Plot your future Leaf location on this Map !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue, loaded, Fresno, CA
Looking forward to driving it to the Pacific coast with a meal and charge at Harris Ranch (about 1/2 way)!

SilverLeaf said:
Reserved a Silver SL in Scottsdale, AZ. Can't wait to drive it out of the showroom. Next big question for me will be which dealership provides the best price, out the door. Psyched! Not planning to order the quick charge option. I expect to charge in my garage nightly.

I'm in AZ too, and my dealer said they aren't allowed to charge more than the MSRP because they aren't an Indpendent dealer. So I was glad to hear that! :)
I reserved a Silver (hope it is light) SL on 4/20.

Palm Beach County Florida. Reserved a white base model.

Car should work great here. No hills and you almost never need heat. The house has 400 amp service so no problems there either.

sjfotos said:
400 AMP Service! Wow. What are you running? A NASA transmitter??? :)

It's like they size it to handle everything being turned on at once. There are supposedly some load calculations that go into determining this. While I'm sure given our lifestyle there should be plenty of spare capacity, who knows what they say if they actually crunch the numbers. It will be interesting to see how closely inspectors go over these in different municipalities.

LTLFTcomposite said:
sjfotos said:
400 AMP Service! Wow. What are you running? A NASA transmitter??? :)

It's like they size it to handle everything being turned on at once. There are supposedly some load calculations that go into determining this. While I'm sure given our lifestyle there should be plenty of spare capacity, who knows what they say if they actually crunch the numbers. It will be interesting to see how closely inspectors go over these in different municipalities.

Yeah sounds like they way oversized your service, unless you are running several rooftop chillers and a small restaurant over there :) Its unusual for a single family home to have larger than a 200A servce in most of the country.

I tried to place a reservation on April 22, but I guess you have to be on a registration list before that to make a reservation. Now I have to wait till May 15 to place an actual reservation. You snooze, you lose. :(

Danny, considering the phased roll out, unless you are in one of the roll out locations, it should not be that big a disadvantage. Just hop on that May 15th date!

Danny said:
I tried to place a reservation on April 22, but I guess you have to be on a registration list before that to make a reservation. Now I have to wait till May 15 to place an actual reservation. You snooze, you lose. :(

When I was talking to my dealer he said he had a gentleman who didn't get an email for whatever reason and the dealer called Nissan's hotline and got him added to get a registration email in 24 hours. So if you want you could always contact your local dealer, ask for the Leaf rep, and ask that person call the hotline and get you an email.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Palm Beach County Florida. Reserved a white base model.

Car should work great here. No hills and you almost never need heat. The house has 400 amp service so no problems there either.

Our house is also wired that way. We're in an earth home that was originally built by an electrical engineer so we're way "over wired". I think that's a good thing. Thankfully the box is located just a few feet from the garage wall so running the power for the charger should be a pretty easy task.

Now the big question is - how many solar panels would we need to install in order to charge the car?

leaffan said:
SilverLeaf said:
Reserved a Silver SL in Scottsdale, AZ. Can't wait to drive it out of the showroom. Next big question for me will be which dealership provides the best price, out the door. Psyched! Not planning to order the quick charge option. I expect to charge in my garage nightly.

I'm in AZ too, and my dealer said they aren't allowed to charge more than the MSRP because they aren't an Indpendent dealer. So I was glad to hear that! :)

Silverleaf and leaffan,

I'm in Tucson. Maybe next January or February, we could try to get all LEAF owners together somewhere between our two fine cities or at least in southern part of Phoenix. This will depend on if there is a fast charge station between us. It is about 96 miles from my house to IKEA. Hey, maybe we could get IKEA to install a charger!! I think it would be great to get owners together to compare info, stories, etc. And how cool would that be see a parking lot of 20 or 30 LEAFs!!

Hope to see you in about a year!
Azrich
Tucson, AZ

Blue SL LEAF future owner

Azrich said:
leaffan said:
SilverLeaf said:

Silverleaf and leaffan,

I'm in Tucson. Maybe next January or February, we could try to get all LEAF owners together somewhere between our two fine cities or at least in southern part of Phoenix. This will depend on if there is a fast charge station between us. It is about 96 miles from my house to IKEA. Hey, maybe we could get IKEA to install a charger!! I think it would be great to get owners together to compare info, stories, etc. And how cool would that be see a parking lot of 20 or 30 LEAFs!!

Hope to see you in about a year!
Azrich
Tucson, AZ

Blue SL LEAF future owner

That sounds like a great idea Azrich! It will be interesting to find out if they are going to put those fast chargers on the interstates at the same time they put the other charging stations in and around Tucson and Phoenix.

I'm in Fort Worth, TX. I saw another person say they were in Arlington, TX. so that is at least two from the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. I hope we don't have to wait too long for ours.

adric22 said:
I'm in Fort Worth, TX. I saw another person say they were in Arlington, TX. so that is at least two from the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. I hope we don't have to wait too long for ours.

Sounds like the start of the DFW Leaf Owners Club (DLOC)! Or maybe the Fort Worth - Off Petrol Owners Club (F-OPEC)?

Did you you choose a dealer yet?

Back