Plot your future Leaf location on this Map !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Black Nissan Leaf SL on reserve but could change to some gray/black/silver mix if available. I have ask a few coworkers about there black cars and all report that it is not any hotter then there other car they have. I think the battery's are on the floor that the heat would be from the road so any color could be just as hot in Arizona. I think the black will look cool with the head lights and other chrome trim. I am more concerned about how to keep it clean with the dust that blows around here in the desert and not the color making it hotter then other colors.

Black SL
Chandler AZ
Phoenix metro area

I feel soooo left out. I have to wait till May 15 at the earliest to be allowed to place a reservation. I tried April 22; two days late.

Danny, there will be plenty of possibilities left after May 15th. However, I would definitely not be too tardy on that new open window. As I see it today:

Japan = about 4,000 known reservations
US = about 7,000 reservations
UK Opens in July, based on population I would estimate about 2,000 reservations

So, out of the gate there are 13,000 reservations for a first year production of about 50,000.

26% of reserved production out of the gate is darn good, but jumping on it in May will not exclude a first year delivery.......

Danny said:
I feel soooo left out. I have to wait till May 15 at the earliest to be allowed to place a reservation. I tried April 22; two days late.

I don't know where you are - but you may be able to get it in December if you get your reservation at midnight on 15th, if you are in the initial rollout cities. They do want to sell a 1,000 or so leafs in each city in the beginning.

Thanks to sjfotos for putting me on the map!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=101695356237695844500.000485571a29e01b60343

Very welcome Jason...it will be great when you can report the delivery of the Leaf! I'm looking forward to your review/impressions !
Steve

How about colors (or different icons, you choose):
Blue = Reservation
Yellow = Test Group Invitation
Orange = in Test Group
Red = Paperwork "signed", awaiting Leaf Delivery
Green = Leaf Delivered

Or some such?

I'm in the Visalia area and will be buying my Leaf from Lithia of Fresno, CA. I reserved the "Leaf blue" color. Black and white are boring and silver has no hue. I really wish they would offer more color choices. I'm excited that I'll be among the first in Tulare County to own an electric car! For me it's the freedom more than anything - the freedom to go places without being tied down to gas stations, the sustainability of being able to charge up from my own solar system in the future.

I love this idea!!

Steve (sjfotos) - I'd love to have this map embedded on the site somewhere. Should we look at making this process more automated, or are you happy to manually insert for now?

Hi! I have no problem manually inserting for the time being.

Please feel free to use it as you think best.

Anyone with a gmail ID can insert on the map, and i am fine with doing it manually for others.
Steve

Hello,

I'm in the California central valley, and I've put down a deposit on a white LEAF. Looking forward to the upcoming test drives. I missed the original tour that came through the SF Bay Area, but I wont miss the test drives now that I have a deposit.

Ok...not as intuitive as I thought...or I'm losing my intuitiveness...whatever. ;)

Click the link to open the map. Log into your Google account.

'Edit' starts the process:

map1.jpg

Move and zoom - then click the point symbol:

map2.jpg

1: Move until 'X' marks the spot
2: Fill in title and body
3: Click OK to close the new point
4: Click save to update the map

map3.jpg

It's not the only way, and probably not the best way - but enjoy anyway!

Back