2011 Nissan LEAF™ Features and Specifications

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way that site has listed features, it would be difficult to paste it well. One way might be to format it using a text editor (like notepad, using only spaces, no tab). Paste that into the post and use
Code:
[code]
[/code] around the text.

OT -

Steven -

Your dealership has a big banner hanging on it that says "Lifetime Warranty - New and Hand Selected Used".

Can you give us details of the lifetime warranty you are offering on the Leaf? It might attract a lot of interest.

LakeLeaf said:
OT -

Steven -

Your dealership has a big banner hanging on it that says "Lifetime Warranty - New and Hand Selected Used".

Can you give us details of the lifetime warranty you are offering on the Leaf? It might attract a lot of interest.

On all of our new vehicles we give our customers lifetime powertrain warranties w/ lifetime roadside assistance and towing. We haven't figured out exactly what we are going to cover on the leaf yet??

JasonT said:
I didn't bother going through sbgarcia's post - the formatting was too weird, and it didn't look like there really was any new information.
Randy said:
Easy Fill Tire Alert
The hazard lights flash at the start of tire inflation. When the correct pressure is reached, the horn sounds.
I find this particular feature to be suspect. For example, this is taken from the Leaf Owner's manual talking about TPMS
The low tire pressure warning light does not automatically turn off when the tire pressure is adjusted. After the tire is inflated to the recommended pressure, the vehicle must be driven at speeds above 16 MPH (25 km/h) to activate the TPMS and turn off the low tire pressure warning light. Use a tire pressure gauge to check the tire pressure.
If there was this "Easy Fill", you wouldn't need to go above 16mph for the system to check the pressure, and it would mention it here instead of telling you to use a tire pressure gauge. There is also no mention of "Easy Fill" anywhere in the Owner's Manual.

The first situation with the horn beep "sounds" like a direct TPMS system, while the second, requiring the wheel to spin to 16MPH sounds like an indirect TPMS system. (Direct TPMS directly measures the pressure inside the tire, while the second measures the rotational speed/acceleration of the tire to determine if the tire is at the right pressure.) I think we discussed which was in the Leaf, but never got any official confirmation. Of course - it could also be that the car was designed initially with one and later changed to the other.

sbgarcia said:
LakeLeaf said:
OT -

Steven -

On all of our new vehicles we give our customers lifetime powertrain warranties w/ lifetime roadside assistance and towing. We haven't figured out exactly what we are going to cover on the leaf yet??

Well, a lifetime warranty on the electric engine and the regeneration hardware, and a lifetime warranty on the battery capacity would get you a lot of customers. :!:

LakeLeaf said:
sbgarcia said:
LakeLeaf said:
OT -

Steven -

Well, a lifetime warranty on the electric engine and the regeneration hardware, and a lifetime warranty on the battery capacity would get you a lot of customers. :!:

I doubt that it would cover all of that, but that would be nice.

sbgarcia said:
garygid said:
No, jpg is not the best, because it cannot be searched.

However, it was primarily the meaning of the "S" or "S S" that was unclear, but I see, from the original, what those mean now.

Thanks for trying to help.

Some here are a bit too quick to "jump on" new members.

So should I just paste it back?
It would take many hours of editing to get it all "fixed".
So, yes, my opinion is just paste it all back in. I found it very helpful.

Users should realize that there still might be some "mistakes" in it. Not all information from a Nissan web site (or any other) is exactly correct, fully complete, or totally up to date.

If somebody else gets a version that will paste in better, they could email it to you and you could remove the old and paste in the new.

Cheers, Gary

From the service manual, section WT:

inflation_indicator.jpg

AndyH said:
From the service manual, section WT
Andy, thanks for the confirmation on this. Although I did not make any direct accusations, I would like to apologize to sbgarcia. He/she was right.

This now makes me wonder what other features the car has that we don't know about!

JasonT said:
AndyH said:
From the service manual, section WT
Andy, thanks for the confirmation on this. Although I did not make any direct accusations, I would like to apologize to sbgarcia. He/she was right.

This now makes me wonder what other features the car has that we don't know about!

He.... and thank you

I pretty much know what every button in the car does so if you have any questions ask away. I don't want to mention anything that may have been covered elsewhere as I can see how upset it makes some people.

There are some folks that at first appear a bit "gruff", but they too, are usually just trying to help. We can still benefit from their experience, perceptions, and from what they have to say.

We will benefit more easily if we learn to not take their chosen verbage too personally. Perhaps think of it as a slightly different language.

Glad to help, gents. This car's got all kinds of things happening. I really like the speed sensing volume control adjustments!...or, er, I will when I get my car... :?

It's been a curse having these blasted manuals - I really need to get some work done...and some sleep. :lol:

garygid said:
There are some folks that at first appear a bit "gruff", but they too, are usually just trying to help. We can still benefit from their experience, perceptions, and from what they have to say.

We will benefit more easily if we learn to not take their chosen verbage too personally. Perhaps think of it as a slightly different language.

Thank you, I was getting a little upset myself. I am 24 years old and I am a manager for my dealership and I have been in the military for almost 8 years. I try to be a help to everyone and I hate the reputation that the auto industry has created for everyone that is in the car business.

Back