Nissan Santa Rosa's QC - Up & Running?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

According to the PlugShare data base - it is!!
I'm wondering if it's Nissan's own $9,000 model ... And do employees get a price break on the purchase price? If so, heck, my wife would love me to get a 2nd job -
:D

It's a Blink unit, as supplied to them for "free" through the EV Project & Ecotality. It's big & very expensive.

By the way, the $9K (indoor) unit from Nissan/Sumitomo is still vapor... you can't even order it. The shipping outdoor unit starts at $15K or so.

PlugShare notes say it's 'free' to use for now - have they hinted what Nissan will charge when they make folks start paying to use it?

Since it's a Blink unit, it wouldn't be Nissan charging, would it? I don't think Blink has announced yet what they plan on charging for a Quick Charge, since their chargers seem to be down more than they're up...

NYLEAF said:
Since it's a Blink unit, it wouldn't be Nissan charging, would it? I don't think Blink has announced yet what they plan on charging for a Quick Charge, since their chargers seem to be down more than they're up...
I believe it's up to the host as to what the cost to charge will be...

PlugShare description: "Prius/Volt owners: There's a gas station across the street" :lol:

That aside, its good to know this is there. I may try to use this and go up to Russian River in the LEAF!

Volkswagen Research just anounced public access to their QC DC (Ecotality ) Blink in Balmont. Sweet! - Central Cal is picken' it up.

Here's the release on the new QC station:
http://www.ecotality.com/media/press-releases/ecotality-partners-with-volkswagen-group-to-install-blink-dc-fast-charger-in-northern-california/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's exciting to finally get one in the Bay Area (Santa Rosa notwithstanding). I cannot get an answer from PG&E on Vacaville, I just keep getting the runaround.

Now the real question: Should I feel safe in going to this station and getting a quick charge, or am I supposed to be stressed out about battery degradation every time I do it? I feel like there's not enough data on this to be sure. I really want to try out the technology, but I definitely want to preserve my battery, too.

Josh

Quick Charging should have minimal impact over your normal charging... especially in the relatively mild Bay Area. (It's tough to get the battery temp high for extended periods of time here, even with quick charging.)

grommet said:
Quick Charging should have minimal impact over your normal charging... especially in the relatively mild Bay Area. (It's tough to get the battery temp high for extended periods of time here, even with quick charging.)
Agreed - Nissan clearly states under regular conditions, you're good to go - even up to once a day, up to the 80% mark.

I did two quick charges on Saturday (about 6 hours apart) and I never went above 6 temp bars. The key is to start with a low battery. :)

Jeremy

Yes, the Santa Rosa Nissan Quick Charge is up and running. Charged there 7/17 around 11:30 AM and the left side worked great! The right side would not read the RFID card. Only available for public use during dealership open hours. Free for now, but will have to pay down the road. The arrangement is that the host and Blink split the income 50%-50%. (Source: SR Nissan at North Bay Electric Auto Assn. 7/14 meeting)

Phoenix said:
Yes, the Santa Rosa Nissan Quick Charge is up and running. Charged there 7/17 around 11:30 AM and the left side worked great! The right side would not read the RFID card. Only available for public use during dealership open hours. Free for now, but will have to pay down the road. The arrangement is that the host and Blink split the income 50%-50%. (Source: SR Nissan at North Bay Electric Auto Assn. 7/14 meeting)
Any price per charge number thrown out yet?

Plugshare says Santa Rosa QC has been down for over a week now for "maintenance". Any updates?

I'm coming up to Russian River in about a week and it would sure be nice to take the Leaf.

I just returned with my family from our Guerneville vacation. I drove our 1 yr old Leaf (~10K mi) from Redwood City to Guerneville, stopping in San Rafael for lunch and a 1.5 hour L2 charge, and then QCing at the Santa Rosa QC. It's only 80mi to Santa Rosa, but I didn't feel like pushing it with a car full of kids & luggage and considering all the recent capacity loss discussions. I got to the QC with 2 bars so I probably could have made the straight shot easily. But the QC saved a couple of hours of L2 charging to make the final 22mi leg to Guerneville.

We stayed at the Creekside Inn which allowed me to L1 charge - we didn't have any range issues with day trips. Did not even see a LBW.

QC worked flawlessly in both directions and Nissan personnel were friendly and helpful (I did not buy my Leaf from them).

This QC really made the trip convenient.

Back