100 Mile Club, 200 km, 300 km, 200 Mile Club (24kWh LEAF)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
111Miles--LowBatt.jpg

111Miles.jpg

Let's see if this works. :?

TonyWilliams said:
It's time to step it up to 200km !!!!

Haha for sure. The real challenge would be to do it in the winter! I hit another 100er on a charge and hadn't hit LBW yet, but use of the heater makes it almost impossible to keep my average above 5miles/kW. Maybe if it stays above 40F for a week, I'll try for 124+ miles on a charge and document it.

TNleaf said:
TonyWilliams said:
It's time to step it up to 200km !!!!

Haha for sure. The real challenge would be to do it in the winter! I hit another 100er on a charge and hadn't hit LBW yet, but use of the heater makes it almost impossible to keep my average above 5miles/kW. Maybe if it stays above 40F for a week, I'll try for 124+ miles on a charge and document it.

I don't think I'm ever going to make it (without a serious dedicated effort). My best long distance run is only 5.3 miles/kWh, so even with high battery temps, and no climate control, I'm still short.

mark13 said:
It amazes me in how many people struggle in just trying to reach 100 miles on a charge,is this on a 80% or 100% charge ?I have never had less then a 100 miles on a charge..11000+ miles 5.9KW/M

LOL Mark, I know. They're struggling to get 100 miles on a 100% charge when we can do it easily with just an 80% charge. I believe Tony started the 'club' because he can't achieve the 5.9m/kW h and higher that it takes to get 100 miles on an 80% and 124 miles on a 100% charge. He knows darn well that the m/kW h on the dash is VERY accurate (x17, x21), but he keeps just talking about the 'GOM' instead. It's obvious that we don't need to 'actually' drive it to prove it and he knows it. :mrgreen:

LEAFfan said:
It's obvious that we don't need to 'actually' drive it to prove it and he knows it. :mrgreen:
Might as well just do it and dispel any vestiges of doubt. :D If 100 miles is too feeble a goal, try for 200 km. That would be cool to read about.

LEAFfan said:
He knows darn well that the m/kW h on the dash is VERY accurate (x17, x21), but he keeps just talking about the 'GOM' instead. It's obvious that we don't need to 'actually' drive it to prove it and he knows it. :mrgreen:

I don't care if you drive it or not, but you must be getting some of our medical ganja over there in Arizona, because I don't ever deal with the GOM. I don't quote it's numbers, and I don't even display it in my car. It's actually covered.

The "very" accurate x17 and x21 is only so near 70F. It decreases significantly below that temperature, and rises somewhat above it.

I don't even know why you keep posing on this thread, except to tell us how easy something is that you've never done. I fully recommend that you skip the easy part, and go straight for a 200km run (but, I'm sure that's "easy", too).

Edit: I think your buddy "mark13" is the guy using the GOM with his 100 mile "all the time" BS. The GOM is a crazy waste of time.

f730e6b0.jpg

LEAFfan said:
mark13 said:
It amazes me in how many people struggle in just trying to reach 100 miles on a charge,is this on a 80% or 100% charge ?I have never had less then a 100 miles on a charge..11000+ miles 5.9KW/M

LOL Mark, I know. They're struggling to get 100 miles on a 100% charge when we can do it easily with just an 80% charge. I believe Tony started the 'club' because he can't achieve the 5.9m/kW h and higher that it takes to get 100 miles on an 80% and 124 miles on a 100% charge. He knows darn well that the m/kW h on the dash is VERY accurate (x17, x21), but he keeps just talking about the 'GOM' instead. It's obvious that we don't need to 'actually' drive it to prove it and he knows it. :mrgreen:

Show it; don't say it. Take a picture of the actual miles on the odometer on one charge, not the GOM.

sorry but either you drove 100 miles on a charge or you didnt. i have had several times when i started out the day at 6.5 miles/kw but simply died later on and its not hard to do. get caught at a few lights on a 40 mph street and that will zap ya. go across town with an elevation gain of 200 feet, that zaps ya again.

ya, i have done SEVERAL 150 mile "half charges" or "quarter charges" but that simply does not count.

now, i do draw the line at circling the block. i did not get a car to save the environment by driving aimlessly to get a goal. now i might do 10-15 miles if i am close or something, but no more than that. twice i did it and once i simply flaked out at 98 miles because i was simply tired of driving nowhere. was kinda stupid in retrospect because i think i added about 10 miles to the 98 and not wanting to wander too far away from home, but anyway.

either you drove 100 miles or you didnt.

DaveinOlyWA said:
sorry but either you drove 100 miles on a charge or you didnt. i have had several times when i started out the day at 6.5 miles/kw but simply died later on and its not hard to do. get caught at a few lights on a 40 mph street and that will zap ya. go across town with an elevation gain of 200 feet, that zaps ya again.

ya, i have done SEVERAL 150 mile "half charges" or "quarter charges" but that simply does not count.

now, i do draw the line at circling the block. i did not get a car to save the environment by driving aimlessly to get a goal. now i might do 10-15 miles if i am close or something, but no more than that. twice i did it and once i simply flaked out at 98 miles because i was simply tired of driving nowhere. was kinda stupid in retrospect because i think i added about 10 miles to the 98 and not wanting to wander too far away from home, but anyway.

