Has Gudy's ship come in?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimeHorse said:
palmermd said:
I suggest Nissan put a tab on the dashboard that shows us which ship we should be tracking, that way we don't have to blame them for the shifting dates, but the ship is responsible.

+1

Anyone know where the Favorite Ace is going to be on 1 Dec 2011; will it have my 2012 Red LEAF by then??

Hey Timehorse: I think the ship carrying your Leaf just departed the moon,and should be in port around October 2011. As soon as I can get a bead on her, I'll start tracking and let you know. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

derkraut said:
Hey Timehorse: I think the ship carrying your Leaf just departed the moon,and should be in port around October 2011. As soon as I can get a bead on her, I'll start tracking and let you know. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOL! :)

palmermd said:
ANDROMEDA SPIRIT is almost back to Japan, and its last known location was Los Angeles. This might have been the ship to carry Gudy's car. It is Nissans ship, unlike some of the others that have been listed. Not sure about timing since it does not say when it was in LA.

Andromeda Spirit is now done loading cars and is back out at sea. Perhaps some pending folks will see a change to a month.

Swan Ace has docked in SD. And, again grasping at straws a bit, a ship by the name of 'City of Olso' is steaming towards LB, currently sitting north-east of Santa Barbara island. I'm not saying that either of these has LEAFs on them, just that these are happenings off our shores in terms of vehicle carrying vessels.

mwalsh said:
Swan Ace has docked in SD. And, again grasping at straws a bit, a ship by the name of 'City of Olso' is steaming towards LB, currently sitting north-east of Santa Barbara island. I'm not saying that either of these has LEAFs on them, just that these are happenings off our shores in terms of vehicle carrying vessels.

Well, I may as well grasp at straws too. The Asian Glory is scheduled to dock at the Port of Hueneme today. It's a vehicle transport ship and WWL has a facility there that provides transport services for new cars. It seems this location would be a excellent choice if Nissan wanted to expedite the shipment of the Aug. 31 orders to the various dealerships in SoCal and up the coast to the Bay Area, OR and WA. It would also dovetail with WWBD's Performance Nissan since looks like it is just over an hour away from this harbor.

It appears the Asian Glory was ambushed and held hostage by Somali pirates this past June. Maybe they heard there were LEAFs on board!

ritikatootie said:
The Asian Glory is scheduled to dock at the Port of Hueneme today. It's a vehicle transport ship and WWL has a facility there that provides transport services for new cars.

I think that's grasping at more straws than we are. :lol: I've been to the W&W facility in Hueneme and I don't see it as being capable of handling the mass importation of new cars. I was also pretty much always under the impression that Hueneme was for Ro-Ro from Europe, and that all the southeast Asia stuff came into LB. I don't even think that SD is really a player, if I had to be completely honest. No, I think it'll be LB that sees all the cars for this coast and points east to at least Omaha (since they use UPRR for long distance transport).

mwalsh said:
I've been to the W&W facility in Hueneme and I don't see it as being capable of handling the mass importation of new cars.
The google map of Hueneme has a LOT of new cars on the lots.

mwalsh said:
I was also pretty much always under the impression that Hueneme was for Ro-Ro from Europe
Ro-Ro?

mwalsh said:
I don't even think that SD is really a player, if I had to be completely honest.
Lots of cars on the SD dock parking lots, too.

Well, let me know if any ships carying LEAFs dock in Baltimore Harbor! Might be an excuse to drive the 50 miles to see it. :) Of course, one has to wonder where the Tennessee LEAFs will come in. I wouldn't be surprised if they still came in Long Beach and then just freighted them across country since the Panama canal isn't convenient and now's not yet the time for that North West Passage… soon, though, unless we can get more Polar Bears to hug us!

Oh my goodness, the City of Oslo is on this side of Catalina Island? Is this a direct effect of global warming? What will we do with all those Norwegians? :shock:

Gonna be a long time til we see Leaf's at Dundalk

I would have mine shipped here Fedex if I could

that might not make it thru Hazmat though with 600 lbs of lithium :|

City of Oslo is about 2 miles out, heading directly into the LA port. I bet MWalsh's blue LEAF is on that ship, along with many others!! I can't believe you can actually watch this ship arrive!

Nissan's website lists a bunch of their ships as Some Type of Spirit, Some Type of Ace, and City of Somewhere. There's always the possibility that it is simply not completely up to date with all of their ships names. At least we can hope...

LakeLeaf said:
Nissan's website lists a bunch of their ships as Some Type of Spirit, Some Type of Ace, and City of Somewhere. There's always the possibility that it is simply not completely up to date with all of their ships names. At least we can hope...

Possible. It's certainly sailing down the right channel to heading for Nissan's dock!

Back