SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to be a lot of concern about priority. Here's how we will do it: People with the oldest invoice date (that paid first) will get first crack. Note that if you are not there when we sort through this, you will lose your position!

For the good of the community, I'd also like to ask that people not in immediate need (don't have L2 yet at home) give up their position to someone in need if it arises. Some people are in a 120v-only situation because Ecotality hasn't showed up, etc. We should help these people out! Anyone that does this will get free pigtails from me.

At least one person has offered to swap his already-upgraded EVSE to a LEAFer in need. I'll take any swapped units like this and get them shipped back upgraded with free pigtails.

-Phil

On behalf of anyone else who (like me) is "slumming it" with a trickle charger, thanks!

In order to ensure I can even make it to Newark tomorrow, I need to be extra careful today about not driving too far (or more likely, too fast, or giving too many demo rides at work) today so I can manage to get a full (if slow) charge tonight. :)

--Steve

I won't be making it tomorrow.

After an extended wait for the car, I am now still waiting for the one-payment lease contract to be prepared (play theme to twilight zone)...

Phil, I hope to be swapping my EVSE with you soon. Sounds like you'll have a few in inventory for upgrade after tomorrow.

lemketron said:
On behalf of anyone else who (like me) is "slumming it" with a trickle charger, thanks!

In order to ensure I can even make it to Newark tomorrow, I need to be extra careful today about not driving too far (or more likely, too fast, or giving too many demo rides at work) today so I can manage to get a full (if slow) charge tonight. :)

--Steve

you can stop by my place in Mountain View and charge there if you want, and we can carpool. or you can stop there and charge in the morning, and then on your way back ...

gudy said:
you can stop by my place in Mountain View and charge there if you want, and we can carpool. or you can stop there and charge in the morning, and then on your way back ...
I should be ok... (says the naive new LEAF owner). It's 30 miles each way.
Actually, I suspect there could be a problem if I end up giving any rides while I'm there.
Perhaps we should hold these gatherings where there are L2 EVSE units available (like a dealership willing to let us charge)? Or find one of those Nissan trucks that has a bunch of chargers on the back (from the Drive Event)? ;)

lemketron said:
gudy said:
Actually, I suspect there could be a problem if I end up giving any rides while I'm there.
Perhaps we should hold these gatherings where there are L2 EVSE units available (like a dealership willing to let us charge)? Or find one of those Nissan trucks that has a bunch of chargers on the back (from the Drive Event)? ;)
Urgh!! Burning diesel in a generator to charge your LEAF. Might as well take the Prius instead, much, much cleaner than a generator. Besides, you don't want to pay the bill for renting that generator! Since we'll have multiple LEAFs at the meeting anyway, carpooling with another LEAFer who's located along the way to the meeting is a great option and good conversation also - unless your accomplished at talking to yourself while driving solo! ;)

[/quote]Urgh!! Burning diesel in a generator to charge your LEAF. Might as well take the Prius instead, much, much cleaner than a generator. Besides, you don't want to pay the bill for renting that generator! Since we'll have multiple LEAFs at the meeting anyway, carpooling with another LEAFer who's located along the way to the meeting is a great option and good conversation also - unless your accomplished at talking to yourself while driving solo! ;)[/quote]
I'm already picking up a LEAFer-to-be on my way, but am determined to make it there and back in my solar-powered LEAF.

lemketron said:
gudy said:
hmmmm...if you're not OK with 60 miles RT then Nissan has some 'splainin' to do. I just picked mine up today and, after 35 miles, still had 60% charge left. I'll have less than 100 miles on the odometer when I arrive at the library tomorrow, but I bet gudy will take top prize for highest mileage.

Wow, so how many LEAFs are we going to have there?
Has anyone posted anything beyond MNL.com, like on Twitter?
Are we interested in having the general LEAF-curious public showing up?
Should someone call the news media?
We could all sit in the parking lot and "rev" our silent cars... have silent drag races... or... something. :)

lemketron said:
Wow, so how many LEAFs are we going to have there?
Has anyone posted anything beyond MNL.com, like on Twitter?
Are we interested in having the general LEAF-curious public showing up?
Should someone call the news media?
We could all sit in the parking lot and "rev" our silent cars... have silent drag races... or... something. :)
I'm guessing there will be 15 LEAFs there more or less, with 20-40 (future) owners.
I'm not on Twitter so I haven't been tweeting anything, or posting on facebook (tho we might want to start a page?).
I called the press for the last one but nobody was interested in showing up. Apparently not yet enough in vogue but we'll see if we can get a big enough crowd to draw some attention for the future.
If you've seen Electric4Me's video of the J-turn in the LEAF, you know that parking lot activities in LEAFs are not silent, :lol:

This meeting is so perfect for me. I still wish I can make it. Just back after a ling night so hopefully I can make it while the rest including visiting relative sleep.

Oh while u guys are there can those who have a red leaf get a consensus on what color we oakle seat cover will work with the interior and exterior? Not sure how many of u have signed up for group purchase but the disucssion would help.

csriram45 said:
Oh while u guys are there can those who have a red leaf get a consensus on what color we oakle seat cover will work with the interior and exterior? Not sure how many of u have signed up for group purchase but the disucssion would help.
We'll get it on the agenda, Sam. Good thing I couldn't sleep tonight :p Too much excitement today.

Just picked up my baby on Friday and I'm excited to be able to participate as one of the Leaf owners. :D

I don't have anything to contribute this meeting (I'll shove a supply of bottled water in the trunk just in case), hopefully I'll be more prepared next time.

edatoakrun said:
After an extended wait for the car, I am now still waiting for the one-payment lease contract to be prepared (play theme to twilight zone)...

I would be very interested in learning the terms of this "one payment lease", if you are willing to share.

All charged and ready to go. Have 68.1 miles total and took 8.14 kWh last night for 100% charge (120v Killawatt meter reading) for the driving we did Friday. Will be over 60 mile round trip so I will be almost doubling my milage for this event.

Great BayLEAFs gathering.
22 or 23 Leafs... couldn't keep track of the count.
Never seen so many leafs in one place. Maybe I'll have mine by next meeting.

Thanks gascant and everyone who helped!

BayLEAF%20meeting%205-14-11%20b.JPG

Back