Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berlino said:
GregH said:
Has anyone ever seen more than 284 Gids on a 2013?

In someone's signature they mention peaking at > 290 Gids after ~6k miles, but I can't search for that now. I think 97.3% (or 97.2999%) is the max SOC%.
97.2999% sounds familiar.

GregH said:
Berlino said:
GregH said:
Has anyone ever seen more than 284 Gids on a 2013?

In someone's signature they mention peaking at > 290 Gids after ~6k miles, but I can't search for that now. I think 97.3% (or 97.2999%) is the max SOC%.
97.2999% sounds familiar.

Top SOC 97.2
See my signature. I have a 2013 and started out with very high gids and Ahr 67.36 until this month. Ahr now 66.71 gids 283.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-20-16-29-45.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-20-16-29-45.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_2013-10-01-06-17-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-01-06-17-54.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 193
The brake screen is not working for me at all. The connected code changes to 167, but there are no updates to the screen.

Is there any way to see charging amps into the pack using LeafSpy?

The Devices to Monitor Battery State and Driving Efficiency thread says that it's possible, and I know some of the dedicated displays can do it, but I can't seem to find it in the LeafSpy app. I would find this very useful to be able to tell when a QC has started tapering or if an L2 has been de-rated (like some of the Blinks have.

At the very least, I noticed there is the watt-hour counter that increments negatively when charging. Perhaps this could be used to present a calculated charging power (in Watts) if the other raw data isn't availble.

I just got LeafSpy, and used it for the first time this past weekend. I would have never attempted the trip without it. The last 5 miles were on country roads, no shoulders (and all below VLBW), and I pulled into the QC in town with just 13 gids left. That would have been an uncomfortable journey without the extra info that LeafSpy provided.

Thanks to Turbo3 for a great app.

--G

gmikol said:

The Devices to Monitor Battery State and Driving Efficiency thread says that it's possible, and I know some of the dedicated displays can do it, but I can't seem to find it in the LeafSpy app. I would find this very useful to be able to tell when a QC has started tapering or if an L2 has been de-rated (like some of the Blinks have.

At the very least, I noticed there is the watt-hour counter that increments negatively when charging. Perhaps this could be used to present a calculated charging power (in Watts) if the other raw data isn't availble.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, that it would be nice to be able to track how much is coming into the pack from public chargers (not all of them give us that info) and I was thinking I could do some sort of manual calculation based on the watt counter number change to get a rough ballpark figure. But if we could have a field show us that, that would be very nice indeed.

vrwl said:
gmikol said:

I was thinking the same thing the other day, that it would be nice to be able to track how much is coming into the pack from public chargers (not all of them give us that info) and I was thinking I could do some sort of manual calculation based on the watt counter number change to get a rough ballpark figure. But if we could have a field show us that, that would be very nice indeed.

you can reset the wattage meter that is on screen 4 but then you have to take into consideration the efficiency of the charger. I have been tracking that info with an AV charger (which does show the amount of power as it goes in) and determining a rough percentage based on GID gain. next time I gather data, I will reset the wattage meter as well to see how that compares

Hi, I have a question regarding the Logfile. I have been running Leaf Spy for about 5 days now, and have set the logging options in the app to write an entry every 5 minutes, but when I copy over the logfile, BatLog.csv, there is only one entry. This is the file that is in the LEAF_BT_CAN folder of my Nexus 5 phone.

When I have the app running when driving car, I can check settings, and the section for the logfile shows that it has written entries into the logfile. This number increments as it should. However, it appears nothing gets written to the logfile.

I've gone on multiple trips today, and nothing appears to get written to the file.

does anyone have any insight?

I'm running Leaf Spy v0.28.13

Thanks !

timba33 said:
Hi, I have a question regarding the Logfile. I have been running Leaf Spy for about 5 days now, and have set the logging options in the app to write an entry every 5 minutes, but when I copy over the logfile, BatLog.csv, there is only one entry. This is the file that is in the LEAF_BT_CAN folder of my Nexus 5 phone.

When I have the app running when driving car, I can check settings, and the section for the logfile shows that it has written entries into the logfile. This number increments as it should. However, it appears nothing gets written to the logfile.

