100 Mile Club, 200 km, 300 km, 200 Mile Club (24kWh LEAF)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thefortunes said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Nothing wrong with venting! That get em thinking about a better wheel. As far as t he heat battle have you fried a small 12 volt heafer? Works well for me if iam only one in car. I also ha e heater pad for car that works's ell. Both use hRdly any power
Dave,

Have you been dRin kiNg? Just kidding :lol:

No but my issues are due yup age. I am loading from Droid and have text size to max which means I miss mistakes easily because can only see a few words at atime

GBOT, I've already shown (up to NOV) that I can easily go over 100 miles many times on an 80% charge (6.5-7.1m/kW h). On a 100% charge, 135 miles was easily obtainable. There was no need to wait until the next day to put the over 100 miles on the tripper. This was before Tony's thread so I won't be joining his club. Now, I've decided to drive it at street and freeway speeds, accelerate quickly (such as freeway entry ramps), have more 'races', and it's a lot more fun! :D All the juice for it for three years has already been taken care of, so it's great driving around emissions free for free! And I'm still exceeding Tony's chart! Today, I drove 32 miles at a steady 60mph with temps in the 50s and hit 4.5m/kW h on the dash. The total trip was 75 miles and when I returned, I still had an actual 20% SOC left so if I had chosen to do so, I could easily go another 25 miles driving the city streets. I don't get LBW until 17%. Since I've been making longer trips, I'm charging to 100% and need to be recharged for the next day's driving. I exceeded 1000 miles last month and on pace to exceed that this month. The only time I've ever put 1K miles or more on any car I've had (have had 8 before the LEAF) in a month was when I drove out here from the Midwest fourteen years ago! So congrats to all of you driving 100 miles on a 100% charge! I knew you could to do it! :D Please post when you go 100 miles on an 80% charge. ;)

LEAFfan said:
GBOT, I've already shown (up to NOV) that I can easily go over 100 miles many times on an 80% charge (6.5-7.1m/kW h). On a 100% charge, 135 miles was easily obtainable. There was no need to wait until the next day to put the over 100 miles on the tripper.
LEAFfan, we know you get very high m/kWh numbers, and that's great. You've told us that many times. But have you ever actually driven 100 miles without refueling? I'm sorry, but every time I read one of these posts of yours I find myself mentally editing: [can easily] means [could theoretically] and [was easily] means [in theory ought to be]. Please, prove me wrong.

Ray

LEAFfan said:
And I'm still exceeding Tony's chart! Today, I drove 32 miles at a steady 60mph with temps in the 50s and hit 4.5m/kW h on the dash.

Awesome. Obviously, some parameter has to be different. What's the elevation where you drove? Did you start and stop at the same elevation? (I'm thinking along the line of density altitude efficiencies)

Off topic, Tony, but I drove 70 miles yesterday with at least 50 miles on the freeway mostly at 65 mph (occasionally down to 60 as traffic allowed) and got home about 2 miles after LBW with 4.3 mi/kWh on the dash. Not a 100% charge, though, charged to 80% as usual with 58 minutes of L2 on top of that (anyone verify exact time/energy it takes to go from 80-100%?). Had 12 bars and 2-3 bubbles of regen when leaving, but car hadn't stopped charging yet. Only time I noticed the dash under 4.0 mi/kWh was shortly after getting on the freeway early in the trip and going up a hill.

Obviously I drove a bit farther than expeted, otherwise would have made sure to have gotten a full 100% charge. Estimate maybe another 5-7 miles before turtle so have a ways to go before I can join the 100mi club.

Edit: According to my Blink the top-offcharge from 80% until I stopped it took 58 min / 3.56 kWh and the recharge the next morning back to 80% took 4h 13m / 15.53 kWh so I did 70 miles on 19.09 kWh for 3.67 mi / kWh from the wall which matches nearly exactly with the expected 85% dash reading.

drees said:
Only time I noticed the dash under 4.0 mi/kWh was shorter after getting on the freeway early in the trip and going up a hill.
I don't know how you guys do that. I always start out with m/kWh around 3 or less, and rarely get it up above 4 before traveling 5 miles. Even if I drive extremely gently -- no acceleration bubbles at all -- I can't get it up to 4 for a couple of miles. If I leave home driving "normally", say 3 bubbles, m/kWh kicks on at 2.3.

