Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maui LEAF's: So far in 6 days we have spoted 4 LEAF's, todays was at the Maui Hawaiian Aquarium, silver!

Stoaty said:
Saw a Volt going West on Wilshire Blvd just before 405 freeway this AM. Gave the driver a thumbs up, I think she saw and appreciated.

Stoaty, for a minute there I thought you were gong to say that you gave her the finger :)

I saw a silver one at University Research Park in Irvine on Friday. My car was on display at a green event, while he was parked in a parking spot in a row adjacent to where the display vehicles were parked. Gave him a wave as he left. Didn't recognize the driver.

Had an Encinitas sighting on Quail Gardens Drive just a few minutes ago as I was walking home with my family from the Botanic Garden - Ocean Blue headed north on QGD at 5pm.

I know there's a bunch of us here in Encinitas driving around in our Leafs. I still don't see too many on the road, though.

Thanks to the nice lady in the silver LEAF that allowed me into the FASTAK only lane on the bay bridge last week. I think you yelled out it was your first LEAF sighting.

Silver in Burbank at Glenoaks / Buena Vista Thursday, paper plates - I think from Cerritos - I was in a street sweeper so the lady driving it didn't notice me.

Saw three LEAFs the week of July 4 when I was in Amsterdam. I had a nice chat with a guy who was charging one of the LEAFs at a seemingly public charging point. The company he works for builds(?) and deploys the charging stations. He told me there were 100 LEAFs in Amsterdam, all being used in corporate fleets.

Our first "wild" Leaf sighting (away from Gatherings or work, where we have several ChargePoints) was on Saturday in Camarillo - there was a Blue one fresh from the dealer (no DMV plates, anyhow) parked outside the Edwards theater next to the Premium Outlets (which still have 2 old paddle and 1 old Avcon charger... grrr....). No owner present, and we were in the ICE anyhow headed to Santa Barbara...

Must be living right. Saw another blue one today. Same place as the last one AND at around the same time (Home Depot Center, Carson, just after 4pm) but this wasn't the same car (no ECO decals). Plus I saw a Volt and a Tesla on the drive home today too! :)

Saw a blue Leaf on the 405 going South just past the 101 at 6:40 PM tonite. By the time I noticed, it was past me and I didn't have a chance to give the driver a thumbs up. :cry:

I missed it. I was going north on the 405 at about that same time in that same place.

Stoaty said:
Saw a blue Leaf on the 405 going South just past the 101 at 6:40 PM tonite. By the time I noticed, it was past me and I didn't have a chance to give the driver a thumbs up. :cry:

Do all you LEAFers (LEAVES?) use the waze app? We should all join a LEAF club while driving... I'll bet the sightings will be more frequent :cool:

Saw a silver Leaf at 5:25pm yesterday in downtown Bellevue, right in front of the Expedia building as I came out (NE 4th and 108th Ave). I pointed and gave a thumbs up, but I couldn't see the driver because of the reflection on the window, so no idea if they saw me. Hopefully they didn't think I was flipping them off... :)

Saw a silver LEAF today at about 1:30 PM at Mission Valley Chili's on Camino Del Rio North (near Fairmount Ave.) in San Diego.

Nice looking license plate frames, rear said "Dump the Pump" and front said "It's 100% Electric"

Leaving the Woodland Hills Warner Center Marriott Hotel parking structure this afternoon in our own red Leaf we passed a parked red Leaf that already had its license plates (framed by a Chicago Cubs license frame) and hov access stickers. We've already seen another (blue) Leaf parked at the Kaiser on Erwin St. in our neighborhood, and apparently there's one more (see the sighting at P.F. Chang's noted above). So there are probably at least 4 in Woodland Hills. That still doesn't match what we saw when we visited relatives in Palo Alto. There are two within 3 blocks of my sister-in-law's house and we counted 5 on a single drive to Mountain View. Anyway, we're still keeping an eye out for the other blue leaf.

White Leaf in Burbank at Olive and Verdugo 8:10 Am. Man with glasses driving. Again, I was working so no way to get attention of driver.

Back