I've gone on multiple trips today, and nothing appears to get written to the file.

Thanks !

have you looked at the file itself? because it will have all log entries for the time since you started. if you check it, you should see the file size growing

Dave, nope. only one entry from 1/12/2014 17:11, probably the first time I connected via bluetooth to the ELM scanner. Nothing else. the app shows that the log entries increment, but nothing gets written. everything else works great. tire pressure, voltages, etc..

Android v4.4.2 Nexus 5.

DaveinOlyWA said:
gmikol said:

you can reset the wattage meter that is on screen 4 but then you have to take into consideration the efficiency of the charger. I have been tracking that info with an AV charger (which does show the amount of power as it goes in) and determining a rough percentage based on GID gain. next time I gather data, I will reset the wattage meter as well to see how that compares
Right...the data is already available. At minimum, all I'm asking is to see it presented in a different way. It would be trivial to compute the charging power (as seen by the car) based on this data. Ideally, I'd love to see the real amps and volts of the pack. Volts is available, if only by adding up the individual cell voltages that the app is already reading. Don't know about amps. I'm hoping that people with more knowledge than I have could comment as to whether this data is actually available, and whether Turbo3 would like to add those functions (e.g. tap on the Wh counter to get watts instead)

--G

timba33 said:

Thanks !
Try rebooting your phone and then read the file. Some versions of Android have trouble updating the directory entry for the file.

Turbo, yes, phone reboot did the trick. now the file is much larger and has all the entries.

Also, I can confirm, that in order to get the latest logfile updates from the phone, a power cycle of the phone is necessary, so in essence, a phone reboot is required before you can copy over the latest BatLog.csv data. Otherwise, the contents of the BatLog.csv are up until the last reboot of the phone.

FYI - I have Nexus 5, running Android v4.4.2

interesting...

And thank you for the work you put into Leaf Spy. Very impressive.

-Tim

I dont have to reboot my phone. In fact its been a while since the last restart of any kind on mine like at least a week or more. Now I just uploaded a file last night. Havent looked at it yet but it was over 500 k so guessing its mostly there

This is when I plug phone into the PC to copy over the logfile. I then open in Excel. I have to reboot the phone if I want the latest data. It seems the phone or the app doesn't release the latest data that was written to the logfile without a phone reboot.

I have not problem opening the file directly on the phone using an Android file mananager app (Astro File Manager)

timba33 said:
This is when I plug phone into the PC to copy over the logfile. I then open in Excel. I have to reboot the phone if I want the latest data. It seems the phone or the app doesn't release the latest data that was written to the logfile without a phone reboot.

I have not problem opening the file directly on the phone using an Android file mananager app (Astro File Manager)

seems to me the log file should be updated as soon as the LEAF Spy app is closed.

DaveinOlyWA said:
timba33 said:

seems to me the log file should be updated as soon as the LEAF Spy app is closed.
Log files are closed after each update (line). You can read any time and see new data by doing a refresh of the file.

I like ES3 which lets you link to a dropbox so I no longer need to connect a cable to move files to my PC. Faster and easier.

timba33 said:

You might try going into manage apps and forcing Leaf Spy to close as Android normally does not kill an app. It only puts it to sleep. This behavior is phone/android version specific. All my app can do is close the file which is what it does. For most devices that works just fine.

If it works, killing the app is faster than rebooting your phone each time you want to transfer a file using the USB cable.

Turbo. Thanks. I'll just close the app in settings. Also will get a better file manager to upload the logfile to my dropbox. Didn't think of that.

Keep up the good work. The app is excellent!

timba33 said:
Turbo. Thanks. I'll just close the app in settings. Also will get a better file manager to upload the logfile to my dropbox. Didn't think of that.

Keep up the good work. The app is excellent!

agreed. cant recommend dropbox enough. they supposedly had some sort of glitch last week as i saw random reports around the country on FB but I never saw it on my end. the reason I like it is instant access (or near instant) to all the files from every device that has dropbox installed. best way ever to move files from computer to phone and vice versa

Back