Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azrich said:
turbo, how did your install go? The newest firmware did not install like it was suppose to on my Blink. I called Friday morning about it and by the time I returned home from getting the windows tinted, it had been updated. I used the "intranet" feature to load my kWh rates = still a bit clunky but better than the touchscreen.

I pushed the install until next month.

Any other Honeywell North (Deer Valley) persons here?

Not Honeywell, but my office is about a mile away.

emmphx said:
Intro--
Hi, just joined this forum.

Welcome to the forum emm.

Since you already exhibit the requisite amount of enthusiasm on getting a Leaf, your joining the forum now qualifies you to join in the fun of adding your order details to the Spreadsheet ( http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949&start=0 ) and to begin devoting a scary amount of hours to obsessing and speculating about when your leaf will arrive. At least that is how it has gone for me. ;)

Could a Arizona LEAF owner please tell the cost for the title and registration when you purchased your vehicle?

Thanks.

Azrich said:
Could an Arizona LEAF owner please tell the cost for the title and registration when you purchased your vehicle?

Thanks.

I don't own a LEAF yet, but I had a Honda Civic GX (CNG) since 2004 (just sold it), and for a two-year term, I only paid $22 for license and registration. The title is very minimal...4 bucks I think. :mrgreen: I'm sure the LEAF will be the same. Skywagon bought his LEAF and paid for 5 years and saved a little more. I think he said it was under $100 for 5 years.

emmphx said:
Any other Honeywell North (Deer Valley) persons here? My boss said that there is a charging outlet on site (a now-retired director personally converted a Porsche and the company provided him with the 'plug'.) A coworker saw a red Leaf in the parking lot the other day...

My husband works there. I get the LEAF on most days, but he takes it to work 1 or 2 days a week. Ours is red. Another person at Deer Valley has a LEAF too, not sure what color though. Wow, 3 LEAFs in one parking lot. Pretty cool. I'll PM you his name and you can look him up if you want to check out the car before yours comes.

Another LEAF hit's the road in Phoenix.......

It's been a busy week for us.

Monday; SECON installed my Blink.
Tuesday; Trudy @ Avondale Nissan called and said to clear my calendar to take delivery.
Wednesday; Hung out at work until my neighbor carpooled in his LEAF to get my LEAF.
Thursday; Back at work extremely tired from driving around town for hours last night.
Friday To Do List; Seat covers, window tinting, selling my old car, driving, driving, driving....
:D

Carlos said:
Another LEAF hit's the road in Phoenix.......

Congratulataions Carlos! No doubt you are happy to get past the "delivery stage" of this adventure. Now enjoy your car.

Have you used your A/C by any chance? Pre-cooled?

Took delivery of vehicle this afternoon!!! The final dashboard date of 3/30 was right on the money, the car arrived at the dealer the night of the 30th, and was prepped and read to go this morning.

I was impressed by the level of detail the sales manager went through in covering everything about the car and the purchase process. Alan, the Leaf sales manager at Power Nissan Chandler was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Thomas, the finance person and a fellow Wyomingite was great, he helped me save some money by finding better loan financing than I had already found before arriving.

The only downside was the time it took to get all the paper work filled out and processed. But, the upside is that I got more time to fiddle with the car while I waited ;)

Contrats! Now there is another Glacier Pearl LEAF in Chandler (that's all that seems to be here)... but as of tonight mine is now different with it's lightweight wheels:

5577995469_89d86cc7bb_b.jpg

See here for details: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3184

Carlos, congrats on the receipt of your new Leaf. Tell Bruce I said hello. Also, Skywagon, just saw the picture of your new "Tennessee" wheels. I like the looks. Sharp. Is that blue lug nuts? Look forward to reading about your range gain when you get it documented and posted.

I am still holding at a May (maybe) delivery for my Leaf and looking for some warmer weather in Tennessee.

Leggedo

Leggedo said:
Carlos, congrats on the receipt of your new Leaf. Tell Bruce I said hello. Also, Skywagon, just saw the picture of your new "Tennessee" wheels. I like the looks. Sharp. Is that blue lug nuts? Look forward to reading about your range gain when you get it documented and posted.

I am still holding at a May (maybe) delivery for my Leaf and looking for some warmer weather in Tennessee.

Leggedo

Yeah, they are a blue chrome and match the e in the zero emission badge. Thanks!

And Carlos, congrats on your car as well. Now we need another group gathering as there are many more cars to show up.

Skywagon said:
Leggedo said:

Leggedo

Yeah, they are a blue chrome and match the e in the zero emission badge. Thanks!

And Carlos, congrats on your car as well. Now we need another group gathering as there are many more cars to show up.

Well I did have a new LEAF for at least 15 hours before that now notorious AC software bug bit me. I cried watching "Red" on the old flatbed headed west.....
Maybe I'll be in good spirits next week when they figure the software patch.

Gonewild said:
Carlos how did it start? Did you pre cool or just drive please give details. Thanks

Follow this thread.....
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3139
it seems I'm not the only one. Maybe there is a contest for earliest FAIL.
I'll log in at 14hrs 20minutes before it was hoisted unceremoniously on the back of an ICE Wrecker. It felt sacrilegious.

Carlos said:
...Maybe there is a contest for earliest FAIL.
I'll log in at 14hrs 20minutes before it was hoisted unceremoniously on the back of an ICE Wrecker. It felt sacrilegious.
There was at least one that didn't get to drive off the lot. He pre-cooled before he left the dealership, and couldn't start it up to leave.

I saw a White Leaf parked at the Intel Chandler parking lot, with the temporary tags! Parked near the exit at the North side of C7. Does it belong to anyone here?

phxsmiley said:
I saw a White Leaf parked at the Intel Chandler parking lot, with the temporary tags! Parked near the exit at the North side of C7. Does it belong to anyone here?

Yep, that's mine. I've been parking my blue Maxima under the trees near the exit for the past 9 years... Now it's the Leaf :D

Jim from ABC Nissan called me to tell me about the A/C problem and to schedule an appointment to bring it down. I didn't see the need, so I kinda brushed him off. He said they updated several cars already. But it sure seems like it only affects newer cars, so I'm not going to waste have a day to bring it down. But kudos to them for being pro-active.

Back