Yes, I do have a slight rise (about 15 feet) in the first block, and three stop signs whichever way I turn before I get to a major thoroughfare, but that shouldn't be enough to penalize me for miles and miles, should it?

Ray

100 miles... Ain't gonna happen for me during this winter... 82.8 miles/4.6 miles per kwh with 8% left on the SOC meter and minimal heater use... :ugeek:

TangoKilo said:
100 miles... Ain't gonna happen for me during this winter... 82.8 miles/4.6 miles per kwh with 8% left on the SOC meter and minimal heater use... :ugeek:
I tried to repeat yesterday, but I couldn't nudge my energy economy above 4.8mpk. Ambient temps were about 10F lower than the week before.

planet4ever said:
drees said:
Only time I noticed the dash under 4.0 mi/kWh was shorter after getting on the freeway early in the trip and going up a hill.
I don't know how you guys do that. I always start out with m/kWh around 3 or less, and rarely get it up above 4 before traveling 5 miles. Even if I drive extremely gently -- no acceleration bubbles at all -- I can't get it up to 4 for a couple of miles. If I leave home driving "normally", say 3 bubbles, m/kWh kicks on at 2.3.

Yes, I do have a slight rise (about 15 feet) in the first block, and three stop signs whichever way I turn before I get to a major thoroughfare, but that shouldn't be enough to penalize me for miles and miles, should it?
On a full 100% charge it's more difficult for me due to lack of regen, but I do live on a slight hill so it's pretty easy if I have some regen. I'll usually be over 4.0 mi/kWh within 2 blocks of leaving home. Full stops are killer at low speeds - wish roundabouts were more common! My example above did have 3-4 miles of city driving before the freeway where mi/kWh was around 4.5 despite only having 2-3 bubbles of regen available.

If it were easy to keep speeds to 55 mph and under I think that 100 mi shouldn't be difficult to reach as long as it's not too cold and with minimal HVAC.

Who was the first to make 100 miles plus on a charge, when compared to your total miles on your Leaf? Tonight I broke 100 :cool: (102.2 actually), as I hit 455 total miles on the car. My car has had 5 charges, the first by the dealer and 4 by me. I got 93 miles on the first charge, which was my best until tonight's.

I live in South Florida where the ground is totally flat. I used the air conditioning about 30-40 miles of this charge, but it cooled down a couple of days ago into the 60s and 70s, so I was able to turn off the climate control. I always run in ECO, except to show off acceleration to people I take for rides (twice done this charge).

All but about 18 miles of this 102.2 miles was on city streets at about 30-42 mph. I put the rest on the interstate at 45-55 mph.

I reached "low battery" at 94 miles, with 11 miles to go on the gauge. At 8 miles to go (98 on odometer), I hit "very low battery" (the --- signal), so I headed for my neighborhood and drove the last 3.2 miles within a mile of my house.

N1ghtrider said:
I reached "low battery" at 94 miles, with 11 miles to go on the gauge. At 8 miles to go (98 on odometer), I hit "very low battery" (the --- signal), so I headed for my neighborhood and drove the last 3.2 miles within a mile of my house.

That's cutting it close!!! I'll put you in the list. What was your miles/kWh for the trip? All the GuessOmeter range stuff doesn't really provide any useful data.

The next landmark is 200km(124.3 miles). There is only one name on that list!!!

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=154572#p154572" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this is my 1st post in the 100 Mile Club thread, even though it's been running for a while. It took me until today to figure out why I kept passing over it. We are just starting month 10, driving our Leaf (just shy of 10,000 miles). Via careful / anticipatory driving, plus using the basic tricks, we average 5 miles per kWh "at the wall". Have I ever driven over 100 miles unrefueled - un-recharged? From the Laguna Beach fire station, down to Del Mar, then back to Lake Forest (3 or 4 times to date) it's about 102 miles. We have family down there. The guess-O-meter has shown as low a 4 miles remaining, and as high as 12 miles remaining, when we get back to Lake Forest. But if you're lifetime range shows you're consistently achieving 5miles/kWh, and you're not having to hit any hilly terrain ... and your good weather allows you to easily go without climate control ... then you kind of know it should be a no-brainer. So with a 5mpkWh lifetime average - I suppose I technically always go 100 miles per charge (on the average), whether I charge 80% ... or whether I recharge at 20% ... if I'm doing my math right.

