SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have solar powered L6-20 and 20A 120V outlets available outside. I'm in Cupertino (w/in 1 mile of Hwy 85 and DeAnza Ave). The "assessment" for the EVSE install is happening this Wednesday (I'm not counting on it being installed by Sat). I expecting our LEAF to arrive at the dealer tomorrow, hopefully they can get it ready before Sat.

arnold

hatuey said:
Thanks for the offers - how about at the site? L1 at least?
Yes. Our inside contact there says the following:
Limited charging is available on site, near the junction of B44 and 46. Follow the signs (hang a right at the guard shack when coming in from Pruneridge) and in front of B42, on the far west of the site, (bear left at the guard shack and go all the way to the end of the frontage road, winding around parallel to Wolfe Rd. A slightly longer walk is required from there. Actually they are about equal. Bring your 120 V adapter ‘bricks’ and a few will have power if needed, no problem. I will try to engage the facilities folks to identify others spots in or near that lot

I will publish a site map about a week before the meeting so people can find it.

Now, if I could just get people to volunteer for the agenda......

I'll be there on the 9th. Just got my Leaf today and a coworker who also has one told me about it.
Funny thing is I live walking distance from the campus but of course I'll drive :geek:

lightningrob said:
I'll be there on the 9th. Just got my Leaf today and a coworker who also has one told me about it.
Funny thing is I live walking distance from the campus but of course I'll drive :geek:
Congratulations, Rob! Yes, by all means, please drive to the event (even though walking would be greener). If you can offer your EVSE to anyone, that would be great. We look forward to having new members.

hatuey said:
I'm over 50 miles away, will we have the ability to charge? L1 or L2?
I can bring my Revision 2 EVSE, if 220v available...??

My home BLINK L2 EVSE is also available to anyone coming a long way to Cupertino and needing to charge. I live in Santa Clara.
Only 8.4 miles from the meeting location. If anyone needs a place to charge and a ride from there and back on July 9,
please send me a Personal Message.

All: Still working on the agenda and seeking volunteers to lead various discussion topics. So far, the additions have been pretty sparse. They include:
Charging timer software--any modification possible? (Volunteer?)
Range Change w/Ventilation--anybody with inside knowledge?
Blink Chargers Experiences--I know there are a few of you out there.
Horns, Seat Covers, Accessories--gasmiser1 has volunteered to "play" his horns.
My original proposed topics include How to make Carwings work and PV to EV (systems, savings, etc.).

I actually got PG&E E9A rate retroactive to May 16th so I can share my first month experience with the group.

I read the "minutes" of the SoCal LEAFers meeting held yesterday (June 25th) and they had some interesting things, mainly a "workshop" on how to make adapters for the modified L1 EVSE, and some live demos of prototype SOC meters. Any interest in an adapter build demo? It might seem pedestrian to some of the Electrical Engineers in the crowd, but maybe we could run several demos in parallel and people could choose which to attend.

Another proposal: I recently purchased the FIAMM horns but have not yet installed them. I would be willing to hold off and have it done at the meeting (I'll bring tools, ramps, clamps, whatever). Would one of the experts be willing to do it on my LEAF? Gasmiser1? Orient Express?

Let's hear your interest in these topics.

gascant said:
Another proposal: I recently purchased the FIAMM horns but have not yet installed them. I would be willing to hold off and have it done at the meeting (I'll bring tools, ramps, clamps, whatever). Would one of the experts be willing to do it on my LEAF? Gasmiser1? Orient Express?

I ordered the Nautilus Compact - if I get it by then I can also bring it and install it at the meeting...

Awesome, I'm looking forward to hearing these horn upgrades... A horn sound-off?

I would also love to hear a car with upgraded speakers if anyone has done that and is planning to attend...?

I have a L6-20 (+ rev1 upgraded EVSE) in my garage and live less than a mile from the HP site if someone would like to park and charge and then carpool to the meeting.

-Steve

lemketron said:
I have a L6-20 (+ rev1 upgraded EVSE) in my garage and live less than a mile from the HP site if someone would like to park and charge and then carpool to the meeting.

I live in Cupertino near DeAnza College and close to DeAnza Blvd. I have a L2 Blink that is available for charging. Please send PM an I can carpool with my Leaf.

I am interested in a workshop or discussion on the adapters. I made two of them and they have no electrical shorts. However, if there is some one to critique the adapters at the meeting, I am happy to hear their comments.

See you all on July 9.

Kim

lemketron said:
Awesome, I'm looking forward to hearing these horn upgrades... A horn sound-off?

I would also love to hear a car with upgraded speakers if anyone has done that and is planning to attend...?
I have an "Aoooga!" horn that I have yet to install. I haven't been motivated to go at it because I so rarely use a car horn anyway. Once a year or less? I'm more one to flash headlights to "wake" someone up. Feels less obnoxious.

But hey, a "me too!" regarding the upgraded speakers. I would love to hear a demo to decide if it's worth doing.

gascant said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I installed the Fiamms from underneath the car, removing the front "belly" pan, which is actually easy, but requires the car to be jacked-up and takes about 1 1/2 hours.

Maybe Orient Express installed from the top?

gasmiser1 said:
OrientExpress said:
I'm happy to help install anyone's horns at the next meeting. You should bring all of your tools, and stuff however.
----------------------------------------------
I'll help too, time permitting and if HP doesn't get miffed at our projects on site.
Well I guess they won't have to worry about us spilling oil in the parking lot :lol:

gascant said:
gasmiser1 said:
OrientExpress said:
I'm happy to help install anyone's horns at the next meeting. You should bring all of your tools, and stuff however.
I'll help too, time permitting and if HP doesn't get miffed at our projects on site.
Well I guess they won't have to worry about us spilling oil in the parking lot :lol:

No oil spill-so true :)
Love it!

Another reason to epoxy coat my garage floor, per another MNL thread :cool:

Back