDIT: SUCCESS! I was close to giving up but finally got a hold of a guy from Nissan who called me a couple of days ago and left a VM. he did confirm everything in this thread. MY 11/12 owner or lesee, applies to any new Nissan. I am hesitant to give his contact info without his blessing, but the EV customer service number is: 8776642738 and if you find somebody and ask for Wesley, he is familiar with it. He said this program is hidden deep down in their docs, so the email he'll send me may not be an "official" program email but should be sufficient for the dealer.

OKay, more data just to satisfy my obsession, and also in case anybody else needs it in the future. I got an email sent from Nissan consumer affairs with precise program details in a word doc.

Program Period: March 1, 2013 – January 2, 2015
Program ID: 12N1199RLE (2012), 13N1199RBN (2013)

Program Name: LEAF Owner Loyalty
Channel: Nissan
Incentive Type: Owner Loyalty Direct Mail Program
Eligible Customers: A select group of targeted MY11/MY12 LEAF owners are eligible for $1,000 in cash towards the purchase or lease of an eligible Nissan vehicle. Note: eligibility may only be transferred among family members living at the same address. Customer must present his/her MY11/MY12 current LEAF VIN at the dealership to validate offer. Limit one offer per individual. Limit one offer per vehicle.
Eligible Dealers: Only authorized Nissan Dealers, who become operational before January 2, 2015, are eligible to participate. Any Nissan Dealer, who terminates or is terminated by Nissan during the program period, becomes ineligible effective the date of termination.
Validation: Validation of the VIN should be conducted at the time of the sale. However, a dealer must wait 48 hours after reporting a sale to conduct the program redemption.

(more)
The offer is valid for the person who registered the eligible LEAF unit. It is transferable within the same household, and the person must provide proof of residency. It is non-transferable to other family members or friends outside the household.
Limit one offer per qualified LEAF VIN number. Each offer may be used only once. Only one loyalty/conquest offer may be used on the new vehicle.

(Instructions for the dealer:)
Completing the Online LEAF Loyalty Program Claim Form
1. Log on to the dealer portal at http://www.NNAnet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. Click on the Nissan Incentive Awards link on the left navigation bar.
3. Click on the claiming link on the top navigation bar.
4. Select “Submit a Claim” from the list of options available for the correct program.
5. Enter the VIN number of the prior vehicle.
6. Enter the VIN of the new eligible vehicle and click “Submit”.
7. Enter the vehicle sale date, the claim amount and the customer information and click “Submit”.
8. Verify information entered is correct. If correct, click “Submit” to enter claim. If not correct, click “Modify” to correct and click “Submit” once again. Print resulting confirmation page for your records.
9. The Loyalty Program Summary report is updated nightly with the VIN detail of claims submitted and claims paid.

If your claim is not accepted, please immediately call the C&I Hotline or use Live Web Chat at Nissan Incentive Awards.

WetEV said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
cgaydos said:

this is how mine went. sent out email to 5 local dealers. got one great offer too good to be true and it was (guy claims he forgot to hit enter or something... i am guessing he forgot to add in the cost of my upgrades) so took 2011 in to have inspection, was advised it needed to be scheduled, its done by 3rd party, they are not taking appts during holidays (got mine a few days before Xmas)

ok i say that offer I was sent in email was not realistic and wanted to file request for quote with full blown credit check, etc. to see what i am looking at. they say ok, run it and as expected payment jumps up but still AT LEAST $40 a month cheaper than anyone else. they run a prelim lease form.

I advise i get $1000 loyalty cash. at first he says promo pricing on S's replaced that "program" (additional $$ off like the mystery $650 i assume he talking about). I say, "no, not right. this is on top fo that offer" then he says he knows nothing about it and can't find offer. I say call Ray in Everett, he can tell you about it. he leaves for a few. comes back, says ok program is valid and the offer should have been flagged automatically in the system but since I did not get LEAF from same location, could be causing problem. (iow, blame it on computer...)

they call Nissan Corp. I am not on "list" of people for discount. I say "not correct, call someone else"

they go off, come back 10 mins later, says "no problem. your VIN is well within the range of the offer ( i was LEAF # 258!!) and not sure why my name is not on list but they are in process of making sure its gets on there ASAP and should take 20 mins. would I like to sign?"

