Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ERG4ALL said:
I got both the blue skies plate and the window sticker. It said you could put the sticker on the bumper or the rear window. I opted for the rear window because the sticker will eventually fade and decompose and it will be easier to use a razor blade and/or solvent to scrape off the old sticker from a window than the bumper. My understanding is that the blue plate allows you HOV access 24/7 like some hybrids and that the sticker with "Electric" selected will allow you to park at charging stations when they become available. I think it is an effort to keep ICEs from blocking charging stations.

The link I posted earlier defines that you need either the blue plate or the sticker, not both. Either one will grant you the ability to park in a public EV charging station. That is the way it has been since the late 90's.

kanji2 said:
However, the very next day my dashboard switched to Pending. Now the dashboard lists June. One could say I have been "jerked" around a bit during this ordeal.
So here I am still waiting for my Silver eTec to be delivered. Better late than never.

I guess you haven't read the 'Lost Sept./Oct. Orders' threads. You haven't been "jerked" around. When you have waited 8 months since ordering and over a year since reserving, then you can say you have been jerked around. You are where you are supposed to be. WE have been dealt with unfairly. We reserved 4/20, ordered in Sept./Oct. and either have May delivery dates or just 'Month of May'. All of us late Sept./early Oct. orderers should have had our LEAFs in February or March at the latest.

turbo2ltr said:
Got my CC swapped with the Blink yesterday. It updated to 1.4A in the afternoon. Last night it started at 10 like it should, charged 39 minutes and then stopped leaving me with a half dead battery this morning..

Are you charging to 80%? If so, I have noticed that the Blink may stop at 33%, 50%, or 67%. I spoke to Blink and they said they are working on a fix for this. They mentioned that you should not have a problem if you charge to 100%.

The car is suppose to be here the week of April 12th ..Ecotality is coming Friday..So I hope we have it for Saturday ;-)

How many Leafs are now in AZ? Next week Ill go see about a clever license plate..One day I hope to meet all of you by your Leafs but I may have to wait for a quick charger to be installed out on the East side of town..I live way out on the west side..

LEAFfan

I did read the read the 'Lost Sept./Oct. Orders' thread. I wan not referring to my delivery date on my dashbord that changed. What happened to me was that I went through THREE full weeks of working with the PD who had called and told me it was time to order in August, and then at the last moment I was told I could not order. Fast forward to last week with the PD calling me and telling me my car is here and with Kopman electric calling me and telling me that Nissan had informed them that my car was here and due within 30 days, I was quite excited and forgot the past mixups. So when I was eventually told that I would not be getting my Leaf last week, I felt "jerked" around.

We've typically met at a dealer so people that come from afar can sip some efuel while we hang out. Of course as the number of leafs grows, we may have more people that need a charge than there are chargers..

I know it's easy for me to say since I have my car already, but if you look at the statistics on the spreadsheet, only 6 cars have been delivered to people that ordered more than 30 days away from Aug 31st. I'm not buying the whole forgotten order/line jumper thing quite yet. (you'll do the right thing, right nissan?) That's 6 out of 136 deliveries in the spreadsheet are to people that didn't order in aug/sept. 4 of them are october orders, and I think the other two, which are recorded as december orders, are incorrect data.

turbo2ltr said:
That's 6 out of 136 deliveries in the spreadsheet
That would be 6 out of 137 deliveries, if you count EVDRIVER, who hasn't updated the spreadsheet to show that he got his car. ;)

Probably more than 137 deliveries.

DarkDave said:
azknauer said:
Hi all you PHX Area Leafers.
I'm fairly new to this forum and I try to read up on most posts from AZ and comment if possible/necessary.
I just had my Blink installed yesterday by George from Kortman Electric.
Nice Job, took only about 3 hrs, just have some problems with my Guest Wifi connection.
My Silver Etec Leaf is supposed to be delivered next week Thursday at Power Nissan Chandler.
I'm super exited and can't wait for the “never getting gas anymore” feeling.
My commute is only 20 miles per day, so I will be ok with the range.
Due you guys have any range experience with the AC running from last weeks first really hot days??
A Silver Etec will be parked at Intel starting hopefully next week Friday.
I just hope that Intel is going to install some Chargers, so we Leafers can run our AC while parked during this coming summer heat.

Which Intel building do you park at? Myself and another Intel employee on this forum have contacted the Intel site managers, and the response has been that they won't install any charging stations until they get sufficient demand. I'm not sure what constitutes sufficient demand, but I remain hopeful. I work at CH7 where they are beginning to install covered parking with solar panels. I hope that they don't limit this to the ~200 or so parking spots that are currently under construction by Solar City. Even if they only placed a few 120V outlets on a few of the covered spots that would work for me.

P.S., I took delivery from my Leaf from Power Nissan Chandler on the 1st. Alan is the Leaf sales manager there, very knowledgeable and helpful person.

