April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
csriram45 said:
I just spoke to the dealer. I was supposed to be March delivery but my car is not here yet. Looks like there might not be any car being delivered in near future probably for weeks. The A/C Issue seems to have put all deliveries on hold including mine. I wish I had known that it was my option that delayed my car and as luck would have it, after I deleted my option, my car got held back for the A/C issue.

So I would not pay too much attention to those dates. My date says "march 31st" :)
At this point, I actually do have some empathy for the CS folks. First, the months of March (second half, anyway), April and May were going to be major delivery months after production had ramped up in February, then the earthquake hits, then the A/C issue emerges. It really must be difficult at this point to try to sort it all out. As usual, it would be nice if Nissan were actually to be a bit more transparent and forthcoming, but I am also somewhat sensitive to the PR ramifications of doing so.

surfsnow said:
Any "owner-to-be" have Week April 18th received any update? Like "7 Day" e-mail?
I've had a static April 14th week for... at least a week now. Just checked again, still April 14th, no emails/updates.

IBELEAF said:
csriram45 said:
"...for weeks..."
Today is not April fools ;)

Seriously, I don't think it would hold for weeks and all cars at the same time...

I am saying what my dealer told me. As far as the dates not moving and Nissan Rep saying that they will deliver, I got the same thing when I asked last week and they told me that Week of Mar 31st was not done until Sunday so I should wait till Saturday before being concerned.

So hopefully they do fix cars in the priority order but if that is the case then my car should be here and it isn't. So all I am saying is take it for what its worth but not to get hopes too high.

My dashboard has been stuck on "month of April 2011" for almost 2 months now. No changes, either good or bad.

But I just got an e-mail saying that I '...might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."'

Actually, it hasn't changed yet, and given that at least on this forum most people even with May deliveries were considered safe, I had assumed that I had gotten in under the earthquake/tsunami wire. But maybe not.

This (tentatively) sucks!

mweston said:
My dashboard has been stuck on "month of April 2011" for almost 2 months now. No changes, either good or bad.

But I just got an e-mail saying that I '...might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."'

Actually, it hasn't changed yet, and given that at least on this forum most people even with May deliveries were considered safe, I had assumed that I had gotten in under the earthquake/tsunami wire. But maybe not.

I'm right there with you, dude. Came home to snag a late lunch to find an e-mail (time stamped at 2:45 PM PDT) saying exactly the same thing. While I have a healthy perspective (I think the tsunami was a whopping 20 inches when it hit California) I am equally bummed out at the idea I'll have to wait another month or so.

~Y~

My delivery date has been moved up! From the "week of 4-7" to the "week of 4-5"! Haha... You sure have to have a sense of humor with these folks... My 7-day email has expired (as well as the 7-month email), and my dealer hasn't seen anything show up as of this afternoon.

Bill

mweston said:

I think you should call Nissan or dealer.
Most cases you should be able to see your VIN# in owners portal around 30days before estimated delivery date.

Got the email about going to pending, but I'm still showing April delivery. Fingers crossed, hope I didn't jinx it by starting to shop for car loans today.

Over on the "Forgotten Sept/Oct Orders" thread, people are saying that this was a mass email and a mistake for the late April/early May deliveries. At least, that's the word they got from Customer Service. I got that email just 10 minutes after speaking with a Nissan-USA rep who gave me a delivery window for the LEAF to arrive at the dealer. Go figure!

Slight bump in date, I am still curious what are all these checkpoints mean, I wish there would be some timeline for that

Checkpoint #1: In Production
Checkpoint #2: In Test
Checkpoint #3: In the port
Checkpoint #4: Bug fixing
Checkpoint #5: On the way to your Dealer

etc...

gascant said:
Over on the "Forgotten Sept/Oct Orders" thread, people are saying that this was a mass email and a mistake for the late April/early May deliveries. At least, that's the word they got from Customer Service. I got that email just 10 minutes after speaking with a Nissan-USA rep who gave me a delivery window for the LEAF to arrive at the dealer. Go figure!

My dashboard said Month of April, since early January. I received the email notice and my dashboard went to pending. CS also told me it was a mistake, and they are still trying to locate a car for me. I don't take much stock in what CS, the dealer or Nissan says. Show me the car and then I will believe it! :lol:

Sky said:
gascant said:

My dashboard said Month of April, since early January. I received the email notice and my dashboard went to pending. CS also told me it was a mistake, and they are still trying to locate a car for me. I don't take much stock in what CS, the dealer or Nissan says. Show me the car and then I will believe it! :lol:
CS told me the same thing today after I noticed my dash board also went to Pending. I don't like that term "locate". Basically the car is sitting in Long Beach with the right color and options, so all they need to do is "allocate" it to me (and likewise yours for you).

Mine went to Pending today so that either means my car was sitting on the dock in Japan and was destroyed, or it's sitting in Long Beach right now and they are testing Car Wings.

I hate this! :roll:

gascant said:
Sky said:
gascant said:

CS told me the same thing today after I noticed my dash board also went to Pending. I don't like that term "locate". Basically the car is sitting in Long Beach with the right color and options, so all they need to do is "allocate" it to me (and likewise yours for you).

Gascant, I like your word "allocate" much better than "locate." Although one must wonder if Nissan is using some other method, like a dart or Ouija board in which case a better word may be "assign." LOL

Sky said:
gascant said:
Gascant, I like your word "allocate" much better than "locate." Although one must wonder if Nissan is using some other method, like a dart or Ouija board in which case a better word may be "assign." LOL
Got your spell check right here, Sky - it's "asinine" :) :)

Speaking of "asinine,"

I am not sure where to post this goody (which is absolutely true): One of the executives at Fontana Nissan purchased and received a Leaf and then sold it to the "next customer in line" fortheir store.

magic8ball.jpeg

Back