What I HAVEN'T been crazy enough to try, is to make it up to Santa Rosa Valley off the 101, just before West Lake Village. It's just under 100 miles ... but there's a few hills in between here and there, that'd certainly be the death nail. After barely making it in turtle mode From Lake Forest to Lytle Creek (63 miles, 4,500 feet +) on a 95 degree / extra windy day - you learn the limits of your lil' toaster.

hill said:
So with a 5mpkWh lifetime average - I suppose I technically always go 100 miles per charge (on the average), whether I charge 80% ... or whether I recharge at 20% ... if I'm doing my math right.

What I HAVEN'T been crazy enough to try, is to make it up to Santa Rosa Valley off the 101, just before West Lake Village. It's just under 100 miles ... but there's a few hills in between here and there, that'd certainly be the death nail. After barely making it in turtle mode From Lake Forest to Lytle Creek (63 miles, 4,500 feet +) on a 95 degree / extra windy day - you learn the limits of your lil' toaster.

Your last paragraph illustrates my point to the whole thread. In a gas car, or a Tesla, actually driving 100 miles requires little thought or planning, and is a routine affair.

All the "technically" woulda / coulda / shoulda doesn't meet the requirement. What if JFK just told the Russians that we were technically able to go to the moon... space race over!!! The Japanese in WW2 should have ended the war because we were technically able to eliminate their whole cities? I'll never crap my pants because I'm technically able to find a crapper? My kid might tell me he's technically able to pass his math test, so studying isn't required... same for taking out the trash.

No, you have to actually DO THE DEED.

111 miles today on a single charge :cool: with 5.9 m/kwh. 50 of those miles were Thursday and Friday and the other 61 today. It was all city streets at 65-75 degrees, no a/c. No hills in Miami for regen. I hit "low battery" at about 102 miles and never hit "very low battery." I will post a picture of the odometer if someone can walk me through how to post it (I am a computer idiot).

It amazes me in how many people struggle in just trying to reach 100 miles on a charge,is this on a 80% or 100% charge ?I have never had less then a 100 miles on a charge..11000+ miles 5.9KW/M

mark13 said:
I have never had less then a 100 miles on a charge..11000+ miles 5.9KW/M

Let me guess... your GuessOmeter predicts 100 miles, because I honestly do not think you've never DRIVEN less than 100 miles. Have you ever DRIVEN over 100 miles unrefueled even once?

mark13 said:
It amazes me in how many people struggle in just trying to reach 100 miles on a charge,is this on a 80% or 100% charge ?I have never had less then a 100 miles on a charge..11000+ miles 5.9KW/M
That is the lowest efficiency I have ever seen... 5.9 KWh just to go one mile? :lol:

N1ghtrider said:
111 miles today on a single charge :cool: with 5.9 m/kwh. 50 of those miles were Thursday and Friday and the other 61 today. It was all city streets at 65-75 degrees, no a/c. No hills in Miami for regen. I hit "low battery" at about 102 miles and never hit "very low battery." I will post a picture of the odometer if someone can walk me through how to post it (I am a computer idiot).

You can post pics through a third party website like http://www.photobucket.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Just upload your photos there, copy the link to your uploaded photo (the link will start with ), then post it here.

Great info on your trip; thanks for not putting in GuessOmeter data. Your data is absolutely textbook! At 5.9 miles/kWh, and 21kWh available at 70F battery temp, sea level, no elevation changes, and no deductions for climate control or headwind, your range was 5.9 * 21 = 123 miles

At Low Battery Warning, you had about 17% battery remaining, or 123 * 0.17 = 21 miles remaining. You needed to drive about 14 more miles to hit Very Low Battery, but you only drove 9. You could have driven 10-12 more miles before it shut down, assuming continued driving at 5.9m/kWh.

My suggestion... Be the first on this forum to go 200 km !!!!! (124.3 miles)

Back