Leaf mechanic in southern Sweden

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattLeafzen0

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there are any member from Southern Sweden (skåne) who can recommend an EV mechanic (workshop) or private knowledgeable Ev tech that is capable/willing to undertake bad cells replacement on a 2012 24kwh leaf. I have 5 bad cells in my pack that I would like to replace but I have zero knowledge with HV batteries. I spoke with several workshop around but non is willing to touch it. This is a problem that Is not limited to Sweden alone but many other countries. There are almost no investment in the technicalities/training/tools for the mechanical manpower locally to repair EVs and many people who couldn't afford to pay repairs fees quoted by main dealers are forced to scrap cars that normally are repairable. Main car dealership focus on replacement than repairs and most of the time the have zero knowledge about the car's problem. I believe this is also part of the reason EV insurance are skyrocketing because they are too expensive to repair and are more likely to be written off for even minor impact to the battery casing. My post is not a complaint but just something I have observed.Wishing you all a safe motoring experience in the coming summer months.

Back