June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ETD is changing continuously. My heart cannot tolerate from it. Does Nissan do its work effectively in terms of updating ETD in this way? Any input about what happened will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Reserved: 05/18/2010

Order: 01/13/2011

Date Updated in DB: ETD

02/18/2011: April 2011
02/26/2011: May 2011
03/18/2011: Pending
04/08/2011: June 2011
04/16/2011: July 2011
06/08/2011: Wk of June 29, 2011
06/09/2011: Wk of June 30, 2011
06/11/2011: Wk of July 1, 2011
06/12/2011: Wk of June 29, 2011
06/14/2011: Wk of July 5, 2011

JPVLeaf said:
704hov1095 said:
You could get L1 to work in your scenario. Just depends on how patient you are, if you plan to keep driving at 75-80 mph, and if you don't mind being plugged into L1 every hour that you are not driving (or thereabouts). At best, L1 will be limiting for your type of commute. For me, I realized I'm not as patient as I thought I'd be. Now that I have my car, I want to drive it as much as possible. L1 trickle-charging just makes that harder to do. :cool:

I should have indicated that my L2 EVSE dock (AV) was just installed and I will charge overnight before commuting to work. I have a 120V plug just outside my office so trickling back to 75-80% will allow me to return home without anxiety. I almost never need my car during the work day.

This all assumes the dang car ever arrives. Fortunately, for most of us wed to the hov lane, the 5 freeway in OC is 20% less congested once school gets out, so I'll survive a week or longer in the regular lanes in July if I have to. It's the diminishing rebate money that is my current source of anxiety. $5K going to $2.5K (and waiting 6+ mos) means a lot to some of us.

Otto

704hov1095 said:
JPVLeaf said:
You could get L1 to work in your scenario. Just depends on how patient you are, if you plan to keep driving at 75-80 mph, and if you don't mind being plugged into L1 every hour that you are not driving (or thereabouts). At best, L1 will be limiting for your type of commute. For me, I realized I'm not as patient as I thought I'd be. Now that I have my car, I want to drive it as much as possible. L1 trickle-charging just makes that harder to do. :cool:
I should have indicated that my L2 EVSE dock (AV) was just installed and I will charge overnight before commuting to work. I have a 120V plug just outside my office so trickling back to 75-80% will allow me to return home without anxiety.
Oh, well, Hey. That makes a big difference. It should be much more doable then. Now that I have access to 240V, I am slowly working my freeway speeds back up, learning what the range capacity is at steadily increasing commuting speeds. Though I must say, there is something quite relaxing about cruising at 65-70 mph ... yet knowing I can step on it and accelerate when I feel the urge.

704hov1095 said:
This all assumes the dang car ever arrives. Fortunately, for most of us wed to the hov lane, the 5 freeway in OC is 20% less congested once school gets out, so I'll survive a week or longer in the regular lanes in July if I have to. It's the diminishing rebate money that is my current source of anxiety. $5K going to $2.5K (and waiting 6+ mos) means a lot to some of us.
Yes, so true. I hear you. Yet another reason to look forward to the summer months. :)

June 14th was an interesting day....

Last week my "week of June 17th" was pushed back another week to "June 24th"
C-S "it's in Long Beach waiting for accessories" (= floor mats )

I've not had a single personal email or phone call from Nissan since 7/2010, inc no RAQ, so I have to check my dashboard regularly, and this morning it showed i was pushed back to the FOLLOWING week (...of June 28th).
C-S "I don't see any update except your delivery is projected to be week of June 28th. Oh, and your dealer has been invoiced for the car. He might have more information"

8:40am Leon at Mossy Nissan confirmed he had been invoiced, and suggested the car was likely to arrive before the end of THIS week. Yeah!!
10:03am, call from Leon "your car's here, now !!"

..... it arrived the same day my dash went from 10 days away to 14 days away.

The purchase process at Mossy Nissan in Kearny Mesa went smoothly. But what the heck is the point of Nissan even having a Customer Service if they have no clue where their cars are? And what's the point of the dashboard getting any more precise on delivery than "month of". I know a lot of us would gladly settle for it being less specific, but more reliable.

Obviously happy to finally have the car, and I hope those remaining who ordered before me (late November) will very soon able to take possession of theirs.

Shaun

WTF Nissan, my dashboard said week of June 14th this morning.

I called CS earlier today and they say it's "in transit" and there are no issues.

Now I check this evening and it says week of June 27th.

For me, its been going back n forth between June 29th and July 1st. Now it is July 5th for me. I hope I will get my car before it is too late for the CA rebate.

arnolddeleon said:

I called CS earlier today and they say it's "in transit" and there are no issues.

Based on my experience, it means nothing. i don't know whey they even bother changing the date on the dash, or even specifying a day or week.
If they left it at "month of XXXX" most would be right (after post Tsunami adjustment).
Fingers crossed.

My dashboard Estimated delivery date is "Week of June 14". I called dealer yesterday, and he says he has not seen the car. Nissan chat says that car "has been invoiced to the dealer and is showing in the dealers inventory". So I wait..........

Miracles do happen. My dashboard, previously saying week of June 21, changed to week of June 17 this am. I called my dealer and the car is IN (along with 2 others), being prepped today and I expect to pick it up tomorrow. What a process and those of us this late still will have to sweat out the CA rebate chase.

I should add, as someone who reserved early April and ordered early September, that hardly anyone has waited longer than I have. I suspect I was one of the 100+ who got passed over in the Nissan orders shuffle. If I get my car without pollen damage or whatever that legend is all about, my rebate, and my hov stickers without much delay, I am OK--not happy, not pleased, but OK. I'll repost tomorrow after the hoped-for delivery.

