SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gascant-

I believe everyone was listening to the conversation in the back row :cool: This was the best meeting so far :mrgreen:

I tend not to crank my neck at 90+ degrees and just listen without visual of the back row.

And yes.......coffee......coffee......coffee :)

gasmiser1 said:
gascant-

I believe everyone was listening to the conversation in the back row :cool: This was the best meeting so far :mrgreen:

I tend not to crank my neck at 90+ degrees and just listen without visual of the back row.

And yes.......coffee......coffee......coffee :)
Yes, I just think it was the moment--at first I thought it was everyone waiting around for things to start but then I realized there was someone in the back row making a point. I think we'll go 2 hours in the next one.

gascant said:
jackal said:
Hi all!
It was my 1st leaf meeting and I absolutely love the atmosphere and camaraderie!
Here's another photo of Gathering #4, courtesy of Marc Geller from Plug In America. I think this shows the camaraderie mentioned in the quote--6 LEAFs charging with a few onlookers, all the while in the shelter of Luscious Garage. It was quite the LEAF ballet!
bayleafs060411a.jpg

Do I need to bring "super strength" coffee to the next gathering? Actually the discussion is focused on the back row and was quite animated. Maybe next time we should get a group photo. I'll bring a tripod.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've searched online for info on the SF BayLeafs and can't find a website or any information. Could somebody direct me to more info? How to join, next meeting...

hatuey said:
Forgive my ignorance, but I've searched online for info on the SF BayLeafs and can't find a website or any information. Could somebody direct me to more info? How to join, next meeting...
Unfortunately, it's just this thread we're in and a super-secret mailing list ;-)
You seem like an okay guy... here's the mailing list page where you can subscribe, don't tell anyone! ;-)
http://mindfart.com/lists/listinfo/bayleafs

I think the mailing list format is less than ideal -- and it's only really meant for announcements as any discussions worthwhile for the broader LEAF owner community should be in this forum. I suppose we don't want to have a separate section in this forum for each and every local owners community as that would get out-of-hand.

Christopher said:
hatuey said:
Unfortunately, it's just this thread we're in and a super-secret mailing list ;-)
You seem like an okay guy... here's the mailing list page where you can subscribe, don't tell anyone! ;-)
http://mindfart.com/lists/listinfo/bayleafs

I think the mailing list format is less than ideal -- and it's only really meant for announcements as any discussions worthwhile for the broader LEAF owner community should be in this forum. I suppose we don't want to have a separate section in this forum for each and every local owners community as that would get out-of-hand.
I think the forum moderators (or elders?) would be OK if we wanted to start a separate thread for SF BayLEAFs Discussion, and keep this one to just talking about meetings. LA/SoCal has that sort of arrangement. I like the idea of keeping it low key for now--that way we don't have to pay dues :lol:

There is also a SF BayLEAFs page at Facebook.

gascant said:
Oh, you mean on that large, private, cordoned-off section of the internet? No wonder "SF Bayleafs" doesn't show up on a web search. (Yeah, I don't like Facebook -- can you tell?) ;-)

For Gathering #5, we will return to the South Bay. Thanks to a future BayLEAF/LEAF owner (who is a coworker of a member), we have secured a spot on the Hewlett Packard campus in Cupertino. The address is
Oak Room, Bldg 48
19091 Pruneridge Avenue
Cupertino, CA 95014

Directions will follow as we get closer to the meeting. Limited charging through outlets (120 and 240) will be available so bring your modified L1 EVSE's. We have the room from 9-12. If everyone likes the "tailgate party" format, we can gather around 8:30 and work our way inside. This may be our only chance to meet at this facility as HP plans to vacate it in the Fall. We are working to secure a future South Bay home.

The agenda is still open, though there were several suggestions at Gathering #4 for a focused LEAF meeting. Please contribute your suggestions so I can line up people (or maybe you'll volunteer). I'd like to start the list with three items:
Carwings Demo (how to do feeds, send maps, and make it useful--need volunteer! (I'll provide the laptop so it can be live)
PV to EV (experiences in LEAF energy consumption and how to lessen the utility bill)
Accessories and Mods (need volunteers!)

