Seattle Leaf Owners & future-Owners meet #1 : Feb 5 @1:00PM

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Update :

Just a reminder for everyone in this forum. We are having our first local LEAF owner's meet up on Saturday at 1 PM down in Renton. Pls confirm if you are coming here or on Facebook (url below).

Saturday, February 5th
Time: 1:00 PM

Liberty Cafe
926 South 3rd Street
Renton, WA 98057
(425) 235-1400

(owner knows we are coming)

Facebook event URL: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170167309693154

The Saturday forecast is partly cloudy with some sun breaks (KING5).

Come check out the LEAFs, talk to owners that have their cars, share stories, etc.. everyone welcome.

Some of us have been doing some PM discussion about meeting over a cup of Latte. When and where should we meet ?

My suggestion was a nice coffee shop in some central location with enough parking.

Damn! Just saw this thread and was hoping someone was saying that the first Leaf was delivered in Seattle! OK, back to sitting on my hands...

Name a time and place, I'll be there. Unfortunately probably not with my Leaf since I won't be getting it until the end of February (or in the year 2052 seeing as how this Pending thing is going).

bpifer said:
I'm in, but dont' pick somewhere with $8/hr street parking :)

Just make sure there is a soccer field nearby, as my kid will probably be on it any weekend between now and June.

Trying to get your "Branch Gathering" started:

Try the Old Country Buffet for Saturday breakfast, perhaps the one in Bellevue?

Google: Old Country Buffet, Bellevue WA

At 4022 Factoria Mall SE, and $8.02 for breakfast (I was told)
Just east of Freeway 405, exit 11, it appears.

Perhaps call them to check out the date you want.

Feb 5th or 12th, probably not the 19th because that is a holiday weekend.

garygid said:
Try the Old Country Buffet for Saturday breakfast, perhaps the one in Bellevue?
Oh Pls. We are talking about Seattle here - obviously we will meet in a coffee shop. Besides who gets up early for a breakfast on winter weekends ;)

I was considering seating and parking. But, as you choose.
Wait for a sunny day for all I care. :lol:

Last Saturday we had 3 LEAFs and about 20 people at the San Diego Gathering. We had 8 tables pushed together. Not many places are that flexible for an 8:30 to 11:00 am "group".

And, everybody seems to enjoy it. Maybe things are different there.

Vivace (coffee) off broadway has meeting space available for groups ..

A friend of mine also owns metrix create space, which is under the deluxe. Its a shop with 3d printers, laser cutters, and meeting space. Not too much in the way of food, but there are some EV people who hang out here already. The business owner has had an EV bike for about 10 years now.

bpifer said:
June?

I'll still be a FLOGer til July!

{FLOG = Futute Leaf Owners Group}

June is after tryouts and the season starts again. I go back to an earlier post with this analogy:

youth soccer : cult

fool and his money : ???

I vote we meet on leap day February 29th, 2012. By that time I certainly should have a new Leaf.

Only problem with Seattle is - Dave (from Olympia) can't make it in his Leaf. So we were thinking of something near Rairdon's so that he can charge it as we meet ...

garygid said:
Wait for a sunny day for all I care. :lol:

Last Saturday we had 3 LEAFs and about 20 people at the San Diego Gathering. We had 8 tables pushed together. Not many places are that flexible for an 8:30 to 11:00 am "group".

I think we will be a smaller group. BTW, in winter, the Sound is normally either cold & sunny or wet & less cold.

Back