[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LEAFer said:
(EPA = 73 ==> less than 75 ==> "Type I" = $1,500) :cry:
At best it looks like $2000. It depends on where they take the range number from. I have to applaud CARB, actually. This will push manufacturers to meet the longer range numbers.
How much will the rebate amount be per vehicle type?

The Air Resources Board has recommended that a fully functioning Zero Emissions Vehicle rebate amount be lowered from $5,000 to $2,500. See the table below for the proposed rebate schedule.

Type II, III, IV, or V (range >100 miles)
$2,500

Type I.5 (range >75, <100 miles)
$2,000

Type I (range >50, <75 miles)
$1,500

Light-Duty Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
$1,500

Neighborhood Electric Vehicle
$750

Zero-Emission Motorcycles
$750

So, all you programmers out there, see a problem?

One of those comparisons with 100 should have an = as well. E.g., a car listed at exactly 100 mile range, would that fall into the $2500 or the $2000 pool? Right now, it's literally neither.

Or maybe it's both, and you get $4500! :twisted:

LEAFer said:
rpmdk said:
the CVRP website now shows clearly the rebate will be $2500 next FY
Thanks for that heads-up ... except it doesn't look as CLEARLY to me ... in the "Changes in CVRP FY 2011-2012" Section 2 (almost at the bottom), the amount of the rebate for the LEAF could be as low as $1,500 ... depending on which TYPE it gets categorized into. Who wants to take a stab at the definition of "RANGE" ????? :roll:

(EPA = 73 ==> less than 75 ==> "Type I" = $1,500) :cry:
Even less clearly to me:

1. How much money will be allocated for the next Fiscal Year?

The Air Resources Board expects about $12-$17 million to be added for FY 2011-12.
Yay! If that happens. And then:

2. How much will the rebate amount be per vehicle type?

The Air Resources Board has recommended that a fully functioning Zero Emissions Vehicle rebate amount be lowered from $5,000 to $2,500. See the table below for the proposed rebate schedule.
Probably likely, but not set in stone yet.

i understand the FY2011-2012 year starts July 2011, but has anyone confirmed that the rebate amount will decrease on that date even though FY2010-2011 funding has not been totally depleted? Can CARB comment on this?

there's probably a bunch of people in the forgotten 2010 order group that are gonna be just out of luck to qualify for the higher rebate

opencar said:
i understand the FY2011-2012 year starts July 2011, but has anyone confirmed that the rebate amount will decrease on that date even though FY2010-2011 funding has not been totally depleted?
At the current rate of deliveries, the current funding will be depleted in about 3 week--unless more funds are going to be added for this fiscal year.

Stoaty said:
opencar said:
i understand the FY2011-2012 year starts July 2011, but has anyone confirmed that the rebate amount will decrease on that date even though FY2010-2011 funding has not been totally depleted?
At the current rate of deliveries, the current funding will be depleted in about 3 week--unless more funds are going to be added for this fiscal year.

there's $2M more slated for FY2010-2011. Also, I can't imagine how the current rate of depletion can be sustained since it would seem at odds with our tracking of the excel delivery sheet (we've only captured 170 CA spreadsheet deliveries vs. 902 rebates or 19% representation). There are about 100 cars in the spreadsheet ahead of me but my delivery is not until the end of June.

opencar said:
There are about 100 cars in the spreadsheet ahead of me but my delivery is not until the end of June.

do you actually have a date? I was slated for May now it's June, but haven't been able to get anymore info

rpmdk said:
opencar said:
There are about 100 cars in the spreadsheet ahead of me but my delivery is not until the end of June.

do you actually have a date? I was slated for May now it's June, but haven't been able to get anymore info

actually only "month of June" from the dashboard, altho the ecotality installer told me that I'm slated for a car delivery of 22 June that has prompted them to initiate my charger install soon. I'm a 22 Oct order.

