Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Project" does not "start" (gathering data) until mid-2011, I believe.

So construction of e-stations (or e-points, e-spots, c-points, c-spots) might still be months out from even being drawings, much less permitted construction projects.

No, ... c-strings, g-strings, ... and g-spots are different, I have been told. (grin)

I went to a meeting in June where the head of the Arizona EV Project, Marc something, said that charging stations would begin to be installed in September and continue until mid 2011. That was their planned timeline. Like everything else, it is probably delayed. I'll buy a beer for the first AZ forum member who posts the first photo of a newly installed public charging station.

Azrich said:
I went to a meeting in June where the head of the Arizona EV Project, Marc something, said that charging stations would begin to be installed in September and continue until mid 2011. That was their planned timeline. Like everything else, it is probably delayed. I'll buy a beer for the first AZ forum member who posts the first photo of a newly installed public charging station.

Richard, that's exactly what I was told also. Many public stations should be in before we take delivery in Dec. or Jan. :)

SilverLeaf said:
If purchasing your vehicle from out of state, you will need to know about the following:

This is the link for info on the Restricted Use 3-Day Permit which will be required to drive your vehicle from the point of delivery to Motor Vehicle Department
for registration. The cost for the 3 day permit is $1.00

https://servicearizona.com/webapp/permit3/permitInfo.do#896
Arizona Dealers can provide a 90 day permit to anyone from out of state.
Debbie Clark - Avondale Nissan

My previous post was for

Arizona Customers buying their Nissan LEAF from an out of state dealer
(not an out of state customer, buying from a dealer in AZ)

We will need to utilize the 3 Day Temporary Registration to drive the vehicles off the truck.

SilverLeaf said:
My previous post was for

We will need to utilize the 3 Day Temporary Registration to drive the vehicles off the truck.
Why is that if it was a used car you don't need it do ya?

As far as I know, In Arizona, you cannot drive a car without plates (temp, perm or paper). Greg stated that they use a 1 day temporary in Washington (at a cost of about $15). The equivelent in AZ would be the 3 Day Temporary. For a buck, that's what I will be getting to drive the car to MVD.

See Question #16 http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/faqs/scripts/faqsresponse.asp?category=2&keyword=

'If you bought the vehicle from a licensed dealer, the dealer will give you a Temporary Registration Plate that allows you to operate the vehicle for any purpose. If you purchased the vehicle from a private sale, you may obtain a Restricted Use 3-Day Permit which is valid only for the purposes of vehicle inspection, emission testing, repairs needed to comply with inspection or emission rules, or to otherwise complete the registration process. The Restricted Use 3-Day Permit can be obtained online at EZ Permit , or at any MVD or authorized Third Party office. In order to operate the vehicle for any other purpose, you must first complete the registration process. No more than three Restricted Use 3-Day Permits can be issued to any vehicle in a 12 month period.'

Gonewild said:
SilverLeaf said:
My previous post was for

Why is that if it was a used car you don't need it do ya?

It doesn't matter used or new. You have to have the 3-day permit. We sold an older car not too long ago and the buyer didn't know about it. He couldn't have driven home without it. So I went online, and in a few secs, he had his permit. I didn't even charge him! :lol:

SilverLeaf said:
'If you bought the vehicle from a licensed dealer, the dealer will give you a Temporary Registration Plate that allows you to operate the vehicle for any purpose.'

You should check whether they are talking only about instate dealers ...

I believe Licenced Dealer refers to an ARIZONA LICENSED Dealer.

I also believe that we will need to acquire the 3 Day Temporary to legally operate our vehicles until registered with AZ MVD.

This is what I am planning to do (and also have a formal question in to AZ MVD to confirm).

I will post that formal reply when received.

:D I just found this forum yesterday. I signed up a month or so ago for a Leaf and submitted my survey for the home charging station at that time. I am planning on replacing my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid with this new car. I would sure like to test drive it to make sure it is the right car for me. I live in Chandler, AZ with a round trip commute to work of about 45 miles. I am excited and have been waiting years for a full production EV to be released. It looks like Nissan really did their research with all the technology they are putting into this car. I like the fact it is similar in size to my civic. I initially thought it would be smaller.
Would anyone get a Leaf if the home charging station wasn't free or highly discounted?

cheezmo1 said:
:D I just found this forum yesterday. I signed up a month or so ago for a Leaf and submitted my survey for the home charging station at that time. I am planning on replacing my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid with this new car. I would sure like to test drive it to make sure it is the right car for me. I live in Chandler, AZ with a round trip commute to work of about 45 miles. I am excited and have been waiting years for a full production EV to be released. It looks like Nissan really did their research with all the technology they are putting into this car. I like the fact it is similar in size to my civic. I initially thought it would be smaller.
Would anyone get a Leaf if the home charging station wasn't free or highly discounted?

Welcome to the forum cheezmo! :)
What order month did you get?

I just checked my email and i got the "reservation complete" email on August 5th. The wife got the reservation reminder email from Nissan back in March. We had some family issues to deal with and forgot to sign up. "you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF™ in February 2011", says my email. I thought they are sending a 1000 per state?
I just checked my Nissan Leaf account and it says my "eTec Application Pending", "your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** is pending. If you qualify, eTec will contact you directly. questions? contact Nissan at 1-877-664-2738" I never got an email saying they have my application.
I hope this is not bad news for me. I would really hate not getting a free or nearly free home charger.

OK I was wondering if you could order out of state with us and get a great deal. You can maybe but we are hoping to be jan.

Just got an email from Wilson Electric saying even though I'm approved for the EVP, they want to double check the information I submitted and that they will be in the area saturday to tuesday.

Gonewild said:
OK I was wondering if you could order out of state with us and get a great deal. You can maybe but we are hoping to be jan.

I am buying from Rairdon in Wa as well. Will ahve it shipped to Chandler.

Reserved 4/20/3PM
ECOtality Approved 7/22
Ordered SL-eTec/Glacier Pearl 9/7

Back