i say "no feeling comfortable with possible results of inspection" dealer say "that is a valid concern, lets go take a look"

we do walkaround. he thinks damage is minor other than broken antenna but its repair (over $300!! :shock: ) will still be covered by $500 forgiveness thingy. i say " but i wasn't planning on returning car today (car was a mess. during busy periods of work, i almost live in my car and it had a few weeks worth of garbage in there, several toys, extra clothes, etc... plus 2 lbs of fir needles (don't have a clue as to where they came from??) he say " no problem, we have the service dept do a once over before inspection" I still hesitant but also knew that I would start exceeding my 45,000 mile lease limit the next day, so I say "well, if its not too much trouble..."

so we sign, car is coming from Tacoma so I have to wait for them to bring it and i am suspecting, had to wait for them to charge it up first.

so no biggie; they have wi-fi and espresso machine (a decent one that is a few notches above normal waiting room mud)

so off negotiated price of $29,000.00 (ya to the penny) they put in my "down payment" of $9150

which was $1000 loyalty, $7500 tax credit, $650 S promo

this made my first payment, tabs, transfer fees, delivery, etc etc. and my total out the door cost was

zero.
a few weeks later I get a check for $34.75 for "over payment" on tab fees...

so my out the door cost was MINUS $34.75

since my initial offer was done thru employee discount program, it really was a no hassle negotiation.... sort of ;)

So, Dave, it sounds like I'm not the first one to have an issue with this program. It's definitely in play--and my dealer yesterday confirmed it's legit after I sent him the email--but it behooves a buyer to advocate for themselves with it.

Something his "manager" said and I'm not sure about is the claim that the $1000 "doesn't residualize" and so doesn't affect things the same as a normal $1000 cash down (sounds dubious). I got tired of talking about it over the phone, so need to see all the numbers in front of me to understand what he's talking about. I'm very diligent when it comes to numbers on things I buy, particularly cars, so I'll be sure not to get screwed on it.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
So, Dave, it sounds like I'm not the first one to have an issue with this program. It's definitely in play--and my dealer yesterday confirmed it's legit after I sent him the email--but it behooves a buyer to advocate for themselves with it.

Something his "manager" said and I'm not sure about is the claim that the $1000 "doesn't residualize" and so doesn't affect things the same as a normal $1000 cash down (sounds dubious). I got tired of talking about it over the phone, so need to see all the numbers in front of me to understand what he's talking about. I'm very diligent when it comes to numbers on things I buy, particularly cars, so I'll be sure not to get screwed on it.

sorry but need a definition of your parenthesis.

what you need to be looking at is "amount due at signing"

it needs to have your fed cred $7500 plus $1000 loyalty plus any other program that is running at the time.

just to add; this is all after you settle on a negotiated price

When I bought (8/16) my 2015 Nissan Leaf SV and traded in my lease 2012 Leaf, the dealer said I didn't qualify. I email Nissan customer support with both my vin numbers and they called me back saying I did quality for the $1000 rebate. The dealership called me and said they give a check for $1000. If you qualify you should have received flyer from Nissan telling you about the $1000 loyalty Cash offer. After looking in my in letter bin I found the offer from Nissan.

markbb99 said:
When I bought (8/16) my 2015 Nissan Leaf SV and traded in my lease 2012 Leaf, the dealer said I didn't qualify. I email Nissan customer support with both my vin numbers and they called me back saying I did quality for the $1000 rebate. The dealership called me and said they give a check for $1000. If you qualify you should have received flyer from Nissan telling you about the $1000 loyalty Cash offer. After looking in my in letter bin I found the offer from Nissan.

Same here. I told them I would wait in the showroom until they sorted it out and adjusted the price accordingly. it was barely an hour

I have a 2012 MY Leaf SV, which my lease expires in a couple weeks. I have that $1000 LEAF Owner Loyalty Cash. I was trying to read through this thread, and not sure I found the answer I was looking for. Current deals are showing S models for about ~$2000 down and $199/month on a 36 mo lease. Can my Loyalty Cash apply to that $2000 down? Or does it act more like a rebate, skimmed off the vehicle price?
Thanks!

Back