Leaf depreciation. Ouch!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmermd said:
...Were not planning on selling any time soon, perhaps the car will enter collector status and it will start going up before we sell.
Now that is optimism :!: :D
Planning to wait to 2036 to sell :?:

palmermd said:
In nearly 4 years of ownership we've never done QC. If they actually had any in place in a few key locations we may have used it, but for the most part there are not any that help us...
You've never driven your LEAF to the Bay area on a day trip, charging DC?

Why not?

I value my time. There were not any working ones for most of the last 4 years, so I take my Prius (JDAP as Tony says). If there were a working reliable network of chargers I probably would have.

TimLee said:
palmermd said:
...Were not planning on selling any time soon, perhaps the car will enter collector status and it will start going up before we sell.
Now that is optimism :!: :D
Planning to wait to 2036 to sell :?:

I intended to keep my 2011 for a long time and thought after 10 years or so the value would stabilize. Unfortunately, a driver who failed to stop for a red light ruined my collector car (see my post earlier in this thread).

Gerry

QC is another option that enhances the usability of the LEAF. If you have not used it or have ever needed to use it, that is great. Probably the fruits of very organized planning. I rarely use it but still consider it invaluable. its like medical insurance. haven't even had a cold in 2+ years but dropping my coverage is not an option... just like an EV without quick charge... simply not an option

Unfortunately, I suspect the price will eventually stabilize just above salvage value unless it has a new battery and decent capacity...

GerryAZ said:
I intended to keep my 2011 for a long time and thought after 10 years or so the value would stabilize. Unfortunately, a driver who failed to stop for a red light ruined my collector car (see my post earlier in this thread).

TomT said:
Unfortunately, I suspect the price will eventually stabilize just above salvage value unless it has a new battery and decent capacity...

GerryAZ said:

I anticipated a battery replacement or two, but it would still have been inexpensive transportation over the long term with my off peak electric rates for charging. Unfortunately, I am taking a big loss because there are so many 2011 and 2012 LEAFs just off lease and sitting on used car lots (especially in California). Car fax reports on all that I see advertised in Phoenix are missing annual battery tests so likely no battery warranty even with low mileage. I have a new SL on order.

Gerry

TomT said:

GerryAZ said:

that is what I am hoping. So I can nab another one or two :)

Back