Why Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
JPWhite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
(FYI; it used to be display but learned the most effective way to lengthen battery time was turning brightness down when it was not needed. I have it at roughly 25% and only turn it up when outside in Sunshine)

I use adaptive brightness so that it dims/brightens automatically.

ya know I tried that with pretty limited success. granted its all about location but my S 6 is barely 6 months old and I just don't see this phone having an acceptable battery life by the time it hits its first birthday. FYI; first phone ever without a user replaceable battery... HUGE MISTAKE

To overcome to inevitable run down of my phone I have replaced all my charging equipment at work, home and in the car with 2.0 Quickcharge units and apply the ABC's of charging (always be charging). All my micro-USB charge cords are 20AWG to ensure maximum charge rate. If I run the battery down during the day and am away from my desk, the Quickcharge unit in the car quickly recharges the phone, its typically full again when I get home. It typically charges at 2.2 to 2.4 Amps on the way home, whereas before it was always measured in milliamps.

I'm now on my second phone that does not have a replaceable battery (or SD card) Grr......

Just like with the LEAF, frequent rapid charging during the day is required :)

JPWhite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
JPWhite said:
I use adaptive brightness so that it dims/brightens automatically.

ya know I tried that with pretty limited success. granted its all about location but my S 6 is barely 6 months old and I just don't see this phone having an acceptable battery life by the time it hits its first birthday. FYI; first phone ever without a user replaceable battery... HUGE MISTAKE

To overcome to inevitable run down of my phone I have replaced all my charging equipment at work, home and in the car with 2.0 Quickcharge units and apply the ABC's of charging (always be charging). All my micro-USB charge cords are 20AWG to ensure maximum charge rate. If I run the battery down during the day and am away from my desk, the Quickcharge unit in the car quickly recharges the phone, its typically full again when I get home. It typically charges at 2.2 to 2.4 Amps on the way home, whereas before it was always measured in milliamps.

I'm now on my second phone that does not have a replaceable battery (or SD card) Grr......

Just like with the LEAF, frequent rapid charging during the day is required :)

same here. I am lucky in that 95% of my jobs require a laptop plugged into landpower so I have ample opps to grab a boost here and there. now there is a lot of evidence out there that your phone will last longer if you don't charge above 90% or venture below 10%. I have tried to follow that but always charge overnight so its not always possible to avoid the 100% situations

DaveinOlyWA said:
now there is a lot of evidence out there that your phone will last longer if you don't charge above 90% or venture below 10%. I have tried to follow that but always charge overnight so its not always possible to avoid the 100% situations

There is no capacity warranty for phone batteries, but if your battery doesn't hold up to expectations maybe you'll have the opportunity to join a class action lawsuit that will provide a free battery replacement within 1 year or 50,000 SMS messages, whichever comes first. :mrgreen:

JPWhite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
now there is a lot of evidence out there that your phone will last longer if you don't charge above 90% or venture below 10%. I have tried to follow that but always charge overnight so its not always possible to avoid the 100% situations

There is no capacity warranty for phone batteries, but if your battery doesn't hold up to expectations maybe you'll have the opportunity to join a class action lawsuit that will provide a free battery replacement within 1 year or 50,000 SMS messages, whichever comes first. :mrgreen:

yeah that would work but then again, the disclaimers (all 158 pages!) would be a nightmare. I work in VERY populated areas where there is no or very little cell service including places like the Kent Valley where you can go from 4 bars of 4G service to NOTHING in a few feet. Generally the area (on a good day) has 1-2 bars of 3G... Its places like that where I will go from 90% to 20% in a few hours even when the phone is primarily just sitting in my pocket

Back