San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank said:
Brian - Were you the fleet sales manager at Kearny Mesa Infiniti a while ago? I bought an Infiniti from Brian Oleson who at the time was the fleet sales manager.
Hi Frank. That wasn't me. I was most likely still in Portland, OR at the time. ;) I would be more than happy to buy you a cup of Pacific Nissan's finest coffee though if you'd like to come and meet with me. :)
pksd1 said:
Frank I am almost certain Ashton is from Poway Mossy. As I sent the original email from Poway Nissan's website few monnths ago (being closest to home).

It seems we have 4 people from Rancho Penasquitos here(maybe few more in the 4S ranch area), maybe we should combine our efforts in selecting a dealer.

I just sent an email to Pacific Nissan. Will post their reply.
Hi pksd1. I think that I just responded to you about your question of are we selling at MSRP. Correct?

drees said:
My apologies! Have visited your dealership before (unfortunately only to kill time while waiting for a nearby restaurant) but the sales staff I encountered were very friendly and accommodating regardless.
No worries drees. It happens often. ;) Next time you're down our way stop in and say hi. I'd be happy to meet you. :D

PacificNissanBrian said:
Hi pksd1. I think that I just responded to you about your question of are we selling at MSRP. Correct?

PacificNissanBrian I just sent you a PM....unfortunately I do not see your email.

Edit: Brian, I am unable to send you a PM. They are sitting in the outbox and will not go out(no problem sending it other members). Please PM me your email address so that I can contact you that way.

Thanks
PK

Thats a great read Azrich! I just went to a training that included a rep from SDG&E and a rep from Ecotality that discussed that information. It was really good to hear that Ecotality is planning to place the 60 DC Fast Chargers in San Diego along the freeway corridors. They are already planning on expanding the range of the vehicle by doing things like that.

Hey Brian,
So for those of us that received emails about getting with dealers and ordering in August, did you learn anything about that at the recent training?

PacificNissanBrian said:
Thats a great read Azrich! I just went to a training that included a rep from SDG&E and a rep from Ecotality that discussed that information. It was really good to hear that Ecotality is planning to place the 60 DC Fast Chargers in San Diego along the freeway corridors. They are already planning on expanding the range of the vehicle by doing things like that.

Did they mention anything about how much will it cost to charge the car at any of the locations?

I don't know yet what pricing will be long-term, but I did hear that the public charging infrastructure in San Diego will be free to use until the May/June timeframe...Then they'll have some sort of pre-paid card swiping thing going on to pay for it. It seems like it will be a fixed fee for charging rather than like a gas gauge where they charge for what you get. So a short-term L2 charge could be expensive (for example, $5 to plug in, and if you're only there an hour then that's only what - 10 miles of charge?)

There will also be a monthly charge to access the charging network, I'm told.

The more I hear about it, the more I think I'll be charging at home most of the time (after May / June)....

Randy said:
There will also be a monthly charge to access the charging network, I'm told.

The more I hear about it, the more I think I'll be charging at home most of the time (after May / June)....

They will probably try out a couple of things to see what works. Remember this is an experiment ...

Randy-Yes I did :) You'll be receiving an email new the end of the month similar to the one you received for the placing of the deposit. If you would like we can talk about it over the phone or you can come in and I can make sure that you've got all your T's crossed and your I's dotted.

With regards to the charging infrastructure, it is currently planned to be free for the public ones and up to the discretion of the building owner for the private ones. They did throw out a couple ideas that they have for possibilities if they do decided to charge however like was already said, this is a very fluid environment. Nissan has their metaphorical ear to the ground and they are listening to what you, the consumers, and people like myself, the retailers, are saying. Nissan is determined to get this right.

Hi all,
Live in Encinitas
Reserved on 4/23
latest communications received:
7/22...."additional information is still needed to see if you meet the criteria for your home charging unit "
7/27...."you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in November 2010."

Currently we have a dodge caravan, and a Mazda 3 (5-door)
It'll be a 3rd car to start with, but pretty sure we'll drop back to 2.

Shaun

gbshaun said:
Hi all,
Live in Encinitas
Reserved on 4/23
7/22...."additional information is still needed to see if you meet the criteria for your home charging unit "

Currently we have a dodge caravan, and a Mazda 3 (5-door)
It'll be a 3rd car to start with, but pretty sure we'll drop back to 2.

Shaun

Welcome Shaun. :)

gbshaun said:
Live in Encinitas
Reserved on 4/23
I'm in Encinitas, too, and have gotten the same exact emails you have.

Late to the party, sorry..... I'm another Penasquitos resident, September order date, had the EV Project home assessment last week (also Ray). Haven't decided on color but I guess it can't be blue or else we'll all be looking all over for our cars in the parking lots :D

Ecotality came out yesterday with 4 people and did an assessment at my home. I was previously sent a note saying that I have been accepted into the ECOtality project, and I have an August order date for the car.

My EVSE installation will be fairly straightforward since I have a subpanel with a 40amp circuit available in the garage within a couple of feet of where the EVSE will go (it's big, by the way). I also have my main panel right on the other side of the wall of the garage. It's looking like a second meter will be necessary for the EVSE, so that does complicate things (since a dual meter adapter in my existing main panel can't be used - it's not UL listed). But I'm good to go either way since I have room to attach to either my main panel outside or my subpanel inside the garage.

They took measurements, digital photos, and asked me several survey questions about future load growth (pool, spa, etc.), do I already have wireless, how far away is it, etc.

ECOtality's normal mode is to install the EVSE about 2 weeks before you get your car. The Blink is undergoing the UL listing process, so they hope to get that done as it gets closer to the end of the year.

Very nice guys and a good discussion about the project, etc. I'm looking forward to getting the car ordered and getting my December ETA date!!!

uspearls said:
Late to the party, sorry..... I'm another Penasquitos resident, September order date, had the EV Project home assessment last week (also Ray). Haven't decided on color but I guess it can't be blue or else we'll all be looking all over for our cars in the parking lots :D

Welcome! Did you schedule the appointment for the assessment or did they contact you to schedule it? I can't figure out the sequence of these appointments in San Diego. In some cases (like myself), people were accepted into the EV Project a long time ago but have not yet been contacted for an assessment even though they have a Sept order date. I contacted Ecotality by email asking them why they haven't contacted me to schedule the assessment, and the response was that they only had a list of people with August order dates, not September. But you have a Sept order date and have already had your assessment completed.

Randy said:
Ecotality came out yesterday with 4 people and did an assessment at my home. It's looking like a second meter will be necessary for the EVSE, so that does complicate things (since a dual meter adapter in my existing main panel can't be used - it's not UL listed).

Randy - Is the second meter required only for your specific situation with the subpanel, or did they say that the second meter will be required for all EV Project people in San Diego?

Frank, it is my understanding that the EV Project participants in San Diego will have three "EV Project" rate structures. It is not yet known who gets which, or how determined. SDG&E will require the second meter, and has stated that the meter in the Blink EVSE provided will not suffice. So it sounds safe to assume that all San Diego participants in the EV Project will require the second meter. I have a September order date and have heard nothing from Etec. I sent in an email via their "contact us" form a few days ago and have heard nothing back. I think I'll give them a call.

Back