December Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kmp647 said:
WHAT A ROLLER COASTER :( :eek: ;) :) :eek: :( :) :D

You got that straight, Kevin!

kmp647 said:
SO Timehorse , think I can order a cold weather package car in december or not?

As far as 17511 trim, I'm confident but not certain. I'd judge a 70% chance of availability given my analysis of what they're saying in Japan, which also has inclement weather.

Ok so lets get it straight!

December orders are still on ?

you think we have a 70% chance we can order a cold weather car in december ?

I know I was told december order was still on by another chat person

and he was vague on the cold weather package

kmp647 said:
Ok so lets get it straight!

Agreed.

kmp647 said:
December orders are still on ?

Yes.

kmp647 said:
you think we have a 70% chance we can order a cold weather car in december ?

Yes.

kmp647 said:
I know I was told december order was still on by another chat person

Yes.

kmp647 said:
and he was vague on the cold weather package

Same story hear.

What I still dont get is: today is december 9th, if we are supposed to order by end of december, and you need assements doen before orders (unless somone does a waiver)

and we have xmas coming up........ how does leave time for orders in december?

And it's worse than that, because what with last-minute shipping of the EVSE by Aeroenvironment to all the December deliveries, not to mention the January ones, I don't see how they'd even have time to schedule assessments.

Yo', Nissan, you getting this. Aeroenvironment screwed up again.

Wah wah wah wah.

Well it really depends on if aero has setup installers yet in the DC MD va area

they dont need the evse yet, just to have made the contacts with the installers and certified/trained them

I would be surprised if any assesments get done in the next 2 weeks at this time of year

lots of contractors take time off last week of the year, no one much wants a contractor in the house at holiday time.

kmp647 said:
lots of contractors take time off last week of the year, no one much wants a contractor in the house at holiday time.

Which is why I'm very happy with W. H. Cullen Electric for coming out on the 20th!

And yo, Aeronveroment, Cullen is trained, or at least will be soon and the other 2 I dealt with seem well competent for at least an assessment.

For the AV "customers":
Before you can RAQ (and Order) you MUST either:
1. schedule an AV assessment, OR
2. Get Nissan CS to "enable" the AV waiver on your account.
There is NO NEED to have the AV assessment done BEFORE you Order. You may Order the SV or SL model.

For the EVProject "customers":
If you are not yet approved for the EVProject (with or without an EVP assessment visit), it MIGHT BE wise to enable the AV waiver on your account, if possible to do so. When you do order, choose an SL-with-QC model.
Keep working on EVProject to get you "approved" to be in the project. If you are "rejected", then you become an "AV-customer" (see above).

Yup , I know an assesmsnt isnt required for ordering, but that isnt common knowledge except among people "in the know" or on this forum.

Most cutomers who reserved and have been checking their dash occasionally "but not everyday like us and following a forum like this" would have no idea they can " get a waiver enabled" skip the assment and still order.

the point is its dec 9th and there isnt much time for an assesment if someone wanted one.
(I dont I asked for a waiver) I will prob get a Leviton, or CASH and carry an AV unit.

StrangerTides said:
Sorry if most already know, but where exactly in the official dashboard will the RAQ option be when it's enabled?

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/myAccount/index

And click "order your Nissan LEAF"; if your dashboard's been opened, it will not say:

Locked Dashboard said:
once you've reserved your Nissan LEAF, you'll be able to use this section of "my account" to work with your preferred Nissan dealer to determine your vehicle price and place an order for your Nissan LEAF.

kmp647 said:
they are puttin in your clipper creek?
I have my CS-100 sitting in a box in my garage at the moment and the electrician is scheduled for the 20th to run a 4-wire 125A from my 200A breaker to a 125A sub-panel in my garage and then a 3-wire 100A chord through armored external conduit to the CS-100, including mounting. He says the permits are already filed.

The title of this thread is somewhat misleading. Should this be merged with Dec orders thread or any title change suggestions ... ?

evnow said:
The title of this thread is somewhat misleading. Should this be merged with Dec orders thread or any title change suggestions ... ?
Originally, the idea of this thread was based on a rumor I was wrong about where all December orders were being pushed to January and thus at that time the title was correct as we were all just waiting for our December orders to take place in January so we were effectively January orders.

But as I said, that was incorrect (officially) so I personally so no problem with merging the threads and in fact would thank you for the effort. :)

kmp647 said:
timehorse, send your dealer letter here [email protected]

jsut send it like you sent it to the others dont mention me

I need to recraft my dealer letter and add the MSRP pledge info as well as ATTN: General Manager since I seem to be getting calls from the wrong people. I had a fruitful conversation with Fredrick Nissan in MD followed by a call-back in my car while driving that no doubt confused the heck out of the guy because I was going on and on about my and everyone esle's EVSE issue and Tax Brake brouhaha. Lesson to people who call me: it takes me a minute or two to figure out who you are if I can't see the Caller ID, such as when I'm driving, and so if I go off on an unexpected tangent, remind me again why you called and who you are so we can get that straight.

I've not got much to add for Fredrick Nissan based on the call, though. I'll do a quick writeup but I think the main issue for the Dealerships is they all have a VIP program which they see as their selling point and then its just a list of what that includes, most of which is free oil change. :lol:

But don't worry, I don't mention you in any correspondence. But Pohanka Fredricksburg will none the less be a special case since it'll be the only dealership I'll contact that is not LEAF certified. For instance, I'm not going to contact Dacars, one of the biggest car dealerships in Maryland, because they're not certified. But because of you and my Pohanka affinity I'll of course make an exception! :)

Back