First Leaf delivery in Seattle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBlueLeaf

I think the event is indoors, at least in part. I expect it will be very similiar to the Phoenix event. I sure would like to know which dealer got the sale though.

Different topic - sooo... it turns out the inspector was wrong and we do not need a emergency shut off for the EVSE within sight of the unit. After a discussion between the inspector and the electrician, they determined that their is no requirement. I have the details from my electrician if your interested PM me.

I should get final inspection tomorrow morning and have that closed up.

Curious - is anyone in Seattle area showing their dashboard with EVSE Home Assessment showing something different than "eTec application accepted?

My CarWings tab finally is checked off this morning so that is good. Just want to see the home charger installation checked off. I'm not applying for financing or doing a trade in so those items.. not sure what to do with them.

Oh - and at the event on Friday, please say Hi.

Me: - killed my pic. I can't compare to you lovely guys..

I'll be there with wife and kids and would love to meet real people that are behind the names.

Patrick

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Oh - and at the event on Friday, please say Hi.

Me: -
1120718646_FvXqW-Th-1.jpg

I'll be there with wife and kids and would love to meet real people that are behind the names.

Patrick

I'll be there, look for me too!
george-clooney.jpg

I will be the guy in a black vancouver hat with a red maple leaf.

That would be funny if it was outdoors....but i doubt even some NW outsiders would even consider that in the winter. It rains every day in seattle, right?

IBELEAF said:
Anyone knows what to expect on this event? I am contemplating whether to go or not...
Checkout SD & Arizona events. It should be similar.

The weather for tomorrow shows no rain (20% chance).

IBELEAF said:
Anyone knows what to expect on this event? I am contemplating whether to go or not...

Just got back from the Portland event. I thought it was pretty nice. They had fancy appetizer type foods, an open bar, and some delicious desserts. They had one LEAF to check out, and easy access to Mark Perry and others for any questions you might have. There was only a very short little presentation (less than 5 minutes). But, our lone Oregon LEAF owner wasn't there. I assume if he were there, they would have done a bit more.
I'm glad I went.

>I sure would like to know which dealer got the sale though.<

I will be pretty surprised if it isn't Stadium. Nissan imported them just for this car (pretty much) ... and there's been a steady stream of politicians through it ever since.

However - the comments about the Portland event are interesting. I'm very surprised the first owner wasn't there -- I'd really have expected Nissan to "make it so", even if it meant shifting the car to someone who could be there. :roll:

evnow said:
IBELEAF said:
Checkout SD & Arizona events. It should be similar.

The weather for tomorrow shows no rain (20% chance).

No email about what to expect, where to go, parking, venue, etc..
I had this conversation with "Live Chat" this morning.

Friday, December 17, 2010 9:24:25 AM (12/17/2010 3:24:25 PM - GMT)
Welcome to EV Customer Support, Moderator will be right with you.
Moderator:
Thank you for contacting Nissan EV Customer Support. How may I help you today?
Me:
I was invited to attend the Seattle delivery event and was told more information would follow in an email. It is today but no information?
Moderator:
We appreciate your interest in the Nissan LEAF . I would be happy to help you with that.
Me:
thank you
Moderator:
One moment and I will check on that for you.
Moderator:
I do see that you have RSVPd already and that you will be bringing a guest with you. Is this correct?
Me:
yes it is, I would like to know if this is an indoor event or should we come prepared for the weather, what do we have to provide to get in,
Me:
should I get makeup and a new hair cut?
Moderator:
One moment, I am checking on this for you.
Me:
ok
Moderator:
I do believe that its at a hotel but i do not know if it is a dress function.
Me:
That seem different from what was originally stated: Seattle Art Museum Sculpture Park, which is an outdoor venue. Would you check for more details? I have to leave for work. Would you be able to send me the information in an email?
Moderator:
That is the venue that i have listed but I am unfamiliar with the venue.
Me:
Ok, I find the lack of detail a little troubling for those of us that have taken a big step on faith to purchase a technology that hasn't been around for a while.
Moderator:
Do you have any other questions for me today?
Me:
no

Visitor has ended the chat.

Looks like Leaf always brings out the Sunshine here. Both the first demo car tour and the test drive were sunny events. Today the Sun is out in full force ...

I was expecting a mail with details. Nothing yet ....

evnow said:
Looks like Leaf always brings out the Sunshine here. Both the first demo car tour and the test drive were sunny events. Today the Sun is out in full force ...

I was expecting a mail with details. Nothing yet ....

Hope your weather mojo is better than mine. When we test drove on Sunday it was rainy and gray.

I feel bad, looks like SeattleBlueLeaf, took my posting of my alter ego photo too seriously. My mug certainly would have caused the site to go down. Hope to make amends at the event tonight. :oops:

He looks pretty happy with his new LEAF. Congrats to Jon. Found the link on twitter.

http://jhoekstra.posterous.com/our-leaf-is-here

Lkmtleaf said:
He looks pretty happy with his new LEAF. Congrats to Jon. Found the link on twitter.

http://jhoekstra.posterous.com/our-leaf-is-here

Cool. Thx.

Jonathan Hoekstra
@JonHoekstraTNC
Science Lead, Gulf of Mexico Program, The Nature Conservancy
http://nature.org/atlas.

p33.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

UhClem said:
evnow said:
So, is Nissan not inviting people who haven't had the opportunity to order yet ?
January order date, no invite :cry:

Nissan only invited people that actually placed a RAQ/order. For ours, they invited 66 people, so now we know how many have ordered here.

Back