Any reason not to buy approved/used 62kwh Tekna (UK)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamE

Hi all
I’ve joined the group as I’m on the brink of buying a 62kwh Leaf and I’m hoping for any pointers.

I drive 18k miles a year and I’ve worked out that a bank loan over 5 years plus the charging would cost me about £50 a month more than I’m paying for fuel and road tax for my 16 year old petrol qashqai £3,250 p.a.). The insurance hike would cost me another £40 a month, and then there’s the charger to consider which I have no clue where to start.

Then I’d want the extended warranty each year until 100k miles on the clock (so another £40 odd per month).
So all in all it makes good financial sense to get myself a 2020/21 Tekna as opposed another petrol car where I’d be paying for the bank loan AND the same again for the fuel.

I understand range can be a problem in winter in combination with motorway driving. My round trip commute is 120 miles, with about 100 of that on the motorway. I drive about 60 mph and tend to coast whenever I can and generally don’t accelerate hard.
Am I going to be struggling for range especially during winter months?
And as the miles stack up, eg approaching eg 100k, will battery capacity fall to the extent that I could be struggling to achieve 120 miles in winter?

I’ve a couple more questions if you’d be so kind to give me a view please:
There are a few tekna models around 2020 and 2021 on autotrader, for sale by Nissan dealerships, costing around £17-18k. They come with 1-2 years warranty. I’m assured by Nissan that my local garage, Ancaster, in Slough will honour the warranty even though issued by another company. Has anyone had any bad experiences where their local garage wouldn’t accept the warranty from another dealership?

Lastly, are there any faults for me to look for and were there any peculiarities with particular years?

Is it worth holding our a bit longer for the recent facelift? A ‘22 facelift model would cost me another £4k which doesn’t seem worth it, as I’m anticipating running whatever I get into the ground.
Thanks for any help
Liam

I have a 2020 62kWh Leaf and I am happy with it; it has done around 34,000 miles. It has been mainly charged at 7kW with very little rapid charging, although it will charge at up to 72kW. It is noticeably quicker than the 40kWh leaf too.

At the moment, the worst mileage that I get would be around 160 and that would be in sub-sero temperatures and quite fast driving - centre/fast lane on the motorway. Normally, in the summer I get more like 200 miles.

Hi all
I’ve joined the group as I’m on the brink of buying a 62kwh Leaf and I’m hoping for any pointers.

I drive 18k miles a year and I’ve worked out that a bank loan over 5 years plus the charging would cost me about £50 a month more than I’m paying for fuel and road tax for my 16 year old petrol qashqai £3,250 p.a.). The insurance hike would cost me another £40 a month, and then there’s the charger to consider which I have no clue where to start.

Then I’d want the extended warranty each year until 100k miles on the clock (so another £40 odd per month).
So all in all it makes good financial sense to get myself a 2020/21 Tekna as opposed another petrol car where I’d be paying for the bank loan AND the same again for the fuel.

I understand range can be a problem in winter in combination with motorway driving. My round trip commute is 120 miles, with about 100 of that on the motorway. I drive about 60 mph and tend to coast whenever I can and generally don’t accelerate hard.
And as the miles stack up, eg approaching eg 100k, will battery capacity fall to the extent that I could be struggling to achieve 120 miles in winter?

There are a few tekna models around 2020 and 2021 on autotrader, for sale by Nissan dealerships, costing around £17-18k. They come with 1-2 years warranty. I’m assured by Nissan that my local garage, Ancaster, in Slough will honour the warranty even though issued by another company. Has anyone had any bad experiences where their local garage wouldn’t accept the warranty from another dealership?

Lastly, are there any faults for me to look for and were there any peculiarities with particular years?

Is it worth holding our a bit longer for the recent facelift? A ‘22 facelift model would cost me another £4k which doesn’t seem worth it, as I’m anticipating running whatever I get into the ground.
Thanks for any help
Liam
I have a 2020 62kWh Leaf and I am happy with it; it has done around 34,000 miles. It has been mainly charged at 7kW with very little rapid charging, although it will charge at up to 72kW. It is noticeably quicker than the 40kWh leaf too.

At the moment, the worst mileage that I get would be around 160 and that would be in sub-sero temperatures and quite fast driving - centre/fast lane on the motorway. Normally, in the summer I get more like 200 miles.

Thank you Martin. That’s useful. I’ve agreed a private purchase of a 2021 leaf, still in warranty and less than 5,000 miles. Can’t wait to get it. Now agonising over which charger to get, thinking the Ohio pro will give me best options for compatibility with cheap overnight charging with Octopus, and also with future cars. Thanks again

The big one I wish I did before I bought my car is downloading a copy of LeafSpy lite onto my phone and ordering the appropriate Bluetooth dongle. Then I could have plugged it in an BAM know all there was to know about what kind of shape the battery was in. It would have paid for the dongle and a few hundred extra bucks just to have that data for final price negotiation.

Thank you Martin. That’s useful. I’ve agreed a private purchase of a 2021 leaf, still in warranty and less than 5,000 miles. Can’t wait to get it. Now agonising over which charger to get, thinking the Ohio pro will give me best options for compatibility with cheap overnight charging with Octopus, and also with future cars. Thanks again
I actually kinda like the Tesla brand “granny” charger my friend had even though it needed an adaptor. The car normally come with one from Panasonic that does not accept power from my new condo. Now I have two chargers. The “granny” which I keep in the car in its little pouch for emergencies and a Wallbox premire plus 40amp I stuck to the wall of the stall of my condo for phase2 daily use. It’s nema 50. Finding a condo that would let me run stuff was like pulling teeth.

Hi all

Thanks for any help
Liam
I have had a 62kWh Leaf from new and I have been very happy with it. It is a bit quicker than the standard Leaf and will easily do 200 miles on a charge in the summer, more if you drive carefully. Like all Leafs (Leaves?) it suffers in the cold but in at -1C it will still do 170 miles. You will not struggle to do 120 miles, even if driven quickly in the cold (-1C) It will charge at 75kW on the 100kW and Chademo chargers.

It is now 5 years old and has done around 34,000 miles and so far I have seen no battery degradation. I obviously cannot say what it will be like after 100,000 miles. I have not had to use the warranty so far.

Back