[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LEAFer said:
Wow ! These guys are working on weekends ?! "Drawing money" out of the (remaining) fund(s) ?! I currently make updates once per week, as time allows that usually means late Friday/early Saturday. From Saturday 11:38am to now ... -3% .. another 39 LEAFs "down the drain" ?! I guess in the age of internet the "Currently Pending" being near real-time shouldn't surprise me :oops:

Hello LEAFer,

Do you know at what point in the timeline does the current offered $5k rebate gets reduced to half (i.e $2.5k) ? Does it start beginning next year?

The sequence of events that happens isn't too clear assuming the current pot of money runs out by ... say in August. Then what happens next?

Thx.

mxp said:
Hello LEAFer,

Do you know at what point in the timeline does the current offered $5k rebate gets reduced to half (i.e $2.5k) ? Does it start beginning next year?

The sequence of events that happens isn't too clear assuming the current pot of money runs out by ... say in August. Then what happens next?

Thx.
I don't have the answers to those questions. Center4Energy has better info, but they also must rely on California Air Resources Board.

I do think it getting closer for use to receive an update from them ... hint ... hint :!:

mxp said:
Do you know at what point in the timeline does the current offered $5k rebate gets reduced to half (i.e $2.5k) ? Does it start beginning next year? The sequence of events that happens isn't too clear assuming the current pot of money runs out by ... say in August. Then what happens next?
This is certainly not an official answer, but I'm willing to make some guesses.
  • If the current money does not run out before July 1 it will quite certainly be rolled over into the next FY funds. That's what happened last year.
  • If you have applied and been approved before July 1, you will get $5,000, even if you don't have all your paperwork in yet and/or they haven't cut the check yet.
  • If the money runs out before July 1, and before you have been approved, you will not be approved immediately, but instead will be put on a waiting list (which, based on past behavior, I trust CVRP to honor in order, unlike someone else I could mention.)
  • If there is a waiting list, then as funds become available after July 1 names will be pulled off the list and approved. These will all get $2,500, regardless of when their name was put on the list. Note that depending on conditions outside CVRP's control (specifically the legislature and CARB) funds may not be available until well after July 1, perhaps not until the fall or even the winter.
  • I guess I should add one more case. Once thousands of people have been added to the waiting list, it will not be possible to satisfy them all with the pot of money made available for FY 2011-2012. Almost certainly the waiting list will be rolled over into the next FY and subject to the rules for that year.

Ray

***BIG JUMP*** this week (over past 7 days): "lost" 180 LEAFs ! :( Actually, let's put that more positive ... REBATED :p 180 LEAFs this week (based on remaining funds, which still excludes the expected $2m (worth another 400 LEAFs)).

Within a couple of weeks, rather than rely on my weekly table+graph, I'd advise those who are still awaiting your LEAF to directly check the CSE website for a better (more real-time) update ( I moved the link into the first couple of lines of the OriginalPost on this thread ).

Here it is again: https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-program-status

So I was OK to see less than 50%.... now 41%
I think I will have cvrp rebate anxiety as we get close to 5%.
If we get into reserve, the last 2M, then the anxiety will escalate quickly followed by dispair and hopelessness

Anyone else feeling the pressure yet?

smkettner said:
Anyone else feeling the pressure yet?
Yep. But with delivery expected this coming week, I'm thinking I'll be OK. Will definitely do the application the same day that I receive the car though.

Add in the promised $2 million and there's still enough for over 1,000 rebates. Given that there have been only about 725 rebates awarded or reserved up til now, there's still a lot of funding to go.

Somebody please clarify. This thread (including the graph at the beginning) implies that there are $2 million just 'sitting' and waiting to be added to the funding. Is this funding going to be added for the current rebate amount ($5K) or for next fiscal year? I ask because my delivery month is June and I think the current funding amount on the CVRP website will be depleted at the end of May (I've been tracking it everyday). Assuming the new rebate is reduced to $2500, that will be my tipping point and my Leaf will have to become an orphan :cry: Thanks for clarifying

planet4ever said:
The $2M is for the current fiscal year. No one knows how much CVRP will get next FY, but the guess is it will be around $5M.

Ray

So there is another $2 million, and those of us taking delivery in June, and possibly even July would get a $5000 rebate - does anyone know what the sticking point is for adding the extra $2 million?

I submitted my rebate application in person. Kyle, the person processing the applications, was very helpful!. He said that the $2 million is all but guaranteed, but they just need to sign various inter-agency agreements before it becomes "official". He also said to expect 1-month processing time before getting your rebate check. That's longer than what I had heard before, but perhaps that's due to the increased number of application since delivery picked up.

ybitz said:
I submitted my rebate application in person. Kyle, the person processing the applications, was very helpful!. He said that the $2 million is all but guaranteed, but they just need to sign various inter-agency agreements before it becomes "official". He also said to expect 1-month processing time before getting your rebate check. That's longer than what I had heard before, but perhaps that's due to the increased number of application since delivery picked up.
They seem to do them in batches, so some people report a quick turn around, and others don't. I would guess that 1 month is a worst case scenario.

[
I submitted my rebate application in person. Kyle, the person processing the applications, was very helpful!. He said that the $2 million is all but guaranteed, but they just need to sign various inter-agency agreements before it becomes "official"
thank you ybitz and thank you Kyle - I'm feeling much more hopeful about a big rebate - though even back when I was deciding to sign up for a LEAF the rebate seemed excessively generous - I thought maybe $3000 and making up the difference by offering more people the incentive - but I'll take the extra $2500. I'm sure somewhere down the line we 1st adopters will get dinged financially.

rpmdk said:
So there is another $2 million, and those of us taking delivery in June, and possibly even July would get a $5000 rebate - does anyone know what the sticking point is for adding the extra $2 million?
No, not July. If you don't get approved by June 30 (and you can't be approved until after you have your car), you will fall under the rules for next FY, which will probably be $2500, not $5000.

Ray

planet4ever said:
which will probably be $2500, not $5000.
I have hear people say this a few times now without explanation, what do base this on?

Read back deep into this thread and there is reference to a discussion on the new rules for next fiscal year.
Nothing actually solid at this point.

the CVRP website now shows clearly the rebate will be $2500 next FY

https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/frequently-asked-questions-cvrp

so we only have until June 30th for the $5000 - I have a June delivery, but at the rate things are going, I'm back to being concerned again.

rpmdk said:
the CVRP website now shows clearly the rebate will be $2500 next FY
Thanks for that heads-up ... except it doesn't look as CLEARLY to me ... in the "Changes in CVRP FY 2011-2012" Section 2 (almost at the bottom), the amount of the rebate for the LEAF could be as low as $1,500 ... depending on which TYPE it gets categorized into. Who wants to take a stab at the definition of "RANGE" ????? :roll:

(EPA = 73 ==> less than 75 ==> "Type I" = $1,500) :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back