Oh, and I've found that if the charger drops the wi-fi connection to your router, best way to resolve it is to power-cycle the Blink. I think their wi-fi stack has problems rediscovering stations if it gets dropped. My Blink was installed with 1.2A firmware, and was remotely updated to 1.4A last week. It's been more stable since then, but I still need to power-cycle if it drops which hasn't happened in about a week now.

Normally I'm parking in the garage, so I was hoping that they would do something on the west site of C5/6.?
My Leaf is not here yet, even so it showed a delivery for this week.
Alan told me he has no notice about a delay and that he contacted Nissan today since he was waiting for 5 Leaf's to be delivered this week.

My Blink updated finally to 1.4 after a 1 hr phone call with Blink support.
Let's see how it works when I have to charge my Leaf.

Hopefully soon!!!

My Leaf was supposed to be delivered this week (April 12).
It did not arrive as well as 4 other Leaf's according to Alan Newbury, the Sales Rep for Power Nissan Chandler.
Alan had no Idea why they did not come in and he tried already to get an answer from Nissan.
I had a chat with Leaf Customer Support this morning and they told me that my Leaf is currently in the LA port.
They are doing a software up date on all the LEAF's before they release them.
They told me also that a lot more Leaf's arrived in the last couple weeks at the Port then in the month before and that they underestimated the time to upgrade the Software on all of them.
They told me that they going to release a lot of Leaf's for AZ next week and mine would be one of them.
Let's wait until next week and hope it will arrive.

turbo2ltr said:
I know it's easy for me to say since I have my car already, but if you look at the statistics on the spreadsheet, only 6 cars have been delivered to people that ordered more than 30 days away from Aug 31st. I'm not buying the whole forgotten order/line jumper thing quite yet. (you'll do the right thing, right nissan?) That's 6 out of 136 deliveries in the spreadsheet are to people that didn't order in aug/sept. 4 of them are october orders, and I think the other two, which are recorded as december orders, are incorrect data.

Well we have our first two official "line jumpers" on the spreadsheet, so I stand corrected.

Looks like the week of April 12th has come and gone with no Leaf..We did get the charger put in tho..Ecotality and their contractor Kortman electric were great ..3 people came out to put the charger in and all went well...They also checked the wireless devises to see that they were communicating with the charger..

Don't despair, our #404 LEAF is due for the software upgrade tomorrow up in Show Low. We trailered the car up to our Vernon home. They are going to send a tech all the way up from Phoenix (200 miles from the dealer) to reprogram it even though I'm not experiencing any problems (it's not very hot up here). I am impressed that Nissan is working overtime to make sure that all the cars out in the public's hands are going to get the latest update. Thus, that would explain why they are slipping on some of the delivery dates. First priority is to quietly take care of the software problem without having to declare a recall, which the anti-EV types would love to report on. Second, the updating takes resources away from delivery preps. As I said don't despair, the car is great and once I learned how to respond what information the car was giving me I'm getting over the EPA 73 miles per charge. And that is on an 80% charge not 100% as the EPA used. Even on country roads with the higher speed limits, I'm getting around 4.6 miles per kWh. I almost think that the car actually has a little break-in period as all the moving surfaces wear in to their final tolerances. Our mileage seems to be improving more than my driving skills.

ERG4ALL said:
Don't despair, our #404 LEAF is due for the software upgrade tomorrow up in Show Low. We trailered the car up to our Vernon home. They are going to send a tech all the way up from Phoenix (200 miles from the dealer) to reprogram it even though I'm not experiencing any problems (it's not very hot up here). I am impressed that Nissan is working overtime to make sure that all the cars out in the public's hands are going to get the latest update.

That's awesome they are sending a tech. JP gave me the option of bringing it in our having the tech come over. I'll bring it down to Avondale and tap some of their juice. It sounds like the high country is treating your EV well. :D
Carlos

Received my LEAF on Sunday Evening at 10:00 pm

It really looks cool, suckling on that power nozzle.

I agree, Kortman did an exceptional job. My LEAF is #0561.

SilverLeaf said:
Received my LEAF on Sunday Evening at 10:00 pm

It really looks cool, suckling on that power nozzle.

I agree, Kortman did an exceptional job. My LEAF is #0561.

Congratulations SilverLeaf! Enjoy! :D
I just called CS and they told me that my LEAF finished with Service April 15, and was probably shipped to the dealer today, even though my DB still reads 'week of May 6'.

Here's a link to My Cayenne Red LEAF

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56626019@N05/5635298163

Shhhh, She's nursing :mrgreen:

Update: I went 26 miles last night. My Escape would have userd a bit more than 1 gallon. My LEAF used $0.38.

Silverleaf you got my car ...You were suppose to get the silver leaf :) Nice organized garage, 3 wooden rakes and one for a child ...

Hmm you got your car at 10 pm Sunday night ..Thats a long time to stay open on Sunday..The guy at Nisssn said he wants to spend 2 hours explaining ther Leaf to us,is that why you were there until 10 pm on Sunday night..

The dealership did not stay open on Sunday. We got are cars out of state at Rairdon's in WA they where delivered by car carrier.

Back