sudden lurching starts?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copdoc

I still don't have my car, so I'm reading the manual. Came upon this on pg. 32:

"When the vehicle is in the D (drive) position or ECO or R (reverse) position, if you release the brake pedal and do not depress accelerator, the vehicle will creep and may start abruptly. This may cause serious injury or death."

Does this really happen?

P.S. Saw beautiful blue leaf at stoplight of Tryon & Kildare Farm this morning. Great to see in NC!

copdoc said:
I still don't have my car, so I'm reading the manual. Came upon this on pg. 32:

"When the vehicle is in the D (drive) position or ECO or R (reverse) position, if you release the brake pedal and do not depress accelerator, the vehicle will creep and may start abruptly. This may cause serious injury or death."
Creep is the same as any other automatic transmission car. Don't put it in drive while in the garage and then get out and stand in front of the car.

I think the lawyers made them say this. It does creep...this is a good way to proceed slowly...but you know some people just don't get it: "The car lurched forward, and crashed into the wall! All by itself!"

I've also somehow survived all the ways my Prius has tried to kill me :D

its no different than any other automatic set to drive that i have ever seen with the exception of mid 80's Dodges with their "worse than pathetic" emission controls that would get messed up causing the idle to jack up so high that they would get up to 20 mph in idle!

Back