Approximate Distances to HP Cupertino:
Santa Cruz: 33 mi
Gilroy: 40 mi
Hayward: 33 mi
Berkeley Bowl West: 52 mi
Golden Gate Park: 47 mi
Foster City: 27 mi
Redwood City: 22 mi
Mountain View and Sunnyvale: Spittin' distance

As a side note, our 25-LEAF show at Gathering #3 is no longer a North American record--at the unveiling of the public Ecotality charge stations in San Diego, there were 50+ LEAFs in attendance. Mike Walsh posted a photo on the Nissan LEAF Facebook page.

Since that is local for me, if anyone coming from a greater distance needs to charge while at the meeting I offer:
1. You can charge in my garage and I'll drive you to the meeting and back - but so far I only have Level 1 charging
2. If you arrange for charging at some other local spot to get Level 2, such as Sunnyvale Nissan or Stevens Creek Nissan, I will pick you up there and drive you to the meeting.
3. This offer is only good on a first come first serve basis for one person. I'm not driving all over picking up multiple people.

If you're interested, contact me by pm on this forum.

ok July 9th. Seems like I will finally be able to attend one.. but hey.. let me not speak too early. Have been jinxed for all the previous meetings.

OrientExpress said:

Not having any luck finding this group on Facebook. What is the exact spelling?
It's actually called "Bay Area LEAF Enthusiasts." My mistake. Should be there.

csriram45 said:
ok July 9th. Seems like I will finally be able to attend one.. but hey.. let me not speak too early. Have been jinxed for all the previous meetings.
LOL Sam, well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can make this one. Have been looking forward to meeting you. The ones following are August 13, September 10, and October 1st (joint with GG EVA in SF).

Two items I would like to see discussed at Gathering #5:
1. The charging timer software, with a start and stop time, does not allow you to block out peak hours. For example, if peak hours are 12noon to 6PM, you cannot insert a 6PM start time and still be able to charge before 12noon. Or, if you select start at midnight and end at noon, you will not be able to charge from 6PM to midnight! The timer software should allow you to apply a charge/no-charge schedule to each hour and apply that schedule to selected days of the week.

2. Range change with ventilation system on. Is it accurate? If so, why is the displayed range decrease the same for any vent fan setting and whether or not AC is on?

gascant said:
For Gathering #5, we will return to the South Bay. Thanks to a future BayLEAF/LEAF owner (who is a coworker of a member), we have secured a spot on the Hewlett Packard campus in Cupertino. The address is
Oak Room, Bldg 48
19091 Pruneridge Avenue
Cupertino, CA 95014

Directions will follow as we get closer to the meeting. Limited charging through outlets (120 and 240) will be available so bring your modified L1 EVSE's. We have the room from 9-12. If everyone likes the "tailgate party" format, we can gather around 8:30 and work our way inside. This may be our only chance to meet at this facility as HP plans to vacate it in the Fall. We are working to secure a future South Bay home.

The agenda is still open, though there were several suggestions at Gathering #4 for a focused LEAF meeting. Please contribute your suggestions so I can line up people (or maybe you'll volunteer). I'd like to start the list with three items:
Carwings Demo (how to do feeds, send maps, and make it useful--need volunteer! (I'll provide the laptop so it can be live)
PV to EV (experiences in LEAF energy consumption and how to lessen the utility bill)
Accessories and Mods (need volunteers!)

I have a taker for the ride from a charging station, so that offer is now gone.

For the agenda, since I don't have my Blink unit in yet I would be interested in anyone knowledgeable sharing tips or things to avoid with the Blink/EV process or with charging stations in general, such as the importance of location, height, any problems with the cable being exposed to weather, pets biting the cable, safety considerations, how to avoid excessive installation costs, glitches and fixes with the Blink unit, etc.

gascant said:
Oak Room, Bldg 48
19091 Pruneridge Avenue
Cupertino, CA 95014

I'm over 50 miles away, will we have the ability to charge? L1 or L2?
I can bring my Revision 2 EVSE, if 220v available...??

hatuey said:
I'm over 50 miles away, will we have the ability to charge? L1 or L2?
I can bring my Revision 2 EVSE, if 220v available...??
The previous taker for my offer to let someone charge at my house or get picked up at a charging station has decided to take another option, so my offer is back on the table. I only have L1 at my house for now. The Rev2 EVSE won't work here because all the available plugs are on the same circuit. If you can find a local L2 spot to charge, like Sunnyvale Nissan, I can pick you up there and drop you off after. If interested, pm me. The offer is open to anyone, but only one person, so first to request it gets it.

I can also provide Level 2 charging for one LEAF in my driveway and conveyance to the HP site approximately 2 miles away. Send PM message if interested.

Back