Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
healy100 said:
Did the LB seagulls poop all over our cars?
No, from what I could tell it was mostly road grime. The interiors were still wrapped in plastic so they should be fine. But the cars were really dirty!

Was in Wilsonville today so drove by Wilsonville Nissan and drove around back to find 4 Leafs. 2 reds and 2 blues. Both looked washed and ready to go. Congratulations to whoever these belong to. Didn't see a white one so mine must not be there yet, unless it was inside the service bays.

Lynza said:
I just got confirmation that my (maybe our?) Leafs have landed and should be ready by Tuesday after they finish their prep!

After the amazingly awful week I've had, it was nice to have some good news.

I saw my first Leaf in the wild yesterday. Anyone out in Hillsboro at Freddy's with a bike license plate?

Good news for a change. Hoping you're week is off to a better start, and that we take the delivery of our LEAFs (or is it LEAVES?) this week. Although I have not heard anything from either the dealer or Nissan yet!

for you Portlanders, this body shop in Portland is using Leafs
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3802

First post, but have been watching the board for a while. Thanks to everyone for being such a great source of information.

I think 1218 is mine. Or more accurately my wife's. We picked it up Saturday at Wilsonville and drove it back down to Corvallis in the I5 slow lane. About 70 miles @60-63 most of the time. Average speed on that stretch is 80 in the slow lane, so it was stressful to keep the speed down. One person in a truck pulled up next to me, rolled down his window, stuck his ear out of the truck and spent about 30 seconds listening, then gave a thumbs up and drove off. Given the Prius population in Corvallis, I expect the Leaf to be a geek curiosity for a few months and then become fairly anonymous.

Was down to about 10 miles of range by the time I got home. Definitely won't be taking the car further North than Wilsonville until there's a DC fast charger somewhere between here and Portland.

The car cleaned up fine, though there's still a little dust in the exterior footwells that I still need to get. We rushed Joel through the delivery process, so we almost forget the manuals on his desk and didn't get the front license plate holes drilled. I had asked for the license frame mounted, but given the number of buyers opposed to it, Ron Tonkin seems to be holding off until they have check in hand. I own a drill and plenty of bits, so I'll figure that one out when the license arrives.

The car is definitely quiet and feels much peppier than my 2G Prius did around town. Even the tire noise driving on 5 wasn't bad. The eco tree is a bit of a gimmick and waste of dash real-estate, and I need to figure out the nav better, but other than that no major complaints. Oh, and don't bother with the "cargo thong". I consider that a $15 donation to the live-and-learn foundation. No complaints about the interior, but I suppose if I hadn't ordered the mats, the non-mat carpet does feel thin. Oh, and I'm a little surprised that some of the interior incandescents aren't LEDs or at least whiter incandescents.

For those obsessing about the topic. I am definitely one of the lucky ducks. Reserved a bit late, ordered sometime after HIOJim. I reserved late hoping to take delivery after some of the initial kinks in the car were worked out. Given the unexpected lengths of the delays, I'm happy that Nissan made a mistake in my favor. We got rid of our previous second car a little more than a year ago, and since my wife and I both work there have definitely been a few situations where we could have used a second vehicle since then.

Finally, my LEAF is here, well sort of! According to the dealer "service guy is having some computer issues talking to the car and has a call in to the tech line..." I was hoping to pick it up tomorrow , but looks like it can be a bit longer. Hopefully not more than a day or so longer!

greenwayleaf said:
Finally, my LEAF is here, well sort of! According to the dealer "service guy is having some computer issues talking to the car and has a call in to the tech line..." I was hoping to pick it up tomorrow , but looks like it can be a bit longer. Hopefully not more than a day or so longer!
Congratulations Greenwayleaf!

healy100 said:
greenwayleaf said:

Thanks, I don't have it yet. Still waiting to hear what the glitch was. Hopefully delivery won't be on Friday (the 13th)!

greenwayleaf said:
healy100 said:
greenwayleaf said:

Thanks, I don't have it yet. Still waiting to hear what the glitch was. Hopefully delivery won't be on Friday (the 13th)!
The waiting continues. I was told my car was supposed to be in town last week but still no word from Nissan or the dealer. At this point id take a Friday the 13th delivery. lol

Here's my monthly reminder that the next Oregon Electric Vehicle Association meeting will be this Thursday, May 12th! Cars show up by 7pm and the meeting is at 7:30pm. Everything happens in the World Trade Center plaza in downtown!

Check the OEVA website for any other details!

I got mine today!

I picked it up for my extended test drive (I have a 65-mile commute daily, so I wanted to be sure I could do it) and it was fantastic!

I made it from Hillsboro to Clackamas and back with 35 miles left showing. I have a feeling I could squeeze more out of it, but watching the projected range plummet while going up Sylvan hill was pretty entertaining.

No complaints at this point.

BUT!

If you are like me and have had your Blink charger installed and unused for a month or two, I highly recommend disconnecting power (unplug or turn off at the breaker) for 3 minutes (really) and then resetting it. It may need firmware updates, and mine kind of locked up and wasn't able to tell my car was plugged in until I reset it.

Lynza said:
I got mine today!

I picked it up for my extended test drive (I have a 65-mile commute daily, so I wanted to be sure I could do it) and it was fantastic!

I made it from Hillsboro to Clackamas and back with 35 miles left showing. I have a feeling I could squeeze more out of it, but watching the projected range plummet while going up Sylvan hill was pretty entertaining.

BUT!

If you are like me and have had your Blink charger installed and unused for a month or two, I highly recommend disconnecting power (unplug or turn off at the breaker) for 3 minutes (really) and then resetting it. It may need firmware updates, and mine kind of locked up and wasn't able to tell my car was plugged in until I reset it.
Congrats!! :mrgreen:

Lynza said:
I got mine today!

BUT!

Congrats Lynza! :D I will pick mine up either tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks for the heads-up on the Blink charger.I'll put your advice to good use on my 2-month old charger! It turns out the dealer had trouble connecting to the Carwings. They had to reinstall the software and do a reboot. Seems like all's well and the car is ready to pick up.

Lynza said:
BUT!

Since I've had mine installed for awhile, I just turned it off at the breaker until I'm ready to use it. The installer said that was ok to do. I'll turn it back on a day or two before my LEAF arrives to get any new updates.

Could any of you good folks who purchased the LEAF from Hillsboro share the added cost for "document, title, license,..." that was tacked onto the final purchase price? Thanks in advance!

greenwayleaf said:
Could any of you good folks who purchased the LEAF from Hillsboro share the added cost for "document, title, license,..." that was tacked onto the final purchase price? Thanks in advance!
You can just call them and request what their new vehicle documentation fee is and they can tell you. I think mine was around $50 for the dealer plus the actual DMV costs. License varies based on what plate you get: Oregon DMV Fees

DarkStar said:
greenwayleaf said:
You can just call them and request what their new vehicle documentation fee is and they can tell you. I think mine was around $50 for the dealer plus the actual DMV costs. License varies based on what plate you get: Oregon DMV Fees

Thanks for the info. BTW, another sighting of a LEAF, a blue one around 11:35 this morning at the corner of SW 5th and College at the south end of downtown Portland. Quite a sight ! :)

Took delivery of the car at 5 PM today, in the middle of a steady rainfall, only fitting for an Oregon resident! Was told it was the last one of the LEAFs they had received. Based on initial driving impression, from Hillsboro to Beaverton (TV HWY), must say that I am quite impressed. Now back to my reading assignment (of owners manual). :D

Back