Have January Orders Opened Up Yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jlaw, I am guessing, but i believe that between 2,000 and 2,500 January dashboards will be opening before yours will open. It will probably take about another two weeks for yours to open.

evnow said:
Did you get surveyed by AV - get an estimate from them - accept the estimate ? Or get a waiver ?

How about others ? That was a major hold up for Aug/Sept orders.

AV came out and did a survey and I have an estimate from them, but I can't place the order for my EVSE until I've placed the order for the car. At least that's what the dashboard is telling me.

stanley said:
Mclusty, Your dashboard should open by next week. Between May15 and 18 about 2,500 to 3,000 people reserved Leafs. Probably around 1200 to1500 of these occured on May 15. Nissan opens about 200 a day and appears to have started opening January dashboards yesterday. The timing for you depends on whether you reserved early or late on the 15th
I reserved on July 2, yet have a January order date. Perhaps January, 2012? :lol: Guess I won't be holding my breath for the dashboard to open up.

Mclusty, It is likely your Dashboard will open early next week. A reservation time of 2:40 is early relative to when Nissan sent out their invitations for people to reserve. My reservation time in San Diego was around 2:20. I`m guessing that Nissan started opening dashboards with May15 orders in Oregon on thursday and then went to the San Diego market on friday. It looks like they are opening ordering by market. The preference order for manufacture and delivery is by both time and market

I reserved May 30, so it will probably be a couple weeks before mine opens... though my dashboard still says ETEC application pending (site visit was Dec 21, approval mail from the contractor was Dec 30), no idea how long it takes Nissan to process the approval.

San Francisco Bay Area, Reservation complete email at 12:12 5/15 CA time, dashboard opened up early morning (CA time) Jan 7th email received from Nissan mid morning (9-10 AM).
I had waived the AV charger long time ago and the waiver did not appear on my dashboard until my dashboard opened up yesterday, exactly as the Nissan rep told me when I asked for the waiver.
Quote received from dealer will accept it today.

MsLusty said:
AV came out and did a survey and I have an estimate from them, but I can't place the order for my EVSE until I've placed the order for the car. At least that's what the dashboard is telling me.
Did you accept the estimate (you can also ask for a waiver and get it installed on your own if the estimate is high).

The quote you guys are receiving from Nissan Dealerships...are they quoting you the MSRP price? Not sure if there are any dealerships offering below MSRP, since supply is so limited.

ybitz said:
The quote you guys are receiving from Nissan Dealerships...are they quoting you the MSRP price? Not sure if there are any dealerships offering below MSRP, since supply is so limited.
Where are you ? I know that most of the dealers who were offering discounts earlier are still offering discounts.

evnow said:
ybitz said:
Where are you ? I know that most of the dealers who were offering discounts earlier are still offering discounts.

San Diego, CA

ybitz, i also ordered with Leon the GM at Mossy Nissan. He gives us all the same good discount without the need to haggle. He is honest, candid and immediately responds to calls. He even watches your order on his dashboard for any changes in information.

stanley said:
ybitz, i also ordered with Leon the GM at Mossy Nissan. He gives us all the same good discount without the need to haggle. He is honest, candid and immediately responds to calls. He even watches your order on his dashboard for any changes in information.

What Stanley said: I agree 100%. I ordered from Leon Kamins yesterday. :)

evnow said:
Did you accept the estimate (you can also ask for a waiver and get it installed on your own if the estimate is high).

All I got is "we'll contact you via email to let you know when you can take action on your quote" (at the bottom of the page when reviewing the quote in the dashboard). I never got any email.

Woohoo! My dashboard opened up this morning! I've submitted my RAQ to Boardwalk. I'm already on their list for the promised discount.

Back