Pondering 22 Leaf SL+

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on whether or not you need flat storage in the cargo area. I did come up with a way to make one in my '18SL (see the Gen II Tips & Tricks topic) but I'm even happier with my SV's nice flat cargo area. I had feared that the stereo in the SV would be a lot worse, but it isn't: it just has less bass when cranked up.

watchdoc said:
So it's getting close to the new year and I've got several dealers offering $1500 off MSRP and free delivery. Hoping to get $2000 plus off but gonna have to wait and see. Inventory is plentiful at this point.

My delimma now is SV+ or SL+. The Bose is apparently underwhelming and the amp takes up alot of space in the hatch. The pleather looks nice but I would proably be just as happy with heated cloth seats that dont freeze you in winter and scald you in summer.

What do you guys think? Save the money with the SV+ or is it worth the extra money for the Leather and Bose?????
Personally would encourage actually sitting in both power seat variants. Some people love leather, I personally don't like the pressure points from the firmer leather surface. If had to do this over the SV with power & cloth would be my own choice.

watchdoc said:
The plot thickens…. Just got a quote for $2200 below msrp on a SV+ with a reasonable doc fee and free home delivery….
Look for dealer add-ons and other fees. Given a chance, they *will* surprise you

watchdoc said:
I make sure I get a written quote signed by the sales manager

That is the right approach, but not all quotes are created equal. You want the equivalent of a Bill of Sale
And you should closely review the car window sticker. I think dealerships are required to disclose add-ons there.
Also, realize that 'msrp' is a moving target. I don't know how dealerships are able to manipulate this number but it is common. Edmunds says that the SV+ msrp is $35,400. I'm not sure if this price includes things like door mats

Lefty will know a lot since he is a retired car salesperson, although he may not be up to date on the latest chicanery.

SageBrush said:
watchdoc said:
I make sure I get a written quote signed by the sales manager
Also, realize that 'msrp' is a moving target. I don't know how dealerships are able to manipulate this number but it is common. Edmunds says that the SV+ msrp is $35,400. I'm not sure if this price includes things like door mats
No, the MSRP is not a moving target and usually not being manipulated. You will usually see a higher MSRP than $35,400 because they leave out the mandatory $975 destination charge. Then there are options from the factory like: mudguards, cargo organizer, first aid kit, door sills, etc. Plus a few colors of paint cost extra. That's why you see differences in MSRP for the same trim and color as well.

This agrees with what I have experienced. MSRP is fixed aside from optional paint colors, floor mats, mud guard, etc. It also adds a layer of protection if you simply have the car delivered. If they try to do some shady last minute tricks, you just tell them to drive it back to the dealership.

If you want to insult me with a modicum of accuracy, Sagebrusque, call me a "retired car dealer." I "retired" from that side gig while I was in my Thirties.

Triggerhappy007 said:
No, the MSRP is not a moving target and usually not being manipulated.
Whatever.

The important point here is that any msrp quoted above $35.4k for the SV+ should trigger questions

@LeftieBiker I recommend adding SageBrush to your foe list. Since doing that, I find these forums much more enjoyable. Some people just aren't worth your time and energy.

He's been there for years. I only read posts of his that I suspect may be in need of moderation, or that I can see from other people quoting him are good. ('Sybil' type posters can be more a PITA than full-fledged trolls.) If one of the other Mods would like to take over that latter part, I'll be happy to stop reading them altogether.

Welp, I'm moments away from signing for a 22 SV+ in Deep Blue Pearl (my favorite color). MSRP was $36,780 and I'm buying for $36k OTD with free home delivery and 0% for 72 months.

There can not be too many EVs around, the more there are on the roads the more likely that infrastructure stays with us as needed.... most people here are pleased with their Leafs and believe in them as a good value and a practical solution to our everyday driving needs. And most people will go out of their way to help as needed.

watchdoc said:
Welp, I'm moments away from signing for a 22 SV+ in Deep Blue Pearl (my favorite color). MSRP was $36,780 and I'm buying for $36k OTD with free home delivery and 0% for 72 months.

Congrats. It’s exactly what we would buy if we were getting another leaf. We are currently driving that colour but in a model 3. Honestly I think the late model leafs in that colour are stunning in sun or shade. Feel free to post some pics. Would love to see it. Congrats again. Great car.

watchdoc said:
That's a really good deal for this time. What state is that and how many miles is the delivery?

watchdoc said:

I use 'OTD' to mean including TT&L and all dealer fees + manufacturer delivery charge.

Do you mean the same ?

Back