Pondering 22 Leaf SL+

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I jumped the gun a bit. The internet manager overstepped her authority on the $36k OTD quote. The owner stepped in an said the lowest they could go was $36,780 which happens to be the MSRP on the window sticker. This Out the door price includes, tax, tags, doc fee, and their "pro pack" that includes wheel locks, all weather mats, and some other nonsense. The "Pro pack" was the part the owner refused to knock off. I initially got pissed and thanked them for wasting my time but overnight my other deals in my area dried up from people trying to score a end of the year leaf deal for the tax credit. This was also the only Deep Blue SV+ within 250 miles and they are willing to deliver to my house.

So long story short, I just signed the deal for $36,780 OTD with 0% for 72 months and free delivery. Their dealership is currently dealing with a Omicron outbreak so they can't deliver until monday but that's fine with me.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Same as I got from the dealer and pickup up my Blue SV+ on Sunday MSRP, but got a very good price on my 2017 Prius 2 ($21K) and the difference wasn't too bad. I'm retired, no tax breaks here. I think you'll like the new Leaf, I did and have so far.

watchdoc said:
The internet manager overstepped her authority on the $36k OTD quote. ... The "Pro pack" was the part the owner refused to knock off.

So the internet manager "forgot" to mention that this dealership had the mandatory "Pro Pack" huh? This is a pretty common and rotten approach I have come across as well while shopping around a month ago around this time. $36780 including all that as well as the tax, registration etc is still pretty good though. So just to make sure I'm getting this right, the sticker had a MSRP of $36780 and they matched that number with all other things included. That means you got the car with about $4K below MSRP if I'm doing the rough maths right.

Congratulations!!!

watchdoc said:
Their dealership is currently dealing with a Omicron outbreak so they can't deliver until monday but that's fine with me.
No, that's not fine unless you want to file your taxes a year late. You have to take delivery by 12/31/21 to file it on your 2021 taxes.

OldManCan said:
watchdoc said:
The internet manager overstepped her authority on the $36k OTD quote. ... The "Pro pack" was the part the owner refused to knock off.

So the internet manager "forgot" to mention that this dealership had the mandatory "Pro Pack" huh? This is a pretty common and rotten approach I have come across as well while shopping around a month ago around this time. $36780 including all that as well as the tax, registration etc is still pretty good though. So just to make sure I'm getting this right, the sticker had a MSRP of $36780 and they matched that number with all other things included. That means you got the car with about $4K below MSRP if I'm doing the rough maths right.

Congratulations!!!

Correct plus 0% for 72 months

Triggerhappy007 said:
watchdoc said:
Their dealership is currently dealing with a Omicron outbreak so they can't deliver until monday but that's fine with me.
No, that's not fine unless you want to file your taxes a year late. You have to take delivery by 12/31/21 to file it on your 2021 taxes.

I need the tax break for 22 not 21 which is why I wanted the paperwork dated for Jan 1st anyway.

I purchased a RAV4 prime in 2021 and drove it about 2500 miles. The seats did not agree with me (narrow and hard) so I sold it back to a Toyota dealer for almost what I paid but I still get the tax credit. I was addicted to the all electric mode of the R4P and hated when the engine came on. Been waiting for the new year ever since so I could buy a Leaf.

watchdoc said:
I was addicted to the all electric mode of the R4P and hated when the engine came on.

That is a very, very common experience. People who are thinking about buying a PHEV do not believe me until after purchase.

Triggerhappy007 said:
watchdoc said:

So far as I know the IRS dates by Bill of Sale

---
I've never really understood this hoopla over buying in December to file for the credit soon thereafter. It is trivial to simply reduce tax pre-payments for the upcoming tax year, and the taxpayer is going to see money back sooner.

SageBrush said:
Triggerhappy007 said:
watchdoc said:

So far as I know the IRS dates by Bill of Sale

which is why ALLLLLL the paper work is being dated Jan 1st. The only thing with 12/30 on it was the manager signed "offer to purchase" quote and the credit application. I'm being extra careful in this regard so as not to do anything the IRS could come back on me for.

BTW, I'm purchasing from Hendersonville Nissan in North Carolina. They still have a couple Leafs left. I've gotten quotes from about 20 dealers and here is a list of the dealers that were most agressive on price. Every dealer that actully provided a quote was willing to deliver for free.

