Leaf Orders : Plot your location and details on this Map

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packet said:
sanjosedave said:
I'm sorry but what does RAQ stand for?

Request A Quote. Specifically, when you get to talk to your chosen dealer and get a price.
Actually ... you should TALK to your dealer well beforehand ... because once the RAQ ability opens up on your DashBoard you want to be sure things move quickly.

Sometimes you will receive an email at nearly the same time as your DashBoard opening for the RAQ step, sometimes it never comes, sometimes it comes way late. If you TALK to your PreferedDealer ("PD") beforehand and work out any questions you have, what accessories you want, and also agree on a price, then the rest of the process will go smooth and without hiccups. First & Second wave owners who RAQed this way still sometimes experienced many weeks (?months) of delivery delays even for only short delays due to hiccups during the RAQ process.

LEAFer said:
Sometimes you will receive an email at nearly the same time as your DashBoard opening for the RAQ step, sometimes it never comes, sometimes it comes way late. If you TALK to your PreferedDealer ("PD") beforehand and work out any questions you have, what accessories you want, and also agree on a price, then the rest of the process will go smooth and without hiccups.
True enough. I'd sorted out what I wanted ahead-of-time due to feedback from folks on the board, as well as having figured out which dealer I wanted to go to. So when I got the reservation-open-again e-mail, I'd already configured the car and picked a preferred dealer; within an hour or so after paying the reservation fee, it gave me the RAQ step, and within a few hours of THAT, the dealer had called me... and then within a few hours of THAT, I was able to do the order.

I can imagine, however, that it could've taken a lot longer if I hadn't sorted things out ahead of time. :)

Remarkably I did no pre-run of the order with a dealer. I just picked Fontana for the discount and it worked very smoothly. He called me within 20mins of my submission, sent me the offer and I confirmed it. The whole thing took 45 min.

But yes. I was lucky that I chose a great dealer. There should be enough Dealer feedback reports on this forum to figure out who's good and whose not. If your not sure about your closest PD then just put their name in the search above. See what comes up.

Packet said:
So when I got the reservation-open-again e-mail, I'd already configured the car and picked a preferred dealer; within an hour or so after paying the reservation fee, it gave me the RAQ step, and within a few hours of THAT, the dealer had called me... and then within a few hours of THAT, I was able to do the order.

Line jumper!

When am I gonna get to order here in Tier 2??

Okay, no hate here for a fellow MyNissanLeaf person! I love you all and am happy you're getting your car soon Packet!! Hooray!! :)

TimeHorse said:
Yeah, you've got 70 amps of EVSE just sitting there waiting; likely the most powerful of all LEAF owners and potential owners!

Well, they're brining the Drive Electric tour to the Northeast (to the forgotten 36) in the next couple months, so something good must be about to happen... My guess is that Tier 2 will get to start ordering when they start taking orders for MY 2012, which is just around the corner. You can bet I'll be asking when I can buy a LEAF next month at the Philly Drive Electric event.

tps said:
TimeHorse said:
Yeah, you've got 70 amps of EVSE just sitting there waiting; likely the most powerful of all LEAF owners and potential owners!

Well, they're brining the Drive Electric tour to the Northeast (to the forgotten 36) in the next couple months, so something good must be about to happen... My guess is that Tier 2 will get to start ordering when they start taking orders for MY 2012, which is just around the corner. You can bet I'll be asking when I can buy a LEAF next month at the Philly Drive Electric event.

Yeah, happy it's coming to Pennsylvania finally, starts on Lon Guy Land and will hit my home town of West Hartford, CT so I'm going up north for that. Then I can whine like that New Yorker who won the D.C. original drive tour. Wah, I drove 300 miles or whatever it is to test drive a LEAF, wah! :p

(Yeah, still bitter about that)

Anyway, I'm standing by the rumor that the South East dashboard will open up by the end of this month. Though again, without the 6.6kW, I just don't know!

Also, did you see: 130 reservations in the greater D.C. area, second is Long Island with 127!

I negotiated a firm deal well AHEAD of my RAQ "opening" time, after attempting to contact about 20 dealers in the area.

Then, within about 5 minutes of being permitted to RAQ, I got the agreed upon quote from my pre-selected dealer, and I accepted the quote (which "placed" my order with NissanUSA).

anyone have opinions on these #s
130 in the dc area ( reservations , the $99 kind)

60 in boston

do these seem accurate

if it is heck they could ship dc 130 cars and get this over with (the endless waiting that is )

The numbers seem low. The only reference point I have is that one of the 4 certified Leaf dealers in the Raleigh area said that they had been told by Nissan that they had 70 reservations at one point.

Back