SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping to be able to make it as well and bring my Leaf :). Will Phil be carrying his modified EVSE for purchase? Looks like I missed the fact that the price was going up. Had a sprinkler system emergency so wasn't following all threads. :-(

gascant said:
Distances from selected cities are:

Gilroy, 50 mi (sorry Steve, but we can carpool)

If anyone coming from further away, like Gilroy, would like to plug in at my house during (or after) the event, no problem. If during, of course you can ride to the event with me.

I'm working on a project for the Leaf that I hope to have finished (or at least prototyped) by the 14th. I'm mentioning it here to help motivate me to get it done!

Bill

Ingineer said:
Spies said:
Phil, if you make it to the meeting could you bring some of those L6-20R pigtails for making adapters with you as well?

Will do!

-Phil

Phil,
If we intend to buy from you on the 14th, would it be easier for you if we pre-paid, or brought cash, or...

Bill

Electric4Me said:
Phil,
If we intend to buy from you on the 14th, would it be easier for you if we pre-paid, or brought cash, or...

Bill

Hi Bill,

You can either pre-pay via PayPal (or with a credit card), or bring cash. We cannot accept a personal check however.

If you would like to prepay, let me know and I'll send you an invoice. In the event somehow you (or I) don't make it, or there isn't enough product available, we will refund 100% of your money.

-Phil

Electric4Me said:
I'm working on a project for the Leaf that I hope to have finished (or at least prototyped) by the 14th. I'm mentioning it here to help motivate me to get it done!

Is your Leaf project something you want to share with others at the meeting?
I plan to be at the meeting in my Leaf.

linkim said:
Electric4Me said:

Is your Leaf project something you want to share with others at the meeting?
I plan to be at the meeting in my Leaf.

Yes, that is my goal. Opinions will be very polar about it! :lol:

linkim said:
Great! Look forward to seeing another idea for the Leaf.

so, here's my creative contribution:
I think it would be cool to have as an accessory a FAKE tailpipe coming out the back of the car, but with plastic flowers sticking out of it. (or, if we really wanted to get fancy, a button the driver could push that makes bubbles come out of the "tailpipe").

-Steve

earther said:
(or, if we really wanted to get fancy, a button the driver could push that makes bubbles come out of the "tailpipe").

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/06/_bloom_bicycle_attachment_seeds_the_world_with_pedal_power_bubbles_-2/
June%2018th%20-%20Bloom2.img_assist_custom.jpg

http://inventorspot.com/articles/making_the_environment_greener_with_seed_bubbles_14612

Hi Phil, I got my L1/L2 mod today. Thank you so much.

I am wondering whether you are selling the "danger/high voltage" sign (the one said you will die painfully, or something like that). If you do, would you bring them to the meeting? How much are you selling them? I might want several because I have a Avcon converter box which I used to charge my LEAF (there are lots of Avcon chargers everywhere). I want to put the signs there so no one will steal it :)

waidy said:
Hi Phil, I got my L1/L2 mod today. Thank you so much.

I am wondering whether you are selling the "danger/high voltage" sign (the one said you will die painfully, or something like that). If you do, would you bring them to the meeting? How much are you selling them? I might want several because I have a Avcon converter box which I used to charge my LEAF (there are lots of Avcon chargers everywhere). I want to put the signs there so no one will steal it :)

This one?

pic

You are welcome to use the image as long as you use it for non-commercial use, and properly attribute credit.

I don't have a good-quality color printer, but I'll see if I can get it printed somewhere before the meeting.

-Phil

Yes. This is the one. It's for personal use, won't be for commercial. I want 6: one for the Avcon box, one for the "14-50-to-J1772" cable, one for the bag which holds this setup, one for the L1/L2 module, two for each of the pig tails I brought from you, one for spare. Thank you so much in advance.

Electric4Me said:
Bill
Go for it, Bill! The guest speaker slot may be open and, judging by the healthy dialog here, we might just let things stay informal this time around (though I'm still working to secure someone--at least I am able to borrow a projector). Comments welcomed.

gascant said:
Go for it, Bill! The guest speaker slot may be open and, judging by the healthy dialog here, we might just let things stay informal this time around (though I'm still working to secure someone--at least I am able to borrow a projector). Comments welcomed.

Worst case we can entertain ourselves with a few electric J-turns... :lol:

Electric4Me said:
gascant said:

Worst case we can entertain ourselves with a few electric J-turns... :lol:
LOL, yep!! The parking lot at the library is just about big enough ;)

Phil,
To help you gauge demand, I will be at the May 14th gathering and I would like to come home an upgraded charger. I would like to prepay but I am not sure how to proceed since I cannot send mine to you ahead of time. Would I pay for the upgrade or would I have to pay the "advanced" option as well?
Thanks.

Back