February delivery == Atlantic Spirit?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Frontier Ace is docked in Oppama now.

The Nissei is also back in port. That seems to be a local transport. If cars are picked up at Oppama and dropped at Nissan World HQ before being transported to the US - it may be one of the ships doing that local route.

Fabio, thanks and congrats!! 424 is a significant jump from Evnow`s 303. March deliveries are picking up compared to the poor showing in February

Nissei is now in north Tokyo Bay - at what I think is the dock at that services Nissan HQ.

Whatever is at that location - probably worthwhile also watching that spot to see what other ships dock there in case the Leafs are being transported twice.

When CARWINGS opens on your "dashboard" (DB), you can see your VIN.

Possibly your VIN assignment and perhaps an approaching ship arrival date trigger your CARWINGS to become enabled.

The last 6 digits of the VIN are the vehicle's "Serial Number", with the highest reported-here LEAF number being 000532, or just #532 for short.

The Favorite Ace is shown with a destination of Suez. Wonder if that means it's going to stop in Egypt, or continue through the canal for some of Europe's deliveries. Those Iranian battleships better clear the locks in time for our ship to pass!

rnkepler said:
Have these boats headed for LA actually been seen docked at Oppama before leaving Japan?

I've posted all of the boats I've seen docked at Oppama. Frontier Ace wasn't one of them - but I don't watch the port 24x7.

It's not clear to me that the initial trickle of Leafs has actually shipped directly from Oppama - haven't seen the ships that we think delivered to LA stop at Oppama - but rather at Nissan HQ in north Tokyo Bay. It's possible that the initial trickle of cars were moved from Oppama to HQ, then shipped to LA. It's also possible that I just missed the loading. It doesn't take much time to load a few cars onto a ship. Those ships get in and out of port pretty fast. Also - the tracking software calls a whole lot of ports "Yokohama" - there doesn't seem to be a designation specifically for Oppama.

I speculate that if we see a shipment of a few thousand car, we should see a ship in Oppama for a number of hours as I don't see why they would double ship a few thousand cars.

Yeah, the tracking software doesn't even have Yokosuka separate from Yokohama. I've noticed that most of the ships going to Oppama have the destination YOS OP, or something like that, once they get through the Uraga Channel. To bad we don't have access to the AIS database. Apparently you need to setup an AIS receiver to get free access to it. It should be fairly easy to write some software that could notify you that a cargo ship was docked at either Oppama or HQ.

Back