December Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just confirmed with nissan online chat that I am in the December order group. I have asked for a waiver and they said they would enable it, however it would not be viewable in my dashboard until I receive permission to RAQ.

Somebody did post the "waiver" text over 2 months ago, but not necessary to waste your time.

It basically has you confirm that you are aware of the AV EVSE "deal", but are choosing to skip that (at least for now).

Nothing serious at all, just read a paragraph and check a checkbox.

during my chat on the waiver they wanted me to know that only aeroviroment, columb, and ecotality was approved. I mentioned I might: 1 get a Leviton, 2 get an SPX, or 3 purchase an AV unit and have my local electrician install.

kmp647 said:
during my chat on the waiver they wanted me to know that only aeroviroment, columb, and ecotality was approved. I mentioned I might: 1 get a Leviton, 2 get an SPX, or 3 purchase an AV unit and have my local electrician install.

Clipper Creek is saying they are LEAF comparable, but really, and J1772 nozzle with the standard pilot signal should work; I would be very surprised if it didn't!

By "approved" I assume Nissan means UL "Listed".

The biggest difference between being "Listed" and "working" is a legal liability issue. However, being "Listed" does not mean it that the one you get actually works.

garygid said:
By "approved" I assume Nissan means UL "Listed".
I am not so sure that that is what they meant. If it was ... they should also have mentioned ClipperCreek, which -- apparently -- they did not. So ... I think it's a Nissan internal "approved" list. Coulomb went out of their way (they have a big exposure) to get on that list. ClipperCreek did not make the same effort. (AV & ECOtality were automatic from prior arrangement.)

Lest the delivery excitement all but drowns out those of us in the 7 East-Coast states and District who've not even ordered yet and are scheduled to this month. I don't think any East Coast dashboards have opened yet; are there still some November orders pending? Are you guys out west getting any new people on your dashboards yet?

I just hope the news of the first East Coast orders doesn't get drown out in all the well-justified excitement for Gudy and the rest of the lucky 50, 100, 1000, whatever it is.

Also wonder if there will be any hoopla for the first LEAF delivery on this side of the Appalachians...

TimeHorse said:
Also wonder if there will be any hoopla for the first LEAF delivery on this side of the Appalachians...
The first LEAF in EACH state should get some sort of special recognition. Until ALL of them have their first one delivered :!: JMHO, mind you.

January orders thread; it turns out, there will be no delay in December orders according to the latest word from Patrick. I sincerely apologize for the misinformation. :oops:

Well I am soory to hear pushed back til January (end of january)

but very hapy to hear cold weather package will be able to order for us!

I did read your post correctly didnt I?

and BTW I am doing my best on both Pohanka stores and hop to get them certified before our order opens, and maybe maybe get a discount, ( I hope)

Kevin

kmp647 said:
but very hapy to hear cold weather package will be able to order for us!

True, but then again, you got that same news from the same source, so it's not really corroboration.

Patrick from Nissan said:
The cold weather packages should be available in regions that are subject to inclement weather.

That leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Is MD, DC and VA considered an inclement weather regain? Is NC, SC, AL or George? Surely not FL. But Surely if MD, DC and VA, then also TN, and TN orders were never given the option AFAICT. Surely AK, ME, MA, MN, QC, OT, SK, AL, ND, etc., a lot of places in Canada and the U.S. would definitely qualify for the Cold Weather Package, but will we in the Commonwealth of Virginia, that's the question.

Given that Cold Weather Packages will start being delivered to Japan as early as April and we can't expect our cars until at the latest August, it should be feasible for Nissan to allow ordering of the 17411, 17511 and 17611 trims for us January orders, so I'm optimistic that this will indeed be the case, but time will tell.

This is from the general info line? I am not sure I would rely very much on the accuracy.
I am not saying it is false either as it may well be true.

considering no one with a december order month has had an assessment, I would think that is the reason for the delay .

as far as many companies are concerned the year is over, its about to be closed for the holidays

now me in retail at a car dealership.... holiday .... right

Dang! That's embarrassing! Looks like I didn't understand Patrick the first time but he explained that he was in fact pretty sure that December orders are still on. Very sorry for causing an unnecessary panic. The December orders thread is, after all dead and surely I expected some November orders to still be trickling through. But we'll just have to wait and see.

The info about the Cold Weather Package still stands, though.

Back