This first group of dealers is clustered in middle to western NC/SC
Hendersonville NC Nissan (Kerri is internet manager and this is who I bought from. It was also the only Blue SV+ within 250 miles)
Rock Hill SC Nissan (Briain is sales manager and super nice. They were $40k OTD on SL+ but I decided on SV+)
Modern Nissan in Hickory NC (Dean is sales manager and they would match most any quote but only had an SL+)
Crown Nissan in Greensboro NC (Efrim is manager and I would have purchased from them but they sold the car the next day but told me I could get the same discount on the next one that came in. I wanted blue anyway)

This second group of dealers is clustered in Eastern VA (Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton)
Banister Nissan (They actually advertised discounts on Leaf)
Hall Nissan of Chesapeake or Virginia Beach
Winners Circle Nissan

Finally, here is a list of dealers that gave the highest prices with the most hidden BS and really didn't give a crap if you found a better price somewhere else.
Fred Anderson NIssan of Raleigh or Asheville
Leith Nissan of Raleigh
Grand Strand Nissan of Myrtle Beach
Hart NIssan of Northern VA

OldManCan said:
So the internet manager "forgot" to mention that this dealership had the mandatory "Pro Pack" huh?

That is what I was trying to warn people about. The tell-tale sign is an "msrp" that is higher than published by Nissan. You can see it in this example: the dealership "msrp" was $36.8k while Nissan publishes $35.4k. The dealership tried to hide $1,400 of crap in the so-called msrp.

That said, it sounds like watchDoc did pretty good for himself in this market since msrp + delivery + TT&L + Docs could easily reach $39k

By the way, I think NIssan is offering $1,000 in manufacturer rebates these days that the dealer folded into this deal, presumably quietly.

SageBrush said:
OldManCan said:
So the internet manager "forgot" to mention that this dealership had the mandatory "Pro Pack" huh?

That is what I was trying to warn people about. The tell-tale sign is an "msrp" that is higher than published by Nissan. You can see it in this example: the dealership "msrp" was $36.8k while Nissan publishes $35.4k. The dealership tried to hide $1,400 of crap in the so-called msrp.

That said, it sounds like watchDoc did pretty good for himself in this market since msrp + delivery + TT&L + Docs could easily reach $39k

This is incorrect, the Nissan MSRP does not include destination or floor mats, cargo cover, cargo mat, etc. these items are already on the window sticker from the factory but are IN ADDITION to the base price of $35,4. I will say the "invertory" search on Nissans website quotes some cars without the destitation fee which I find odd but all the window stickers are consistant and I didn't notice any MSRP's that appeared the dealer modified. Many dealers had lots of extra fees such as really high doc fees, market adjustment fees, "pro pack" nonsense.

I haven't seen anything about $1000 rebate. Please show me this information.

watchdoc said:
SageBrush said:
@watchdoc, what is your tax rate on the car ?

3% in North Carolina
Tags and Registration is about $100
Extra EV registration fee is about $100

ok ...
35,400. Nissan msrp
(1000) Nissan rebate
975 Delivery
200 State fees
? dealership paperwork fee
1061. taxes
----
$36,600

SageBrush said:
watchdoc said:
SageBrush said:
@watchdoc, what is your tax rate on the car ?

3% in North Carolina

ok ...
35,400. Nissan msrp
(1000) Nissan rebate
975 Delivery
200 State fees
1061. taxes
----
$36,600

What rebate??????

watchdoc said:
SageBrush said:
watchdoc said:
3% in North Carolina

ok ...
35,400. Nissan msrp
(1000) Nissan rebate
975 Delivery
200 State fees
1061. taxes
----
$36,600

What rebate??????

The one they forgot to tell you about, obviously. Although these rebates can be locale specific so people should check here:
https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/electric-cars/leaf/deals-incentives-offers.html?offer_filter_search=92154

SageBrush said:
watchdoc said:
SageBrush said:
ok ...
35,400. Nissan msrp
(1000) Nissan rebate
975 Delivery
200 State fees
1061. taxes
----
$36,600

What rebate??????

The one they forgot to tell you about, obviously.

I can't tell if you are being serious or just messing with me. I can't find any reference to a $1000 Leaf rebate anywhere online. Where are you getting this information????

Back