SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I think I should be able to make this as it looks like I will get my car in the next 10 days.

It will be my first long trip as one way shows up as 30.2 miles on Google Maps.

Now if only the contractor will call me about installing the Blink I will be all set.

I may try to box up the 120v charger with all the paper work and give it to Phil if that is possible since I have already prepaid for the upgrade. ;)

Turbo3 said:
Ok, I think I should be able to make this as it looks like I will get my car in the next 10 days.

Now if only the contractor will call me about installing the Blink I will be all set.

I may try to box up the 120v charger with all the paper work and give it to Phil if that is possible since I have already prepaid for the upgrade. ;)
I'm just about the same distance away, but with a big hill on my way home (I live at 2200'). I hope to be able to make the drive, but first I need the car or the point is moot.

Turbo3 said:
Could be the same for me--similar VIN number and it's 29 mi one way for me.

I'm showing delivery 'week of May 9' (no Blink install yet, though) and have a conflict with the 5/14 date - so may not make this gathering - will try next time...have a good meetup!
RickJ
hmmm.....update - should have the car by then (but sadly, no charger !) - see you all there!!!!

Hi folks,

I just joined the BayLeafers email alias today. I live in Santa Cruz, so this would be a 50mile trip (one way), with a 2000ft hill in the way.

I commute to North San Jose -- about 38 miles one way, and it takes up 55-60% of my battery pack, so the extra 12 miles would burn another 20%. So, I'm guessing I'll have only 20-25% charge left when I arrive in Newark.

Hmmm -- I might need to use a gasoline vehicle just to attend this :) Unless someone has worked out how to quick charge from LEAF->LEAF ??

I've got about 950 miles on my LEAF now delivered April 2 (well -- it was operational from April 6). VIN 716.

Charging with an L1/L2 mod EVSE. I installed a L6-20R outlet on the wall, and I've been very happy with this approach :)

Michael

ps -- I might have missed it earlier in the thread -- what TIME are we meeting on the 14th??

Welcome Michael!

Your best bet would be to hook up with someone in South SJ and carpool with them in their car. You are welcome to plug into my AV EVSE during or after the event (~5 surface street miles) during or after the event. The Nissan dealership is even closer...

Edit: the time is 9:00-10:30.

Count me in for the meeting on May 14 - coming from Santa Clara - so no range anxiety here.
Like Turbo3 I'm also still waiting for a call from the installer for my eTec EVSE
I just spoke to the BLINK network support and installation delays are due to contractors getting
a sudden burst in demand for BLINK station installs in the Bay Area.
I pick up my new LEAF this Saturday May 7 :p

Electric4Me said:
Welcome Michael!

Your best bet would be to hook up with someone in South SJ and carpool with them in their car. You are welcome to plug into my AV EVSE during or after the event (~5 surface street miles) during or after the event. The Nissan dealership is even closer...

Edit: the time is 9:00-10:30.

If you can't find a convenient charging point between Santa Cruz and Newark , I can offer my L2, a bit off the beaten track to the meeting. I live in Cupertino, but this could be an option Plan B or C. I plan to drive my LEAF to the meeting.

I would hate to see you miss the meeting because your LEAF is a few electrons short.

miku said:
Hi folks,
I just joined the BayLeafers email alias today. I live in Santa Cruz, so this would be a 50mile trip (one way), with a 2000ft hill in the way.

There are four Coulomb chargers at 85 and Winchester (2 240V at Coulomb head quarter) and at Netflix (2 120V). Coulomb just installed one charger in Scott Valley and 3 in Santa Cruz. You will need ChargePass card to use it. Rumors has it that there will be *free* ChargePass cards passing out at the meet. Oh, if you want to hang out in Redwood City, there are 4 240V chargers there.

waidy said:
miku said:
Hi folks,

There are four Coulomb chargers at 85 and Winchester (2 240V at Coulomb head quarter) and at Netflix (2 120V). Coulomb just installed one charger in Scott Valley and 3 in Santa Cruz. You will need ChargePass card to use it. Rumors has it that there will be *free* ChargePass cards passing out at the meet. Oh, if you want to hang out in Redwood City, there are 4 240V chargers there.

The NetFlix ones are in a private garage, didn't try to enter to check them out.

There are two stations at the Coulomb HQ. One is J1772 only and located in front of the building (and there is only room for one car), the second is J1772 and a 5-15R and to the right as you face the building.

This as of 2 weeks ago when we drove over just to check them out.

Carl

For those coming from Gilroy and Santa Cruz I can provide stations for two cars (a std L1 and a modified L1/L2, 220v L6-20R). I'm near the intersection of McKean Rd and Harry in San Jose. This might be more convenient for the South Country folks.

Carl

Update: I've been in the same place for 20 years and still can't get the street name correct. It's Harry. Just follow Almaden Expressway to the southern end, you'll find it.

miku said:
Hi folks,

Michael
ps -- I might have missed it earlier in the thread -- what TIME are we meeting on the 14th??
It's great to see people coming together to help fellow BayLEAFs get to and from the meetings. Looks like we have you in Santa Cruz and earther in Gilroy. My house is on the way for both and I have had an L2 EVSE since November that has never been used. Carpooling and charging are both options. While I'm not on PlugShare (because I don't have an iPhone), I offer my L2 to anyone from the south for whom Newark is a stretch.

And Bill is right about the time. We have the meeting room booked from 9-10:30 but I'll arrive early to set up. For the first two meetings, our inside activities lasted no longer than 1:15 before people got anxious to go out to the parking lot for some healthy oggling. The parking lot is amenable to a LEAF cluster, so I imagine the outside activity will go for a couple hours.

Should I try to organize some food/coffee?

Electric4Me said:
That would be great! My vote is for some carry-out Peets and some bagels! Of course I'll pitch in when I get there... :D

Count me in. I will try and leave a bit early from home to help set up at the library, if necessary.

Hello everyone. I just took delivery of my LEAF yesterday and would love to attend the #3 meeting in Newark. It should be interesting to meet current and future LEAF owners! Do I need to sign up or just show up? Premier Nissan off Automall Parkway in Fremont have chargers available for range-challenged LEAFs.

This is a great example of how we have to cope with different challenges... Imagine if we had to map out a route to find "rare" gas stations on a drive every time :)

I've been using the Coulomb chargers downtown in Santa Cruz. The Scotts Valley one is at ZERO Motorcycles. SC city is going to upgrade their inductive chargers in the Soquel/Front parking station -- free parking for EVs downtown (station and on the street).

The Netflix ones are marked as "private use only", but I've never tested it. I notice they often have vehicles attached.

I really appreciate everyone's offer of assistance. It makes most sense for me to meet someone in Cupertino/Los Gatos area, park my car for a charge, and carpool in from there. I'll reach out via PM. SInce I have to cross the Santa Cruz Mountains, every mile beyond 70 roundtrip means I *have* to get a charge.

My wife saw another LEAF on the road here in Santa Cruz last week. Not sure who that is. We got our plates yesterday! Waiting on HOV and parking stickers.

EDIT -- I also don't have an iPhone -- been on BlackBerry for ages. I'm on Sprint, and don't want to change carrier, so I guess I should go Android for my next phone. Selection is very poor with Sprint.

Cheers
Michael

miku said:
My wife saw another LEAF on the road here in Santa Cruz last week. Not sure who that is. We got our plates yesterday! Waiting on HOV and parking stickers.
If it was Saturday, Apr 30, and a Blue LEAF in the general area of Hwy 1/Mission/Chestnut it may have been me.

Back