Yearly battery check

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsleaf

How long does the Leaf have to be at the dealer for the yearly battery check? Can I just wait while they do it or do they need it over night? I got my Leaf in August 2012. Are there any software updates I should have them install?

The battery check should only take a few minutes. There is another important update to the software for the battery capacity gauge, which will take an hour or two to complete. Both of these, of course, are done free of charge.

I just dropped my car off and walked next door to the Chevy dealer to look at Volts for a couple of hours while I was having mine done.

It takes about 15 minutes to do the actual test so you can wait for it... Likely time in to time out is more like 90 to 120 minutes including the P3227 program software update....

gsleaf said:
How long does the Leaf have to be at the dealer for the yearly battery check? Can I just wait while they do it or do they need it over night? I got my Leaf in August 2012. Are there any software updates I should have them install?

TomT said:
It takes about 15 minutes to do the actual test so you can wait for it... Likely time in to time out is more like 90 to 120 minutes including the P3227 program software update....

gsleaf said:

Do I have to get the P3227 update? I'd rather not since it seems like it's causing "inconsistent behavior" unless I'm wrong in that assumption.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13273&start=270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think it's mandatory, except for those of us in warm climates who may wish to exercise the warranty to get a new battery.

In a cool climate like Portland, OR, you may be fine without it.

Yeah, I'm leasing and don't currently plan to buy my 2012 (although I'm babying it just in case).

Weatherman said:
I don't think it's mandatory, except for those of us in warm climates who may wish to exercise the warranty to get a new battery.

In a cool climate like Portland, OR, you may be fine without it.

gsleaf said:
Do I have to get the P3227 update? I'd rather not since it seems like it's causing "inconsistent behavior" unless I'm wrong in that assumption.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13273&start=270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The update also fixes compatibility issues with some L2 charging stations. Is it worth taking a chance that you might fry the charger in your Leaf if you connect an L2 on the marginal list? I got the update, didn't see any change in behavior. Go for it.

Stoaty said:
gsleaf said:

The update also fixes compatibility issues with some L2 charging stations. Is it worth taking a chance that you might fry the charger in your Leaf if you connect an L2 on the marginal list? I got the update, didn't see any change in behavior. Go for it.

Okay, I'll give it a try then. Rather not fry it on some random charger.

Yep, I can think of no compelling reason not to. There have not been any long term problems with it of which I am aware and I've had it now for over 6 weeks. The charger compatibility update is probably the biggest reason to get it.

gsleaf said:

Stoaty said:
gsleaf said:

I agree with Stoaty. I did what he did.

Back