SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on Saturday's meeting--the library does not allow food inside the building. I'm still game to pick up some bagels and coffee, so maybe we can have the first ever LEAF tailgate party? Or would we call it something else? :lol: That being the case, we could meet in the parking lot at 8 or 8:30 for coffee and meeting room set-up, then migrate inside around 9 or 9:15. We would just need to be self policing in the lot. Please indicate your interest in starting earlier than 9 with this activity. If there is sufficient interest, I'll bring a card table for setting up early. It's going to be a close call on whether it'll be the LEAF.

hmmmm...I need to learn how to set up a poll here at MNL forum...

gascant said:
Update on Saturday's meeting--the library does not allow food inside the building. I'm still game to pick up some bagels and coffee, so maybe we can have the first ever LEAF tailgate party? Or would we call it something else? :lol: That being the case, we could meet in the parking lot at 8 or 8:30 for coffee and meeting room set-up, then migrate inside around 9 or 9:15. We would just need to be self policing in the lot. Please indicate your interest in starting earlier than 9 with this activity. If there is sufficient interest, I'll bring a card table for setting up early. It's going to be a close call on whether it'll be the LEAF.

hmmmm...I need to learn how to set up a poll here at MNL forum...

Yahoo weather indicates the temperature on Saturday 5/14 will be cool, 59F is the high. Coffee sounds good for the outside activities. Staring at 830 AM works for me, and I can bring a card table if needed. Let me know how I can help. See you all at the meeting.

I'm reading this thread to say that the meeting proper still won't start until 9, but that pre-meeting food, etc. is likely to be more like 8:30. That works for me.

I'm looking forward to my first meeting. I'm assuming that it's open to those, like me, who have just gotten pregnant with LEAF, but haven't yet been delivered.

oakwcj said:
I'm looking forward to my first meeting. I'm assuming that it's open to those, like me, who have just gotten pregnant with LEAF, but haven't yet been delivered.
That's re-assuring - my doc tells me I weigh too much but now I know it's just a LEAF in the Oven. I think I'm getting morning sickness over the delivery, at least if checking the dashboard 10 times each morning expecting it to change is a sickness!! ;) :eek:

oakwcj said:

Of course it's open to all that are expecting, and we won't even make you pee on a stick to prove it! :lol:

gudy said:
Could someone post the exact address ?

gudy, you didn't want to wade all the way back to page 4 of this thread?? ;)

Newark Public Library
6300 Civic Terrace Avenue
Newark, CA 94560-3766
(510) 795-2627

Howard, it would probably be best if you edited the first post.

Bill

Electric4Me said:
Howard, it would probably be best if you edited the first post.
Bill
Done. The tailgate on my silver LEAF will go up just before 8:30 AM (assuming delivery goes as scheduled on the 13th). Anyone is welcome to come a few minutes early for set up. The inside meeting will start at 9.

I was at the library again tonight to pick up the key--as you drive up, veer off to the right and there should be plenty of parking spaces for forming a cluster.

Does anyone want to carpool to the gathering from Mountain View or Sunnyvale? I'm about a half mile from 237 and El Camino. Feel free to PM me (my schedule is flexible). I don't have a Leaf yet but can offer a ride in a Prius (or I would be glad to get a ride in a Leaf).

- Dave

EVSE status update:

There has been surprising interest in EVSE exchange and purchase at the meeting, and this coupled with the national backorder on units from Nissan is probably going to mean we run out at the meeting. (I guess we have purchased all they had in the US!)

Unfortunately as of right now we currently have more orders for new units than we have stock for, so I will be unable fill any additional new orders at the meeting.

Looks like I may have around 5 units to swap for "instant upgrade" however.

I cannot "reserve" anything for anyone, and in order to obtain a swap unit, you must have your signed release a printed copy of your receipt, and your EVSE must be in great condition. In the event you don't meet these requirements, or we run out, we can still accept your unit for upgrade, and send it out monday.

Please don't PM me about any of this, I do not answer PM's pertaining to EVSE business. You can contact customer service by using the form on the website.

See you at the meeting!

-Phil

Back