My Leaf was delivered to Premier Nissan on June 6. I reserved on June 26, 2010 and accepted the dealer quote on February 23. I'm guessing that the vehicle was manufactured in early May; that's when I received an email notification and the delivery date changed from a month to a specific week.

Overall, I'm fairly happy with the experience, although the quality of Nissan's dealer network could be better. I also found the quote process not transparent enough and was only getting quotes at or close to MSRP.

I did not realize until much later from members on this forum that better prices have been successfully negotiated and could easily have been obtained. I'm particularly disappointed with the experience I had at Boardwalk Nissan, Dirito Brothers and Stevens Creek. I would have expected them to be much better. I settled on Premier Nissan out of desperation, since the clock was ticking for the CA EV rebate. I did not expect much from them and they have mildly surpassed my low expectations. I wish I had heard of Northbay Nissan before, my experience with them so far has been excellent.

surfingslovak said:
My Leaf was delivered to Premier Nissan on June 6. I reserved on June 26, 2010 and accepted the dealer quote on February 23. ....
Happy you got your car, but you do realize how painful those dates look for the likes of 704hov1095.

gbshaun said:
surfingslovak said:
My Leaf was delivered to Premier Nissan on June 6. I reserved on June 26, 2010 and accepted the dealer quote on February 23. ....
Happy you got your car, but you do realize how painful those dates look for the likes of 704hov1095.
What do you want him to do? Fall on his sword?
I see no point to these incessant, "I'm happy for you, but it sucks for others" responses to people's happy news.

Zhaohui said:
My ETD is changing continuously. My heart cannot tolerate from it. Does Nissan do its work effectively in terms of updating ETD in this way? Any input about what happened will be highly appreciated.

Exactly the same as my saga though I ordered 1/11. Who is your dealer? I am with Northbay Nissan. My dealer's dashboard was 7/1 at the start and I have not checked back since the dates started fluctuating wildly. It really does not seem like it should be this hard. One wonders how and why these daily fluctuations are warranted.

I did not mean to put salt into anyone's wounds and this post was not supposed to sound celebratory by any measure. I'm simply recounting my personal experience for the record. I was not able to order until early February and had to call Nissan to find out that they have been waiting for me to schedule home assessment by AeroVironment. I was kicking myself that I wasted unnecessary time, paid the $100 and received an exorbitant quote (~ $6.7K).

I requested a quote from Dirito Brothers whom I held in high esteem and was underwhelmed. I proceeded to request additional quotes, and the process was dragging on. Nobody seemed to be willing to match Nissan's promotional lease offer for the Leaf and I pulled the emergency brake and changed the request to a base model in stock blue with no options. I figured that this would increase the likelihood of a dealer matching Nissan's advertised lease and the mo options configuration could make it more likely that the car would be delivered in July. I assumed that the CA EV rebates would be exhausted by mid year and I would not have taken delivery in that case. I didn't know anything about the a wait list or additional funding. I assumed that if the funds ran out, they would not be replenished and the rebate would not be available.

In the end, I paid more than I had to for the car, I settled on a dealer I did not particularly like or trust, I settled on a trim and options selection that was not my first choice and I did not expect that it would show up before July. I agree that the delivery was rather swift once the order was placed. I did not expect that, especially not after the earthquake. I've been watching eBay and local Craigslist as well and I was contemplating purchasing one of the orphans before the car showed up. Believe me, I have some idea of what it's like waiting for the car and not trusting the process. Although the delivery date oscillated and changed half a dozen times, it was fairly smooth in my case, especially when compared to some of the stories told on this forum. I wonder what the final verdict will be and how Nissan will fare overall based on how they treated the community of Leaf's early adopters.

detlefo said:
Zhaohui said:

Exactly the same as my saga though I ordered 1/11. Who is your dealer? I am with Northbay Nissan. My dealer's dashboard was 7/1 at the start and I have not checked back since the dates started fluctuating wildly. It really does not seem like it should be this hard. One wonders how and why these daily fluctuations are warranted.

My dealer is Boardwalk Nissan.

I called Nissan CS this AM, I was told that my car was not at the US port yet. However, last week, I was told that my car had been at US the port. Someone from Nissan told me if I had the VIN and were able to active Carwings, it suggested that car had been in US. Now all info confused me.

Any input about it?

Thanks.

davewill said:
gbshaun said:
surfingslovak said:
What do you want him to do? Fall on his sword?
I see no point to these incessant, "I'm happy for you, but it sucks for others" responses to people's happy news.
So I'm not allowed to give a brief "thumbs up" to one driver who's received his car and is sharing some of his experience, and commiserate with another who is still waiting?
Geeez, lighten up!
I'm sure others see no point in self-appointed forum police !!

gbshaun said:
So I'm not allowed to give a brief "thumbs up" to one driver who's received his car and is sharing some of his experience, and commiserate with another who is still waiting?
Geeez, lighten up!
I'm sure others see no point in self-appointed forum police !!
I think Dave was suggesting that you lighten up and leave the last part out of the reply to that particular poster. You can commiserate all you want elsewhere in the same thread. Of course, you do have the right to do whatever you want, but I agree with Dave that the way you did it served no useful purpose.

gbshaun said:
arnolddeleon said:

Based on my experience, it means nothing. i don't know whey they even bother changing the date on the dash, or even specifying a day or week.
If they left it at "month of XXXX" most would be right (after post Tsunami adjustment).
Fingers crossed.
You couldn't be more right. I went from April to May to June 17 to June 23, where it has been for weeks with no other information. I just got a call that it arrived at the dealer's today and that I can pick it up tomorrow.

Back