+1

DaveinOlyWA said:

My last trip to Long Beach, I was running over 7 miles/kWh for the first 20 miles or so. Ended in the high 5's, though.

i have spreadsheet with daily resets recording mileage, miles/k, charge taken, etc.

if i sort by miles/k high to low, i have 19 times that i averaged 6+ miles/k (all summer btw) but distances runs from 40-60 miles. when i get into the higher distances (have 8 days over 80 under 90 miles) its always 5.5- 5.7 .

but reasons are easy. i live in Lacey with is part of the Olympia area. Olympia surrounds the water. there is also Tumwater. if i travel from Lacey to Tumwater, there is minimal elevation changes. if i go to Olympia, there is that 150-300 foot elevation drop which is great. that means i get 6.5- 7 miles/ k GOING there, but eventually i have to come home that is where i lose the numbers.

now, i guess i could setup a route between Tumwater and Lacey and drive it just for the Hell of it, but i dont feel that getting any performance from your car that is not at least part of a useful day is not really valid.

there were a lot of PC'ers who circled a PARKING lot for several miles just to hit 600 miles or 700 miles on a tank of gas. now, granted once i drove around a bit to pad a tank like 10 miles, well ok. on a 650 mile tank, 10 miles is ok.

but any other thing means nothing. sure its great to say i did 100 miles, but if its not a realistic scenario then it only is fooling myself. sure i drive VERY conservatively. i plan routes that are purposely better at driving a constant speed (not slow mind you, just minimal slowdowns) that might be a bit longer in distance, or slower in getting there, but at least it can be done.

now, i know that if i lived in a predominately flat area i could blow past 100 miles a day easily, but i dont and i am not moving

DaveinOlyWA said:
...now, i know that if i lived in a predominately flat area i could blow past 100 miles a day easily, but i dont and i am not moving

I am much more impressed with the 93 miles of LEAF range I got, (with about 5,000 ft of elevation gain and loss, and half of it on 55 mph highways) taking my LEAF all the way to the VLB warning, than the same distance I did on nearly flat roads, "hypermiling" between Davis and Chico CA, where I arrived with (a scant) 2 bars left.

edatoakrun said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
...now, i know that if i lived in a predominately flat area i could blow past 100 miles a day easily, but i dont and i am not moving

I am much more impressed with the 93 miles of LEAF range I got, (with about 5,000 ft of elevation gain and loss, and half of it on 55 mph highways) taking my LEAF all the way to the VLB warning, than the same distance I did on nearly flat roads, "hypermiling" between Davis and Chico CA, where I arrived with (a scant) 2 bars left.

how you play the descent can be a huge contributing factor. i did 93 miles the other day with temps in the 20's and low 30's. i am MUCH more impressed with that than the 104 miles i did back in Sept (temps in 80's)

Please welcome me to the 200 kilometer club. :cool: 125.4 on a single charge. (Is there any way to switch the odometer to convert these miles into KM?) :?:
1254milesonsinglecharge.jpg

I ran most of the way at 5.9 to 6.0 M/KWh and reached 6.1 eventually. The low battery light came on at 103 miles. Very low battery came on at 114 [it may have been later], and never hit turtle. This was mostly Miami city streets at 30-45 mph.

Carwings says I ranked 122nd in global energy efficiency :D , but 377th in regional energy efficiency. :?

N1ghtrider said:
Please welcome me to the 200 kilometer club. :cool: 125.4 on a single charge. (Is there any way to switch the odometer to convert these miles into KM?)

Welcome indeed, as the first forum participant to achieve this goal. Yes, you can change over to metric in the Nav settings.

Please IM me with your t-shirt size, color request of yellow or blue, and address. I'll send you a complimentary "Love My LEAF" shirt

To change from miles to kilometers on the navigation, use:

Menu
Settings
Others
Language & Units
Select Units (US or Metric)

I ran most of the way at 5.9 to 6.0 M/KWh and reached 6.1 eventually. The low battery light came on at 103 miles. Very low battery came on at 114, and never hit turtle. This was mostly Miami city streets at 30-45 mph.

To my knowledge, you went further than anybody has in VLB. What was the temp? That definitely is a bit odd based on numerous past performances. July 21 and 22 were me. The Edmonds.com run of 135 miles on a test track with multiple drivers only went 10 miles in VLB, but 16 miles LBW to VLB.

For the sake of comparison, I'll assume you were a nanosecond from turtle.

************** 21July11**22July11**12Jan12(you)
Low Battery-----8.6-----13.6----------11
Very Low-------5.5------8.4-----------11.4
Total to Turtle--14.1----22.0----------22.4
Ratio of VLB/LB..63.9%.....61.7%---103.6%

Back