reading through:

https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-blog/2511-cvrp-waiting-list-providing-certainty-for-early-adopters

my guess is that the FY2010-2011 funds will need to be exhausted first before the lower rebate rules become implemented.

opencar said:
actually only "month of June" from the dashboard, altho the ecotality installer told me that I'm slated for a car delivery of 22 June that has prompted them to initiate my charger install soon. I'm a 22 Oct order.
sounds like we're in about the same boat, except you have a little more info - has the dealer contacted you? - good luck with the rebate!

leafenvy said:
.... my delivery month is June and I think the current funding amount on the CVRP website will be depleted at the end of May (I've been tracking it everyday). Assuming the new rebate is reduced to $2500, that will be my tipping point and my Leaf will have to become an orphan :cry: Thanks for clarifying
I was wondering about this scenario, if someone had the cash would they be better off proceeding with the purchase and immediately selling it privately? I don't think you'd get ANY CA rebate but don't you get the Federal tax credit?
A buyer from outside CA would be able to buy it from you without missing out on any CA credit.

Save your cash. Leave it as an orphan. If you plan to immediately sell the car it is my understanding you are not eligible for the rebate or tax credit.
The credit and rebates are for those that intend to buy and keep the car. I think the IRS will tell you same.
Of course if you want to cheat on your tax return that is up to you.

10% of current funding allocated in the past 7 days.

$2m still not showing up (should yield approx. another 400 LEAFs).

68% Used.

If the $2m shows up that would cut it to 55% used.

I think the next two weeks will be equally busy then it could taper off a bit.
I am now thinking all CA deliveries before 6/30 will get the full $5,000.
It will be close and little to spare or just a few getting missed.

LEAFer said:
10% of current funding allocated in the past 7 days.

$2m still not showing up (should yield approx. another 400 LEAFs).

68% Used.

If the $2m shows up that would cut it to 55% used.

To clear up the timing for the $5K rebates, see below the confirmation from Kyle @ sustainable energy: THanks Kyle!

The additional $2 million will be added before the funds run out. And for your second question, the rebate will stay at $5,000 until the FY 2010-2011 funds run out. When the new funds get added for the FY 2011-2012 that is when you will see the rebate amount drop to $2,500

Kyle Goedert
Program Assistant, Transportation
California Center for Sustainable Energy

smkettner said:
Now that is good news. Most of us I believe had assumed we need to complete the purchase by June 30 to be eligible for the $5k.
But doesn't it look like the pool, even with the extra $2m, will be used up shortly before the end of June anyhow?
I thought that was about the projected date for it to expire given how quickly it's been dropping.
I think it's been something like 16/day, so the $2.5m+$2m = 56 days worth of rebates.

Remember, Nissan are still delivering cars to January and Feb orders, and even still assigning NEW Vin #'s to Feb orders (I'm a Nov order, yet still no Vin#).
One thing for sure, the $5k will not last through all orders prior to the Jan/Feb group, so for every Jan/Feb customer that gets a $5k, there's a 2010 customer who will be bumped off the end.
The jan/feb orders (through no action or fault of their own) are not only receiving a very early delivery, but also quite a bonus on the rebate.

I think this week and next may continue but June may prove to be a bit slower and the $5k fund will last until July.
This does bode well for those marked for June delivery such that if they get their car the first week in July they still may get the 5K.
And you are absolutely right that for every Jan/Feb CA order & delivery there is a person that ordered earlier in CA that will get a reduced rebate.

smkettner said:
I think this week and next may continue but June may prove to be a bit slower and the $5k fund will last until July.
This does bode well for those marked for June delivery such that if they get their car the first week in July they still may get the 5K.
And you are absolutely right that for every Jan/Feb CA order & delivery there is a person that ordered earlier in CA that will get a reduced rebate.

there are only 60 CA spreadsheet entries to cover all the Oct 2010 orders right now. Even if our forum only represents 20% of the LEAF universe, that equates to only 300 rebates. but you guys are correct that the only way we can estimate anything right now is if Nissan actually delivers in order from now moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back