June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HIOJim said:
downeykp said:
My Leaf is at the Dealer getting a "Cut and Rub" to the paint to try and fix the after affects of being in LB for 2 months. They agreed that it was a problem and were willing to do the job. I will post when I get it back today to see if the problem is fixed.
Yes, please let us know how it looks after the process.

It looked really good at the dealer. The ambient daylight made it hard to tell if anything was better. It really looked fine. I got it home in the garage at looked at the places that I knew would be a problem and low and behold, it really looked the same. So it really didn't help. At this point I think I will just not worry about it. I wouldn't know where to go from here.
On the bright side, I just got an advance replacement option upgraded ver.2 EVSE from Phil. It only took 2 days from order to delivery. It is charging the car now. I mounted it on the wall and it works perfectly. I am not sure why anyone would buy anything else.

I don't know how common this is, but my PD (Puente Hills Nissan) has 3 LEAFs for sale right now, two Silver SL's and a Blue SV. I saw them on the website (after wife said she saw them on the roof). Sadly, I'm still waiting for my White SL with a 4xxx VIN...

Checked my dashboard this morning and my "week of" got pushed back from June 3 to June 17.
My journey to date has been:
Pending May
Pending June
Week of June 8
Week of June 9
Week of June 3, and as of this morning...
Week of June 17

Silly as this sounds, I feel as if I'm waiting for my phone to ring...hoping it's the dealership telling me to come pick up my Leaf. Sigh.......

onlyjaymoo said:
I don't know how common this is, but my PD (Puente Hills Nissan) has 3 LEAFs for sale right now, two Silver SL's and a Blue SV. I saw them on the website (after wife said she saw them on the roof).
Fwiw, I happen to know of three Leafs being delivered to an outfit in DBar this afternoon
by the same PH Nissan. However, I believe all three are SL's ... two white and one blue. :|

I picked up my Blue SL (3651) last night at Premier Nissan of San Jose. John Choi was great, and the car is way more fun to drive than I expected! Had some fun last night, but kept it close to 60mph for my 27 mile commute (90% freeway) this morning, where I averaged 4.6 mi/kWh (dash). Driving style was the same as I have been using in my Civic Hybrid; smooth, gradual acceleration and constant pedal pressure in cruise. I used almost 4 bars, so my average was around 6.75 miles/bar. I charged to 100% last night, but it looks like I should have no problem joining the 80% club most days.

Here's the final 'route' I followed to get to my LEAF. Condolences to those who ordered before me and are still waiting :oops:

Reserved: 9/11/2010
Ordered: 2/27/2011
DB history: pending -> Month of May -> Week of June 9 -> Week of June 7 -> Week of June 8
Manufacture date: 4/2011
7-day email: 6/4/2011
Delivery: 6/9/2011
Order to delivery: ~3.5 months

Spreadsheet update has been submitted.

SparkyEV said:
Condolences to those who ordered before me and are still waiting :oops:
Indeed. Especially those of us who will lose $2500 as a result of your luck.

Thanks for having the courage to share, though...we need everyone's numbers to keep the spreadsheet accurate.

Congrats on getting my blue LEAF... :mrgreen:

ahagge said:
...Congrats on getting my blue LEAF... :mrgreen:
Well, that was rude, even with a smiley. I really think this kind of thing has got to stop. SparkyEV did nothing wrong and raining on his parade isn't doing anyone any good.

Congrats, SparkyEV!

ahagge said:
Congrats on getting my blue LEAF... :mrgreen:

YOUR leaf? Are you saying that Nissan ignoring reservation/order timing and using some arbitrary scheme with no good logic behind it to designate who gets cars and when to buyers cause a leaf that would have gone to you to go to someone else?

So do you want to take a guess how many people in the forgotten 36 reserved before you? Hm....
Guess that's "diffferent" though.

Nissan has been opaque with their process to the detriment of some (and benefit of others) right from the start. The general response from this forum to people in the forgotten 36 complaining has always been basically that they had no standing for complaint. I fail to see how Nissan's arbitrary order decisions here are really substantively different than they have been from the start.

davewill said:
ahagge said:
Well, that was rude, even with a smiley. I really think this kind of thing has got to stop. SparkyEV did nothing wrong and raining on his parade isn't doing anyone any good.

Congrats, SparkyEV!

Thanks guys. I understand the frustration, so I don't take it personally :)

SparkyEV said:
davewill said:
ahagge said:

Congrats, SparkyEV!

Thanks guys. I understand the frustration, so I don't take it personally :)

Dave: well said, Jeez people, it's only a friggin car. Lighten up.
Congrats, SparkyEV!

davewill said:
ahagge said:
While I am thrilled to get my Leaf this weekend, I am not sure I will report the replacement VIN, in case Nissan stole it from someone else on the board.

Stoaty said:
While I am thrilled to get my Leaf this weekend, I am not sure I will report the replacement VIN, in case Nissan stole it from someone else on the board.
It's not 1995 is it? That was mine that was sitting at port since March. That would be ironic if you got that VIN while the one I swapped it for is still at the port!

SparkyEV said:
Reserved: 9/11/2010
Ordered: 2/27/2011
DB history: pending -> Month of May -> Week of June 9 -> Week of June 7 -> Week of June 8
Manufacture date: 4/2011
7-day email: 6/4/2011
Delivery: 6/9/2011
Order to delivery: ~3.5 months

Spreadsheet update has been submitted.

Congrats! My timeline would have looked almost exactly like yours had 2 things happened. 1) if I had been better prepared for my first RAQ (the dealer was a huuuge a-hole and tried to tell me "no one pays less than MSRP" to which I told him that was a lie and walked out of the dealership, called my current PD and got $1,800 off msrp)
2) had the DB not gotten screwed up twice [first was problem with changing dealers second was with the DB showing I could order a SL-e]

Again, congrats! I'm only kicking myself harder for not being more prepared :-( August needs to come sooner!

lonndoggie said:
Stoaty said:
It's not 1995 is it? That was mine that was sitting at port since March. That would be ironic if you got that VIN while the one I swapped it for is still at the port!
No, my replacement VIN is in the high 3000's--definitely not a Pollen car.

Mine went from June 17 to June 23. Grr. No email.

And, yeah, I'm one of the "reserved 4/21/10" guys who didn't get to order until 12/1/10, and still don't have a car :-(

>>> And, yeah, I'm one of the "reserved 4/21/10" guys who didn't get to order until 12/1/10, and ...

Me too. Picked up my LEAF today. I hope yours is coming soon too. Guess I'll be moving over to the owners forum now. I hope I see you all there soon.

By the way, I saw on one of the forums, "Don't buy red, you'll never get it." Well, mine is red.

Back